"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The visitation to houses never ends...

Well ppl.. I juzt realised tat my blogposts are always at least 1 day later than the event itself.. hahax.. becos I'm busy mahx.. =) Anyway, here is my blogpost..

The Second Day of CNY (Monday, 19 Feb 2007)

** Photo on left: The Ghui Family (doing an annual house visit during each CNY)

Well.. as a matter of fact, yesterday doesn't seem to be a day of CNY.. becos its like its Monday and its a weekday.. so ya.. I juz dun koe why yesterday I dun have the mood lahx..

But as the day passes by, the festive mood start to come back..
FYI: Yesterday was visiting my dad's side relatives.. so ya..

First stop was at my eldest uncle's place, where it would be a annual affair that all my uncles, aunties and cousins gathered there for our Peranakan lunch cooked by my grandmother (The 'Mee Siam' and 'Sambal Nanas' is to die for lahx!!).. It was yummy I tell you! =).. Just thinking of it now as I've written this blog, I juz felt like eating it again lohx.. *drools*

Didnt really talk much to my cousins of the same age, becos they are like so so busy, so ya.. And they got their girlfriends to entertain too as well.. ha.. so dun want to play gooseberry.. =P

** Photo on right: My cousin, Nathaniel, & me (the 2 only male cousins who go round of visiting each year, becos the rest were gals.. hahax..)

But as time goes by, I get more warmed up and spoke to my cousins and stuff.. but still not much lahx.. I juz didnt koe why I'm not as talkative as before.. so ya..

But ya.. one thing I'm very happy is that a lot of my cousins say they like my hair yesterday.. the colour and styling was nice.. hahax.. =)..
Well, I also felt my hair yesterday was good.. one of the best lahx.. so ya.. thanx to my bro, Andrew, for giving me sound advice on how to do my hair and stuff.. so ya.. Bro, it was a success! Thanx bro! =)

Then its like at almost every hse, there was bak kwa (BBQ pork which is a must have at every CNY!)... so I ate.. and along with that, there are some other stuff as well.. so ya.. And I just felt tat by eating all these, I will gain weight and true enuf, I did lahx.. so sad.. =(.. but fortunately its not the really gain until so much weight thingy.. so ya.. so at least tats comforting.. but then again, this means I have to lose weight soon, or else, I will just die of fatness lahx.. =)

Last stop was my aunty's hse, where we had a Peranakan dinner (duh.. wat u expect? I Peranakan mahx!).. The food was so good lahx, but I could only eat 1 bowl of rice with some food, becos I was super full lahx (from all the snacking and stuff!).. hahax..

Then came home with family lohx.. bathe and then sleep liaox.. too tired.. so ya..

Woke up this morning at abt 0900.. later going to visit my grandfather's grave, followed by me going to Heeren to get my Adidas watch fixed.. dun koe what happened.. I think the battery something wrong or stuff.. so ya.. Will go there and find it out lohx after my visit to my grandfather's grave lahx.. so ya..

So guess today wld be another day of family time?

And I would be on unpaid leave for tml and thurs.. so ya.. so that means 2 more days of enjoyment! =)

Ok.. gtg liaox.. Happy New Year once again to my readers! =)

A CNY filled with much laughter and joy,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: