"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Think.. think.. think..

Well.. today I was having lunch with Alex (one of the AQCOs who is also one of my good friend at my workplace..)..

And we were discussing abt the ppl that we expect will leave the company will do so in a very short time..

Then I told him what my executive told me this morning.. its either my executive or my boss himself actually suggested I learn how to work the computer system, as after my boss is gone, the executive is the ONLY one in my dept who koes how to use the computer programme.. so in the event that he is on leave, there is no one else to key in the figures into the computer system, which must be done on a daily basis..

I was of course shocked when I first heard it, becos its like I tell you.. learning this programme is not easy.. a lot of hiccups to do and stuff.. so learning it means more work at office to do..
At the launch of this program, I actually asked my boss to teach me becos I was not very involved in production then.. but then now I'm involved in production, and moreover, if I manage to master this computer program, I reckon I would be somewhat heavily involved in this system.. so ya..

Of course, tots that run thru my head at first moment is that there is quite a higher chance for me to be promoted to executive level (instead from my humble supervisor level), becos this computer program is mostly done by executive level and above, and you seldom see supervisors actually do this stuff.. so ya.. but then again, I do not dare to place my hopes too high, becos its like everything is not confirm.. I dun even koe whether I wld be promoted.. so ya..

Then while Alex & I was chatting, I actually told him that if I'm heavily involved in this computer program, this means that even if I want to resign (becos its like I'm on the verge anytime, becos its really stressful), I have to re-consider.. becos if its like if there is no new ppl to replace my boss and/or the other dept's executive position, then my executive have to do the planning for both depts (which is ultimately hectic).. so with such a hectic schedule, do you think he have time to key in the daily figures?
So this is why I'm hesistant to quit if really such a situation persists.. I have to wait till everything settle down before I start quitting lohx..

So anyway, Alex and I was chatting.. and he said becos I'm doing so much work, there is quite a chance for me to be promoted.. so he asked me this question which puzzles me even till now.. the question is:

"If I'm really promoted to Production Executive, would I still stay on becos of the position or wld I still decide to leave?"

Its really hard to answer.. becos its like so tempting to stay, but then, I can't work in the environment anymore, which explains why I wanted to quit.. but then again, ppl have also been saying me that I would take the place of my boss, which is asst. production manager, becos I got the necessary qualification.. I'm of course totally flattered, but I rule that possibility out TOTALLY! Its like jumping and promoting 2 positions leh.. I'm not even well-versed in the other section (ie, juice), and I only got 8-9 mths experience, how then can I be a manager? They muz be kidding lahx..

But ya.. this question still remains.. if I'm promoted, would I still stay or insist on leaving the Company?

Just have to pray abt it and just hope that God will reveal to me the answer sometime real soon.. At the same time, I will also seek some advice from some of my close friends, so as to get their views.. so ya.. Just hope I can untie this persisting tot lohx.. its getting quite irritating actually.. haix..

Too much thinking for a supervisor,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: