"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

What a disappointment!

Oh ok.. First things first, after wks, blogger has finally solved its posting blogpost issue.. now it looks normal.. ha..

But ya.. Today was my IPPT and I took a leave off work today.. Being on leave simply feels good, but it gets boring when you get nothing to do..
(But being on leave for IPPT has its perks too! It improve my scores.. so ya.. so its worth it lahx)

Anyway, the story continues, and I was doing my church stuff (for my Youth's special item for Father's Day) and also helping Jaslyn with her publicity stuff.. so ya.. so it has been a busy afternoon for me..

The time came where I had to go for my IPPT.. was breaking out in cold sweat, believe it or not.. I had no expectations at all, except that I koe I was going to fail..

Then came the time where I took my first station, Shuttle Run, and man oh man.. Ain't I surprised or something.. I actually got 3 pts (which I did NOT achieve b4 in my entire NS life).. so that was an achievement.. Then I actually up my expectation, and hoping to get the $100 incentive..

Then I chiong the other stations..

Then came standing broad jump, and that was like the final straw.. I did not manage to pass that station.. So my morale dropped..

Then came chin-up.. so its like this PTI behind me say no count this and that.. but the meter kept jumping.. so its like I dun koe whether it counted or not.. but then again, it doesnt matter, becos I still failed that station..

Then came 2.4km, and it was a miracle.. Except for the time where I did for NS, I've never pass my 2.4km run before.. and today, I got 2 pts! And thats a miracle.. I got 6 rounds to run and when I finished the first round, I was half dead, becos I completed my first round at 1.50 mins! And thats like an achievement.. never did I expect to run so fast.. and the subsequent rounds, I was catching my breathe, and I almost died I tell you.. My mind was not strong enuf.. but instead, I tell myself that I can do it and stuff..
And when I was running the last 100m, I actually sprinted, and after that, I got difficulty in breathing.. so ya..

Then its there that I felt my static stations were a pity (becos I achieve 2 pts for 2.4km, which I didnt expect it at first) and felt really demoralised and disappointed over my results..

Have told a few ppl abt my results, and they all encouraged me.. Thanx! =).. but the person who really encouraged me was my brother-in-camp, Sidney.. Bro, believe it or not.. I was really touched by your encouragement and I almost teared.. so ya.. Thanx bro for believing in me! =).. I will try harder nxt time.. I promise! =)

So to summarise, I am actually short of 4cm in my standing broad jump and 2 chin ups to get that $100 incentive.. but it didnt happen.. haix.. really sad.. dun want to brood over it, or else I wld be sianx the whole week.. so ya..

But one thing I shld be happy is that I did improve from my last result (which was my initial aim when I started the IPT prog), and also I do not need to go for Remedial Training.

So in a nutshell to let you see my results, here are my results before and after IPT.

BEFORE IPT

Sit Up: 41 (5 points)
Standing Broad Jump: 203 cm (0 point)
Chin Up: 4 (1 point)
Shuttle Run: 10.8 sec (1 point)
2.4km Run: 13.37 min (0 point)

Total Points: 7
Result: Fail

AFTER IPT

Sit Up: 41 (5 points)
Standing Broad Jump: 212 cm (1 point)
Chin Up: 4 (1 point)
Shuttle Run: 10.4 sec (3 points)
2.4km Run: 12.20 min (2 points)

Total Points: 12
Result: Fail

Haix.. looks like I have to be a disappointment tonite.. haix..

Crying in my sleep,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: