"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Happy Chinese New Year everyone!!

Well.. the Year of the Pig has been ushered in today! Here's me wishing everyone, a very Happy Lunar New Year! =)

I muz say tat the Year of the Dog has been a very memorable one, with me juz ORD and all.. and this is the first time after 2 yrs, I've started my personal makeover.. so ya.. Glad it was a rather successful one, or else, I think I would juz bang my head against the wall and hid my head in the sand.. hahax..

Oh.. this blogpost is gonna be filled with photos, rather than me juz talking.. becos a picture is worth a thousand words mahx.. =).. so ya.. so sometimes, I would juz blog less and let you see the pic lohx! =).. so enjoy! =)

The Reunion Dinner @ Pearl River Palace Restaurant, Suntec City (Saturday, 17 Feb 2007)

** Photo on left: The family photo @ Reunion Dinner!

Its been a while since our whole family sat down for a dinner, and not to mention the reunion dinner which is a yearly affair.. so ya.. and becos its a yearly affair, and I've started working already, I have decided to give my family a treat at this year's reunion.. so ya..

** Photo on right: My sis & me @ Reunion Dinner!

However, this reunion dinner costs me a bomb (usually twice as more than wat I spend on normal treats for my family, but this is a CNY reunion dinner afterall.. so no choice lohx!)

Went to the dinner right after church, so ya.. Because church finish early, so lotsa free time to play with.. so its like after some delay-daly at church, left church at abt 1730 hrs.. so ya..

** Photo on left: Me @ Starbucks, Suntec City!

Then we proceeded over to Starbucks @ Suntec City, becos I was super hungry.. imagine me having to 'tong' my stomach from 1730 to 2000.. my stomach cannot make it liaox loh.. so ya..

So my dad treated me to their ice signature chocolate drink and I requested for a serving of their pasta salad =).. Yummy!

So after the eating and all at Starbucks, it was just waiting there for time to pass, since shops were all closed, so can't do shopping at all.. so ya.. And becos I was so free, I whipped out my camera and started cam-whoring.. and viola.. took quite a few pics of myself at Starbucks, but this was my most satisfied pic.. =)I juz love everything in this picture.. the person, the hair, the attire.. etc.. hahax.. ok, I shall stop and dun let me spoil your CNY.. hahax.. but this is the truth mahx.. =P

** Photo on right: My attire fashion for the day!

Well.. I koe the photo doesnt turn out nice, becos of the poor lighting of the place lahx.. but ya..

Anyway, when I went to church with this attire, lotsa ppl from church has been complimenting of my attire (from top to bottom).. ppl say I look handsome in it, and said I shld dress like this more often..

Wah.. I was so flattered lahx.. but in my mind, I was thinking, "of course lahx.. do they koe how much money I've invested in myself to make myself this handsome.. hahax.. there is a price to pay for everything ya koe!"..

It turns out that everything juz work perfectly.. my hair colour and stuff.. but then, the sad thing is tat no young gals complimented me.. all is the ppl over the age of 35.. hahax.. but oh well.. ppl compliment me is enuf to boost my confidence and make my makeover all worthwhile.. =)

When I first wore this attire at home, and tried on the new specs, I felt so much like a Korean actor, Bae Yong Jun.. hahax.. =P..

Let me give u a few comments tat I remembered ppl giving me over this attire:

".. Why today you look so handsome ah? So shuai?"

".. Last time you were so boy boy, now you are so man! You shld dress like this more often .."

".. When did you dye your hair? And your dressing like this looks good on you!"

".. (In mandarin) You look very good like that. You shld dress like tat more often"


Well.. for these positive comments, I can only thank my bro, Andrew, for being my fashion consultant! =).. If were not for him, I wld not look this good! Thanx bro! =).. And he was like showing off and telling everyone tat the top he chose for me one.. haix.. but never mind.. let him claim some credit.. but then again, if nice shirt, but no good *ahem* model (hint: the model referred here is the person who writes this blog!) to wear, then how can ppl say his taste good? =P

** Photo on right: Yu Sheng with abalone & salmon!

Well... this is a must-eat starter dish at every CNY reunion dinners.. and I muz say this is very nice!

And the waitress who served us were very helpful as well.. and they were very professional too! Before every ingredient being put into the yu sheng, they say some reallu auspicious words, which I koe its customary to do so, but some restaurants I patronise last time, dun practice this at all.. so ya.. =)..

The salmon was sliced perfectly, with NO fishy taste at all.. so ya.. =).. This is super yummy! But I only have a complaint.. not enough vegetables.. =)

** Photo on left: Po Choy vegetables with fatt choy, dried scallops and mushroom!

Not a bad dish, but then again, not enough vegetables as well! But the dried scallops were really yummy! =).. They were simply cooked to perfection; and they were cooked until it was springy in nature.. so ya.. =)

** Photo on right: Shark's Fin soup with crab meat and crab roe!

What can I say? This dish is superb; both in terms of taste and quality. The soup was very tasty, and for many Chinese out there, I'm sure all of us love shark's fin soup.. its considered a delicacy in Asia in the past centuries.. =).. so ya..

It was so good tat I actually had 2 bowls of the soup lohx.. wahahaha.. =)

** Photo on left: The dessert, Mango with Pomelo!

This is such a refreshing dessert, and it will remain always for my family at least..

The mango in there is really good.. and the pomelo is refreshing as well.. 1 bowl is not enuf actually.. we wld need more than 1 bowl.. but then to our disappointment, we are each entitled to only 1 bowl each.. so ya.. haix..

But after much discussion, my sis and my birthday is coming soon, and we've decided again to go there and eat to celebrate our birthday, somewhere nxt mth lohx.. so ya.. =)

Then after the dinner, it was time to go home.. and so we did, with our tummies all full and stuff.. we indeed had a very good CNY reunion dinner! =)

The First Day of CNY (Sunday, 18 Feb 2007)

Today is the first day of Chinese New Year.. and visitation to my mum's elder sis place is a must for my family at every 1st day of the Chinese New Year..

And I muz say its one of the most boring vistations at every CNY.. ya.. no doubt tat I go collect ang pows, but then I always find going there has no meaning.. My cousins at my mum's side, we seldom talk lahx, becos the age gap is quite big.. at least 5-6 yrs.. so ya.. my sis and I were the smallest in the family.. so now you say how old can my cousins get? so ya..

** Photo on right: My attire fashion for the day!

So anyway, initially I went out of the hse, I was feeling ok (be it my attire or hair)..
By the way, I spend abt 10 mins on my hair, and then can do this.. but this was not my best.. juz cant get it rite.. arghh..

After my family's visitation at my aunt's place, we proceeded to The Cathay and catch the movie, Protege (which is a good movie to catch.. had some really insightful information abt drug addicts.. so ya.. but lots of syringes being used in the show, so if you are like me who wld like whole body turn soft at the sight of blood or needles, then I suggest if you can, dun go watch.. so ya.. But if you are not afraid of anything, then go ahead.. it wld make your money worth every cent! Its been a while since I had watched a Mandarin film which is so meaningful.. so ya..)

** Photo on left: Me @ The Cathay! My most satisfied photo today!

Went to buy tickets, and realised tat there were lots of free time.. so cam-whore again.. hahax.. and managed to take this pic lahx.. nice rite =)

Then dun koe why, suddenly I had juz like a mood swing and felt moody.. I dun koe wat came into me, and I suddenly felt very moody.. at times grouchy..
I was not too sure whether its becos I was tired or wat.. I juz felt very lousy today.. I SMSed my bro, Andrew, today abt this feeling I had, but then though I vented to someone, it still didnt help..

Then my mum asked me wat I wanted to snack on during the movie screening, I looked ard and tot I dun want to eat so full, becos I had a very heavy and late lunch + all the snacking earlier at my aunty's hse.. so I told her said I dun want anything.. then she asked me wat drink I wanted.. then I said dun want as well, becos I was thinking to myself, "the next few days I'm gonna gouge myself with soft drinks, so I dun want to add more calories to myself".. so ya.. but my mum mistaken tat I was showing my temper (which I'm not obviously! I juz felt moody..).. Then she asked me whether izzit becos I wanted Starbucks, which she didnt got it for me earlier, and I said "no..", which she didnt like believe lahx..

But after much thinking, I decided to go for a healthier snack.. a honey lemon chicken sandwhich, which cost $4.50.. so ex lahx.. then I bought a drink, a Minute Maid Limeade.. so ya..

Then went in to watch the movie, and after it ended, I was feeling so full lahx.. And then I told my mum tat I didnt want to have anything tat is associated with bread for dinner, as I didnt want to see bread.. I had a craving for sushi.. Proceeded to the sushi counter at Carrefour, Plaza Singapura, but I didnt buy it in the end, becos its like not very nice and the serving is smaller.. so ya..

Then my mum wanted to eat BK and I obviously said no.. my mum was like very mad with me and she said I go settle my own dinner.. so in the end, I bought a 3 pc meal of KFC for dinner.. its been a while since I ate KFC.. 6 mths to be precise! I had not eaten KFC since NDP 2006 ended in Aug 2006.. so ya..

Came home by NEL train, and they reach home, bathe and eat my KFC.. and of course, I was so conscious of my weight, tat I actually peeled off the skin and then eat the meat.. so ya.. some of you may say wasted, but oh well.. this is me! =)

But I'm glad I didnt eat with skin, becos if I do, I would juz vomit or sumthing, becos it was very gelat.. I shld have taken 2 pcs instead of 3.. so ya.. haix.. a lesson learnt I suppose.. =)

After eating, I'm now blogging loh.. and its getting late, which means I have to sleep now, or else cannot go for another round of visitation, which wld be a LOT tml lohx.. so need lots of rest..

So its me signing off lahx.. good nite and sweet dreams! =)

Gong Xi Gong Xi,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: