"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, September 23, 2007

A great start to the weekend!

Where should I start? Hmm..

Anyway, this weekend was fabulous! Receiving of my personal credit card from Citibank, church anniversary celebration, hanging out with church friends, great driving lesson.. read on...

** Photo on left: My fashion statement @ Church 19th Anniversary Celebration, York Hotel.

Well.. this whole suit costs me a total of $128!
My black long sleeve shirt is from Esprit and it costs original price of $79.90, but becos I pay with my UOB Debit card, I got a $5 discount, and it costs me like $74.90.

Then my white jeans, I bought from Giordano, and before discount was $59.00, but because I'm a member at Giordano, and therefore, they gave me 10% member discount and its like only costs me $53.10.

But the white t-shirt underneath my black long sleeve shirt was my old t-shirt (from Giordano as well).. so ya..

I was supposed to dress according to my cell group colour, red. But then, becos I'm part of the Planning Committee for this event, and hence, I got to wear black instead lohx.. If you look at the picture close up, or see it for yourself in real life, you would realise that there is not much black.. instead, its more brown than black.. so ya..

I thought at first, I would not look good, becos its like I'm not so in favour of wearing black and white, becos I think they are only suitable for funerals.. so ya.. but I was wrong..

The white jeans were straight cut and they were from Giordano.. at first, I thought that it would be stick to my bud and hence, making movement difficult! But I was wrong. In fact, it was ultra comfortable lahx! =)

So ya.. in fact, yesterday, my bro, Andrew, told me after the event tat I was like one of the "jue dui superstar".. (ok.. I know you all are puking).. I was so flattered, but this is a fact mahx.. I think I look like one too! All white! =)

** Photo on right: Generation Joshua @ Church 19th Anniversary Celebration, York Hotel.

Well.. guess Youths nowadays like to like cam-whore.. and we at Generation Joshua were no exceptions!

Its like after the event, my camera was like empty and there were not much things to do.. so ya.. so its like I decided to cam-whore, and suddenly, everyone just takes out their cameras and cam-whore as well! Ha.. what a joke man.. but it was fun cam-whoring lahx! =).. We youths are a funny bunch, so that's why we like bond so well with each other lahx! And believe it or not, we spend like close to 45 mins just to cam-whore! hahax.. we best rite! =)

Then after the event ended, a group of us (Tjow & family, Ryan & Cat, Mok, Joshua, Me, Hanloong) went over the Paragon to just chit-chat over coffee at Dome Cafe, and I had the Ginger Latte, which I tell you, its fa-bu-lo-us lahx! The blend between the coffee and ginger was just right.. The ginger taste is very subtle and not too over-powering.. just the way I like it.. I like let everyone try it and they also say nice (of course, I ask Tjow for advice whether its nice or not, and he said its good, but then again, ppl have different taste, so ya.. So I've decided to just give it a try lahx!).. so ya.. see the food guru is NEVER wrong! =)..

After Paragon, its like some of them were tired, whilst some of them got to adjourn to another location, and its like left Mok and me feeling hungry, becos I think we both did not eat enuf at the buffet spread in the afternoon.. so ya.. And we took like close to an hour to decide where to eat.. so ya..

In the end, we've decided to settle it for Holland Village zhi char.. it was good I tell you, but the crowds were not.. they were a bit too rowdy.. but oh well, we go there for food (aka supper) rather than the atmosphere.. hahax..

We had packed quite a lot of carbohydrates; 2 large plates of salted fish fried rice, 1 large plate of san lok hor fun, 1 large plate of beef wa tan hor fun, 1 medium plate of spinach and 1 medium plate of ma po tou fu! It was cheap and good lahx.. The whole bill only comes up to $56, and 8 ppl were sharing.. plus drinks, each one only pay $8.. it was good man! =)

Tjow was the ultimate in like complaining to the cook that the first plate of salted fish fried rice was like so little rice and like sprinkles of salted fish bits.. Tjow actually told the lady how come the rice so little salted fish and did the salted fish migrated? (he meant it sarcastically lahx)..
The second plate we ordered after tat (becos we were still not full), is like suddenly rice is like free and also the salted fish.. at least everywhere was salted fish, unlike the first plate.. so ya.. so guess Tjow's complaining did make a difference! =)

Then its like Ryan fetched me to Mok's hse and from there, I took the second last bus home.. so ya.. it was a long wait lahx.. I was so tempted to like take the cab, but becos I'm short of cash this mth, so this is like not very possible.. so ya..

So by the time I reach home, its like already 0030 hrs, and I bathe and waited for my hair to dry, and its like by the time I sleep, its already 0130 hrs.. so ya..

Woke up this morning at 0645 hrs to go for driving.. and all I can say is tat I only stalled ONE time today, becos its a careless mistake.. can't remember wat it is, but its really careless of me lahx.. so ya.. other than that, there is like nothing much liaox lohx.. My driving instructor (my regular one who is the most strict among all) actually just said I need to practice more, but other than tat, my driving did improve.. So tat little encouragement really did make and perk up my day lahx.. so ya.. =)

Oh.. just before I end this post, I would like to announce that finally after weeks of waiting, I've got my Citi Clear Credit Card liaox.. I feel powerful! hahax.. but oh well, getting a Credit Card of course would mean tat I can spend more, becos there is definately such temptations.. but then I've resisted and its like no problem liaox loh! =) Of course, this would mean tat I have only a credit limit of $500 at any one time, becos' this card is aimed at lower income groups.. so ya.. I wanted to apply for Citibank Platinum Visa, but then my income can't hit the minimum requirement.. so ya.. so maybe I have to wait further? so ya.. =)
Anyway, for more information on Citi Clear Credit Card, click here.

Ok lahx.. I think this is long enuf liaox.. Got to go and end this post liaox.. I just wanna sleep the Sunday afternoon away! My eyes are really "heavy" manx! Lack of sleep.. so ya..

Don't disturb,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: