"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, February 04, 2007

What a great day!

Well.. ok.. I koe I can't contain my excitement in my first driving lesson today, but ya.. shall blog further down.. so read on..

Yesterday at church was all right.. I'm so satisfied with my dressing yesterday lahx.. hahax.. I feel so super hunk-ish and handsome.. hahax.. ok.. you ppl out there, I koe you want to vomit, but no pail.. =P

Then went to Amara Hotel foodcourt for dinner.. food was so so, though the stalls were super little variety..

After dinner, Enoch called me to another table and had a chat with me.. and I tell you.. I was pre-empt by my bro, Andrew, abt wat to expect, as in he attended the Youth Leaders' mtg last week, and he told me the various things tat I wld be involved in my Youth liaox.. but then, he didnt tell me the details.. And Enoch told me the details of it, and I was like, "wah.. so many things now ah?.. I tot a bit of things only, but the workload is like very high.. its like I feel so stretched to my limit..".. But I guess there is a first time in everything, and since this was presented to me, I shall accept it and take it as a challenge.. Though its not easy, but I wld koe tat there would be God as well as good church friends and leaders guiding me along.. so ya.. Am keeping a positive attitude lahx, but right down inside, its like I'm worried tat I can't fulfill the high hopes they have of me.. so ya..

Like rite now, I'm now the formal Publicity guy for both Church and Youth.. Both camps (church and youth), I would THE guy who is in chrage of publicity.. and I tell you.. its NO easy feat, becos my ideas are limited, and moreover, my work committments.. So ya.. but nevertheless, I shall give it a try lahx.. so ya.. I have tot of an idea for Church Camp publicity liaox, but tat is only 1 idea.. I need many more.. so ya.. I shall take it one step at a time lahx..

So ya.. after the chat, we all proceeded to Starbucks @ Plaza Singapura to juz chill out.. I had a Venti Java Chip Frap after much persuation from one of the Starbucks staff there.. here's the conversation:

Me: Hi.. A grande Java Chip pls.
Staff: Wld you like to upgrade to a venti size Sir? Its more worth it; just 50 cents more!

Me: No. A grande size would do. Can't finish.
Staff: That's what everybody who orders Venti says. But after that, when I see their cups, it was empty.

Me: Ok ok lah.. A venti size lah. *smiles*
Staff: *Chuckles*. A venti size Java Chip Frap?

Me: *Nods*
Staff: That would be $7.50, Sir.

Had my drink, and was stoned for a while all by myself at a table, becos I was thinking wat to drink, and also was quite tired.. Stoning at that time seemed to be perfect..

Then just as I was almost get ready to go home, had an engaging chat with Alvin, as to what shld I expect on my first day of driving lesson.. so ya.. so he told me all abt what I shld koe.. Now I got wat he means by all the terms he told me.. especially the accelerator part.. so ya.. the accelerator pedal is really sensitive.

So ya.. then woke up this morning at 0630.. ate my breakfast.. left hse at 0730.. reach the driving centre at Ubi at 0815.. lesson start at 0830.. so ya.. And I tell you.. I was again filled with much anxiety, becos I really dun koe wat to expect.. tats why..

Then this morning when 0830 reached, I saw this instructor of mine.. he looks ok, but then see him a bit fierce.. but then, I tot "do not judge a book by its cover".. so I proceeded lohx..

When I got into the car, we exchanged greetings then he asked me whether I have passed my final theory and also whether its my first lesson.. so ya.. I replied to his questions..

Then he brought me to a carpark, where he taught me some stuff.. But at times, I muz admit tat my instructor got unreasonable at times, becos its like I want to ask him a question, then he think, and then tell me, dun jump the gun.. one step at a time.. I was like orh ok loh..

Then sometimes I dun koe anything or can't remember, and I ask him, and he would like give me a very fed up face and then tell me.. so ya..

So of course, had some scoldings.. but not those kind where the person juz shouted and all.. its juz like scolding me for being forgettful and all.. so ya.. I dun really felt good when kenna from my instructor lahx.. so ya..

But I felt really good when I drive and the car is moving.. Learnt quite a few stuff today.. so ya.. Learnt how to turn curves as well.. though simple as it may seems, its actually quite difficult, esp with me estimating the distances as to how many turns to make, as well as I muz also control the clutch and accelerator pedal well.. which also keeping in mind as my hand coordination of the steering wheel.. Still can't coordinate well.. so ya.. But the gear changing is easy.. hahax.. =).. and juz realise tat I dun even need to step on the accelator pedal when I'm in reverse gear.. juz step clutch at biting pt can liaox.. hahax..

For those of you who passed your driving or are currently driving, you wld koe wat I'm toking abt lahx.. so ya.. but then, I guess I still have a long way to go.. but wat I can truly say tat I juz love driving the car, especially Toyota Vios. =) Very user-friendly.. so ya.. =)

Am looking forward for my next driving lesson next week! =).. Also got a huge discovery.. I juz found out tat I had a straight bus to my driving centre from the bus-stop juz in front of my hse.. hahax.. this is even more convenient for me lahx =)

Then after came home, surf net for a while, and then went out for music practice @ church.. mok is in the music team now liaox, so ya.. very happy! =)..

After practice, then went with my family to Chinatown to buy Chinese New Year stuff.. of course, I paid for the stuff lahx.. I see wat I like, I buy.. and of course, the prices are a bit steep as well, but then again, this is only a yearly affair.. so ya..

However, my most satisfied purchase wld be buying the BBQ Pork (or commonly known as 'Bak Kwa').. a must have at every CNY.. so ya.. Went to Fook Hai Building @ Chinatown to get it lahx.. so ya.. becos its like recommended by The Sunday Times, and its 1 star more than Lim Chee Guan.. and moreover, this is slightly healthier, becos it uses lean meat, whereas Lim Chee Guan uses not so lean meat.. so ya.. so naturally, the one which I bought is naturally tougher.. so ya.. The brand tat I bought was "Kim Hock Guan".. so ya.. notice the difference =)
At first, when I queue, it was not like a long queue.. After I was done, it was like a super long queue.. so ya..
Passed by Lim Chee Guan, and surprising, the queue was not long as well.. dun koe why.. hmm.. Anyway, I buy liaox.. so dun bother.. but when I pass by Lim Chee Guan, I somewhat felt a sense of regret.. so oh well...

Then went shopping with parents for my CNY fashion.. Walked passed New York New York @ Citylink, when I heard someone called my name.. and I didnt see who.. until my mum said someone calling me and she pt to the person.. and to my surprise, I saw my camp mates, Yanwei, Hern Khoon & Anli.. so ya.. caught up with them for abt 5 mins, before saying bye and carried on with my shopping.. so ya..

I bought a Giordano shorts at a 30% discount.. original was $39.. but after discount, it was only $27+.. so ya.. =)..

Then went to Carrefour to buy some hair stuff for my makeover hair! so ya.. bought a wax, after much interaction via SMS with my bro, Andrew, as he gave me solid and good advice, as to how to make my hightlights more obvious.. so ya..

However,I'm still looking for a top, and to my dismay, I cld not find one lahx.. haix. looks like I have to go back to Gap and buy the polo tshirt.. so ya.. juz have to see loh.. going with my bro and fashion consultant, Andrew, of course! =)

Then took bus with parents to go home.. was dead tired.. but still blog this post.. After this post, I'm cfm sleeping.. so shack sia..

Ok.. gtg liaox.. I'm going to lala land.. =)

Love you peepz,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: