"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Monday, September 17, 2007

THE test that I have waiting all year for!

Well.. after almost abt a year of learning my driving (and of course not forgetting the huge sum of money tat I have invested in this acquiring of my licence), it is time for me to take the test and hope very much that I would pass on my first try and get my licence..

So my TP (Traffic Police) Class 3 Manual Driving test is as follows:

Date: 12 December 2007 (Wednesday)
Time: 1145 hrs - 1230 hrs
Venue: Comfort Driving Centre (Kampong Ubi)

So ya.. of course, there is this sense of scare-ness in me, becos its like I dun koe wat to expect, and wonder my reaction to the result.. haix.. wat I'm most afraid is the stalling of my car engine.. tats wat I'm afraid lohx.. haix.. but must overcome it..

Anyway, this story of how I managed to get this desired timeslot (under the recommendation of my frequent driving instructor) is really amazing.. here is the story..

This morning I called the driving centre and they told me tat the most available date was 10/12/07 (with first two sessions for the day and last 2 sessions for the day). Of course, both were not recommended becos its like there is bus-lane operation hours and traffic is fairly heavy. So ya.. so the customer service officer told me over the phone tat if I want to get a 1145 hrs slot for another date, I could call in the late afternoon.

So tats wat I did.. 1500 hrs, I called and its like its engaged.. so ya.. so I called again like at 1715 hrs.. and a customer service officer pick up my call, and I ask her about the timings.. this time, she has told me tat a new date has been opened and all timeslots are available!

So I quickly left office at 1730 hrs.. took a bus home.. then quickly take my student booklet (for driving) and rush down to the driving centre by cab, for booking my test date..

Then the taxi driver was quite violent.. he actually like he talk to me as if he was shouting.. and he criticise the teaching methods taught by school.. he even test me and told me tat wat the school taught me is wrong.. This taxi driver told me tat before I initially want to move off, I dun press accelerator.. I just lift my clutch slowly and the car would move.. once car move, then press accelerator.. he is right to a certain extent, but not entirely.. but I dun care lahx.. I'm sticking to my driving instructor method.. I just treat the taxt driver as if he is talking rubbish.. so ya..

So I went there, took my queue no, and I silently prayed tat if it is His Will for me to take the test on 12/12/07, he would make the slot still opened.. And it did lahx.. So I was super happy lahx! =)

So ya.. so now, I guess I have to buck up on my driving liaox..

My bro, Sidney, just called just now to have a short chat, so called him lohx since he wanted a short chat.. so ya.. We just chat anything under the sun lahx.. and he told me tat he has forgotten of how to drive a manual car liaox.. hahax.. everything now is automatic.. hahax.. so you see.. Automatic car rules manx! =) So this gives me more determination to buy a auto-car nxt time! =)

Ok lah.. gtg and sleep liaox.. very tired.. tml another long day.. so ya..

Initial-D in the making,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: