"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Monday, June 25, 2007

Of great food & company!

Ok ppl.. this wkend is like I eat non-stop, no wonder I put on another kilogram *eeks*..

Here is a brief lowdown..

Saturday (23/6)

After church, went for my church Anniversary mtg and thank God for Christina, that she has agreed to lighten my load by taking the role of the publicity person.. hahax.. gambate Christina! =)

** Photo on left: Me with the Ben & Jerry's bus @ Dempsy Road..

Ok.. this is my 2nd time in the month eating Ben & Jerry! I just had one serving of it like last Sun (17/6).. so ya.. I juz can't get enuf of Ben & Jerry lah..

You maybe wondering how come I was at Dempsy Road? This is becos after church, Tjow called me to like whether want to join them at Dempsy Road to just chill out?

I was like ok loh.. becos Dempsy Road is juz a nice place lahx.. So ya.. Eating ice cream just made me very happy.. so ya.. I actually forgotten all my worries away..

** Photo on right: The Ben & Jerry's banana split with 3 flavours: Cherry Garcia, Chunky Monkey & Berry Berry Extraordinary, and 3 toppings: M&M's, peanuts and hot chocolate fudge!

And I got the shock of my life.. Tjow wanted me to like perform in front of the crowd at the Ben & Jerry's place, as there was a small synthesizer.. so ya.. I didn't want to embarass myself, but Tjow seemed very determined to do it.. so you shld have see how I was like begging him not to do it.. Just thinking of it really puts a smile on my face.. so ya.. I'm super stress sia tat nite.. Thank God that Tjow didnt do it, or else I dun koe where to hide my face liaox..

But ya.. I just love tha ambience there, and the ice-cream.. but wats most is the company of friends who was there.. so ya.. Thank you one and all for making my Saturday nite so fun! =).. It was truly an unforgetable nite! =)

Sunday (24/6)

Driving this morning was ok.. In fact, I enjoyed it so much.. no stress somemore.. I tot the Malay instructor was good.. in fact, this instructor which took me on this day is like the BEST lahx.. I wanted to attach to him for my Sunday lessons, but he said that he dun work on Sundays.. so ya.. He is really a good instructor.. At one pt, he even on his radio, so as to reduce my stress from driving bahx.. =).. This kind of instructor where to find? His instructions and method of driving were very clear and precise.. haix.. I think if he teach me, I sure pass one.. so ya..

(Saying of which, I have not started studying my advance theory.. nxt mth is my test liaox.. die.. but long time.. still got time to study.. I think? hahax..)

This day was spent on eating again.. except this time is with family.. Went to Kuishibo @ Suntec for my dad's pre-birthday dinner, as well as also belated Father's day dinner.. so ya.. =)

** Photo on left: The oh-so-heavenly Unagi sushi

Well.. since I'm a working adult already, and this is a treat for my dad, I decided to pay the bulk of it..

And the spread is really good.. considering its $39.80++ per person.. so ya.. And there is of course unagi.. My favourite lah.. the Unagi on this sushi is much better, than the one that is the whole piece and put there for ppl to take.. so ya..

** Photo on right: Me having some fun with the Snow Crab!

One of the must-eats there is the Snow Crab.. the snow crab is similar to the flower crab, but there is much more "flesh" than the flower crab.. its quite shiok.. but of course, there was only a limit I can eat.. so ya..

Being the playful me, I decided to take a photo of me (making the legs as my moustache) doing some tricks with the snow crab's legs! hahax.. =P

** Photo on left: An interesting dish, called Dobin Mushi.

Believe it or not.. the photo you see on the left is actually a soup!

This soup is special.. Its served with a wedge of lime. You are supposed to squeeze it into the soup. Inside the soup are 1 prawn, 1 shitake mushroom, and a gingko nut. The soup is really tasty with a hint of lime!

The soup has a slight miso taste, but then its not totally miso base.. its like a clear broth soup.. so ya..

** Photo on right: My dessert platter!

The time came where I really cannot eat anymore, and had to settle with desserts! So ya.. this was my dessert platter.. the yoghurt is really shiok lahx.. I actually ate 2 cups! =)

Monday (23/6)

Well.. had a tough day at work today..

Its not only the Monday blues, but its also some stuff problems, which my boss and I had a hard time solving them..

Had a chat with the staffs involved, but dun koe whether it wld help, becos I'm so afraid that the staff wld sabotage or make things difficult for me.. so ya..

My boss handled it all himself (first time I see him so angry!), so I dun koe whether the staff involve wld take it out on me.. well.. lets take one step at a time lahx..

Then of course, I dun koe wat happen to me.. When I first came home, I actually had butter fingers, and drop my 7 year old porcelin cup which I got from Australia (when I was juz 13 yrs old), and it broke..
As a result, I got quite a small deep cut on the sole of my feet, and blood juz flowed down like nobody's business.. Managed to stop the bleeding after a while, but ya.. wonder wats wrong with me today??

Then came online, actually want to do my Youth Camp Publicity one.. but then I felt this blogpost more impt, so I blog..

And juz as I got a bit bored, I surfed websites, and got onto Sidney's blog.. and just then, he called, and we chatted for 30 mins.. thanx bro! That short 30 mins even though its quite lame conversation, but it help to chase my blues and stress away! It's always enjoyable to chat with ya, even though you always suan me.. Bros forever ya =)

Then went I came online, Tjow was in as well, and he refused to tell me why he is so happy.. and he was so bad.. asked me to call his wife to ask him why he is so happy.. I was like eh... dun want to disturb lahx.. also quite lazy as well.. hahax..

Then Tjow also told me that he wld be the Chairman for Church Camp 2008, and I as usual, when he is in, he wld always "pull me in" and I was like expecting only publicity, but he said that there is more.. so ya.. I dun koe wat, but I'm sure scared of the decision! I got a gut feeling that its something which is very great [in fact too great for me to handle and could ever imagine!] (which I shall not say it, juz in case, gave Tjow the idea when its actually not.. becos this bro of mine, is very determined one.. once you say something and he think its good, he wld take it one!.. so ya.. on the safe side, better not say juz in case it give him some crafty ideas!)

Ok lahx.. gtg liaox.. this post quite long liaox.. need to end or else you wld juz fall asleep! =)

Till next time,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: