"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

another resignation in my office

yes ppl.. this time its another resignation in the office, and its none other than my boss.. so ya.. his reasons for quitting were very clear.. and I'm just beginning to suspect whether is there really anything wrong with this company, that so many ppl were just quitting lahx..

Its just so discouraging to see so many ppl quitting, and its like the ppl I can click with.. haix.. Sometimes I really wonder when would be my turn..

Today, I heard from my colleague, that the HR manager has sent down an email saying that in the event that they spot the operators wearing old uniforms, they are going to issue warning letter to the supervisor/executive. Well.. this is becos the workers got new uniforms, and we are suppose to do a 1-1 exchange.. however you see.. not all the workers will throw the uniforms, becos they complain not enuf.. so ya.. so wat I did is I trust that they wld throw away, and I conveyed the msg yesterday to my senior operator and section leader, trusting that they would follow wat I say.. so ya..
So I tot of it liaox.. in the event that I really get a warning letter becos of this, I would just resign becos you see.. its not entirely my fault.. by then, I hope I can find a job by then, or else, if I just resign like that, wat do I eat? Grass? so ya..

Am really angry over the email sent by the HR Manager, becos its quite unreasonable lahx.. but wat to do? I'm employed by the Company, and have to listen to every word that the HR Manager says rite? Its all a matter of submitting to authority..

This morning actually I find something not rite.. becos I happen to saw my boss writing a performance appraisal.. but dun koe for who.. becos its like if its any of the operators, then the direct superior (which is the supervisors) would do the appraisal.. but then my boss write the appraisal.. so that could only be the appraisal for executive level (which is the 3 of us - 2 supervisors & 1 executive).. its either someone is gonna get promoted soon, or pay adjustment, etc..
Of course, I really hope that he is doing a performance appraisal for me, so that I get promoted to executive position, instead of being at supervisor position.. but then again, I dun dare to place my hopes too high, becos one of the supervisor has worked for like 26 yrs, so ya.. so even if there is a promotion, this supervisor shld be promoted first mahx..
So wat if I have Diploma but only 8 mths of experience? Comparing me in managing the ppl on the production floor, I feel that my colleague who has 26 yrs of experience, fares much better than me, and able to supervise more than me.. so ya..
So tats why I dun place my hopes too high.. In fact, I wish to forget all abt it, juz in case I get disappointed that it is not me.. so ya..

So ya.. Now I'm at a loss now.. dun koe whether shld I continue working or would there come a day that I would submit that very "important" letter to my new boss? I dun koe.. I'm now living on a day-to-day basis..

Living on the edge,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: