"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Busy both at work and at play!

Ok ppl.. My sincere apologies for not blogging for so long.. so here is a summary account of what happened in the past wk ya.. =)

1. Farewell Dinner of my boss at Family Restaurant, Tampines Mall

** Photo on left: My boss, Wang Chee Hoo, and me

Well.. this day was my boss last day in office, so my colleagues decided to give him a farewell dinner. Its like a tradition everywhere lah.

So it was kinda sad to see such a boss who is understanding enuf, to like leave the company just like tat. I'm learnt to cope with it even more stable now.. not as emotional when Cheong left.. so ya..

Lots of memories just began to flood into my mind now, as I write this blog. I remember the first day when I join the company, my boss would like guide me along so well; its like he is there everytime I met into a problem.. and he had taught me so much about my products and all..

** Photo on right: My colleagues who are at the farewell dinner

Yes, of course, at times, both of us dun see eye to eye over some issues, but in the end, its still solved..

But if you want to compare Cheong and my boss, I would miss Cheong more, becos I can safely say tat I spend more time in office with Cheong than my boss.. so ya.. But oh well..

He has told me about his future plans.. and till nxt year, then he will return back to Singapore to find job. In the meantime, he is going to Germany to meet up with some friends for a backpacking trip for a mth, and then go to New York, USA, to meet his brother (whom he had not seen for 8 yrs), and he would spend his Christmas there (a white Christmas which is also my childhood dream).. so ya.. all of us (including me) just really envy him lahx! haix.. just wondering when wld be the time where I would have a white Christmas.. so ya..

2. Work at my workplace without my boss

Well.. without a boss, life can be easy and hard.. Easy when you koe you are not under very tight control.. tough part comes in when something happened and its out of your knowledge to solve it.. so ya..

However, my boss now is the biggest shot in the production department, which is the plant manager.. My new boss would be coming on 15/10/07, so tat means its about 1 mth boss-less.. but my plant manager is enuf to kill, becos if anything goes wrong, the first person he would find is me and I have to answer for it.. so ya.. Frankly speaking, I would be the happiest person in town if my plant manager doesnt come down to production (my side) and do an inspection.. becos everytime he comes down, something would happen and I sure kenna scolding.. so ya.. tats how bad it is..

And my section now is seriously under-staffed, until I have to eat my meals at odd hours.. so ya.. I guess I have overworked as well, becos I spend my whole day at production until I no time to settle my paperwork, and this means tat I have to do more OT and do late into the nite.. In fact, just last Friday, I stayed in office to finish my normal paperwork till like 2300 hrs. And I still got the more impt paperwork to complete, but then I just realised tat if I really continue to do it, it would already have been like 0100 hrs to 0200 hrs in the morning.. so ya.. and I dun want to spend doing so much OT in office, becos my big boss would sure ask why I stayed so late and all!)..
Anyway, I've wrote an email to HR dept and CC my plant manager (becos he is my temp boss mahx).. so ya.. hope they help me solve the problem as soon as possible.. so ya..

Just last Friday, I left office at 2300 hrs after finishing my work in office.. and its like I got really a very encouraging and much needed call (after all tat tiredness) from my best buddy in office, Alex.. so ya.. he actually called after he finished work at 2230 hrs, and ask me where I was and wat time I will stay until to finish up my work, and he advice me not to stay too late.. so ya.. So you can imagine.. I was very tired to the core liaox, and then got this sudden encouraging call.. Fortunately, I was not very emotional tat time or sumthing, or else I will juz cry lahx! =)

3. Youth service yesterday @ church

Church yesterday was all right.. Yesterday was Youth Camp Meeting.. and dinner was at Glutton's Bay, Esplanade.. it was quite an experience.. the rain and all.. once the rain came, the crowd seems to disipate, and it seems empty.. ha.. but the rain stop after a while, and its like once the rain stop, the crowd just came back.. hahax..

Then we walked to One Fullerton Starbucks for Youth Camp Meeting.. all thanks to me having the suggestion.. I will just die if we have the mtg at Amara.. Thanx Alvin (who is the Chairman) for heeding my suggestion! =)

4. Driving lesson today!

Well.. for all you koe, I just wasted $69, becos I forfeited my Manual driving lesson today for my Auto Driving lesson.. it feels heart-wrenching ya koe.. You koe how many hours of OT I must do, then I can earn back this amt? haix..

The story in the nutshell is this..
This morning I went to the driving centre, and saw my name has 2 car nos, so I went to the counter and like ask them why I got 2 nos, becos I remembered tat I have booked an auto-car lesson today.. but little did I expect tat the counter told me tat I have booked my auto-car and manual-car lesson at the same timeslot and same day.. so ya.. so I have to choose either one and the other one is forfeited, becos any cancellation has to be done 2 days before.. so ya..
Then I tried to explain to them tat I didnt koe tat the system wld like book each type of car learning slot separately, and they are independant of each other.I tot tat since I have booked for Manual-car driving lesson, my booking of auto-car lesson wld over-write the Manual-car lesson (or some pop-up msg would just appear), but it didnt in the end, and they said tat there is nothing they can do, becos the system doesn't allow them to do it.. so ya..
But anyway, I decided to do an auto-car lesson in the end, and just settle it once and for all, becos if I dun complete the auto-car lesson, I would not be able to like take the practical test (which is yet to be booked, becos no good timeslot)..

But I totally enjoyed myself during the auto-car lesson today.. and its like I'm like 80% determined to get an auto-car once I started driving.. hahax.. becos its like so easy and the best part is the car engine will NEVER stall! =).. becos I'm terribly prone to car engine stalling, which I totally hate it lahx.. Imagine myself stall in the middle of the road.. so ya.. Call me lazy or wat lah.. I dun care =P

5. The ever-delicious Durian mooncake!

** Photo on left: Celebrating Mid-Autumn Festival with Goodwood Park Hotel's D24 Durian Snowskin Mooncakes!

We.. wat do you all think of my photography skills huh? ha.. I actually photoshop the photos, or else where got so nice one! =) Nice rite..
Even Christina said tat its professional!! hahax.. so I guess I can be a part-time photographer? hahax.. all thanx to my Canon Ixus 60 lahx !! =)

Anyway, thanx to Christina who actually have helped me to purchase these mooncakes at a very special price, and also thanx to my brother, Tjow, who actually have helped to transport the mooncakes =).. thanx bro! Appreciate ya =)

Ok lahx.. I think this shld end my post for the past wk.. hope its short enuf to sum up the whole week.. just wonder when wld be the nxt blog entry.. hmm..

Oh.. nxt wk is my church's anniversary celebration at York Hotel.. so guess its more cam-whoring moments again! =)

Till next time,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: