"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My Secret Garden

Ok.. this is one of my blogposts that there are more pics than words.. so ya.. so here goes..

*Photo on left: My oh-so-cool family @ My Secret Garden

"My Secret Garden" is the place where my family went to, for Mother Day's dinner. This is the second time I've visited the restaurant, and I must say that its a whole new different experience, becos the last I've visited the restaurant was abt 2-3 yrs ago.. so ya..

*Photo on right: Cheers mate!

Well.. for once, this is the first time that we are having wine during a dinner as a family.. ha..

What I'm holding on to was a glass of red wine (which was the wine of the month for the restaurant). If you want to know, the wine was Viu Manent Malbec-Gls 2006.. so ya.. this is under the recommendation of the restaurant manager, which happens to be my dad's ex-colleague when he is working in a bank abt 4-5 yrs back.

And I actually voiced out my concerns that it is very dry and all, but the restaurant manager assured me that this is confirm not the case, as he chose the wine and its not Australian wine, which tends to be inconsistent in its taste and all.. so ya.. quite cheem.. but I was very happy with the wine lahx.. and I think the alcohol content is a bit high, becos I can feel it lahx.. but oh well.. good wine is good wine =)..

So that day, my sis, dad and I have a glass of wine each.. My dad had a glass of white wine (Viu Manent Sauv Blanc-Gl 2006), as he was having seafood (fish to be exact).

*Photo on left: The appetizer, Secret Garden Green

This salad is so so only lahx.. But one thing I like is the grapefruit! Yummy =).. but then the down thing is that there is not enuf balsamic vinegar (which they actually only put droplets).. so ya..

*Photo on right: The fanciful landscape during nightfall at the restaurant

This photo was taken by my sis.. I'm not so artistic lahx.. hahax.. but the landscape is good rite.. =)

*Photo on left: Grilled Beef Tenderloin

This is one of their specials, but apparently I find it so so only.. The only thing that is good is that it actually "matches" with my red wine.. so ya. =)

I have a downpoint in eating meat, esp. beef.. Because though I ask it for medium rare doneness of the meat, but after a while (a quarter of the meat eaten), I actually got jelat, and dun feel like eating anymore.. but becos this is expensive stuff ($32 to be exact!), have to finish it lahx..

*Photo on right: The soup, Lobster Bisque

This soup is superb lahx.. Lobster meat, with the soup which is not so salty.. Yummy! =)

*Photo on left: Cod Fish

This is my dad's main course dish.. a pity I forgot to "tax" some, or else I wld have given you the verdict.. But it looks good isn't it? =)

*Photo on right: My dessert: Tiramisu

This is one of the best tiramisu ard.. I actually like ask what coffee liquor they use, but the restaurant manager refuse to tell.. but he juz told me that he mix a few coffee liquors, which explains the strong coffee and liquor flavour.. so ya..

But this dessert is not cheap ok.. this small slice costs $8! so ya.. but its worth it lah.. I like it.. Yummy! =)

*Photo on left: This dessert is compliments from the restaurant manager. This dessert is called, Triple Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Ice-Cream

This is superb stuff! You shld try it sometime.. Its complimentary for my mum (who is having it), becos its Mothers' Day and the restaurant manager is my dad's friend mahx.. =)

*Photo on right: Cheese Platters

I'm not a very cheesy person, so I didnt order this.. This is my sis "dessert".. so ya.. apparently, the cheeses are not bad, matched with walnuts and all.. but its quite fattening.. and got blue cheese, which is exactly not my cup of tea..

*Photo on left: Blueberry Cheesecake

This is agaian under the recommendation of the restaurant manager, and my dad has this dessert loh..

I "tax" some, and I muz say its good.. its not so sweet and the cheese taste is not so strong.. so ya.. Just the way I like it!

So ya.. that practically sums up the Mothers' Day celebration, and I've done my part in uploading and updating the pics liaox..

Tata all! =)

Shhh.. come to Singapore's best kept secret, "My Secret Garden",
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: