"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Of birthday gifts and well wishes..

Well.. I muz say this year, my birthday celebration is a little quiet.. not quite the ideal celebration wat I wish to have.. but oh well.. at least there is the tot of it there by my church mates, where they showered me with wonderful gifts, and well wishes as well.. so ya..

** Photo on left: My birthday presents (Pinnacle Studios V.10 Titanium Edition, Freshbox T-shirt, Parker pen, Jazz Meets Hymns CD)

As you can see in this photo on the left, this is wat I received yesterday from my various church mates..

Special Unagi Roll from Sushi Tei
There was supposed to be a box of Special Unagi Roll from Sushi Tei, which is given to me by Christina.. but then I finished up all liaox.. I shared with my church mates (how cld I forget my bro, Andrew, which I treated him a piece of it as well lohx!).. so ya..

And when I saw tat it was unagi, I was like elated lahx.. and I asked Christina how she koe I like the unagi sushi from Sushi Tei? She said she heard me say before.. so ya..

"Jazz Meets Hymns" CD
You see the CD there? It is a jazz hymn CD which is also bought by Christina.. she knew I like jazz.. and I tell you.. this album is so so good lahx.. I juz love it! Christina if you are reading this, THANK YOU!

Freshbox T-shirt
Then you see the shirt? This is bought by my bros, Andrew & Nathaniel.. they knew I wanted a freshbox tshirt (becos I told Andrew tat I want to get one when I pass by Far East..), and actually he remembered! Wow bro.. you really have a good memory huh! =) Thanx bros!

Parker Pen
Then the pen you see in the picture is given my Ryan & Cat.. Ppl, its a PARKER pen ok.. never in my whole life has someone given me a Parker pen! Ha.. They are the first lahx! =).. Its so expensive tat I dun koe how to use it.. ha.. Thanx ryan & cat! I think I will use it in church.. becos this kind of pen use at my workplace, in secs, it wld be gone! ha =).. But thanx for it loh! =)

Pinnacle Studios V.10 Titanium Edition
Last but not least, my precious, "Pinnacle Studios V.10 Titanium Edition".. and this was the surprise gift, which I really didnt expect it at all! Here's wat happened..

A week back, Tjow said tat I shld invest in a Pinnacle Studios software since I'm very into publicity (both church and youth camps).. so ya.. So I tot it was a good idea.. so I called Challenger to find out the price, and it was $199! I was taken aback of course, becos its like I dun have the money and cash to get this.. so I decided to settle for the "not so expensive video editing software, which is Ulead"..

Then a few days back, I was online with Tjow and I told him tat I wanted to Ulead, student edition.. and he immediately told me NOT to get it, becos its not good and all.. Pinnacle is much better.. so I was like ok lohx.. then he suggested something else.. Was of course favourable for tat idea.. Can save money mahx =)..

Then I sent him an SMS yesterday morning to remind him abt the software idea tat he has given me.. Then he juz replied, "okay"..

Then when I went to church, I forgotten all abt it.. and after service, it was like got Youth Meeting, so we all proceeded to Vil'lage @ China Square.. had my dinner.. then when I saw Tjow, I remembered tat he has to give me the stuff tat I wanted.. So I asked him, and he said its in his car..

Then he said, "abriel, open up the present lahx.. I wrap one.. see who is it from..".. I shook the parcel, and I had a wild tot (but rejected it after a brief second, becos I dun feel its possible!) tat it maybe Pinnacle Studios, becos Tjow asked me before as to whether I'm keen to get a pinnacle studios the other time.. I replied yes of course, becos its like one of my dreams to have pinnacle studios lahx..

I wanted to open, but then paiseh.. so many ppl.. then he said "why never open?".. so I oblige him, and I started from the top of the wrapper.. and low and behold, when I saw wat was inside, I was like in a complete state of shock! I was speechless and stared blankly in space.. If I were anymore emotional, I think I wld juz cry.. and actually at tat time I felt like sleeping liaox, but suddenly, this whole pinnacle studios thingy juz woke me up lahx.. went round to thank the ppl who pooled money to buy this gift.. so here is a special shout out of thanks to the various ppl who has given me Pinnacle Studios: Tjow, Claudia, Elly, Jaslyn, Alvin & Carlise! Thank you all so so much! You all have made my 23rd birthday a lot more sweeter than before! Ha.. how nice this was my 21st birthday rather than my 23rd birthday! hahax..

Then came home, and took photos of my gifts lohx.. and here am I blogging abt it! =)

Ok lahx.. gtg liaox.. Thank You all once again for everything tat you all have showered me with! I feel so blessed! =)

The birthday boy has spoken,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: