"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Of good eating and shopping...

People, juz a twinkle of the eye, today is already the 3rd day of CNY! Tat's fast or wat.. ppl going to work tml and students going to school, but I'm at home relaxing.. =)..

Anyway, today did a few stuff with my parents.. went out to spend some family time lahx.. so ya.. Anyway as usual, I'm photo frenzy, and therefore took pics as well.. so ya.. =).. so enjoy lahx.. it maybe more pics than words.. so ya..

** Photo on right: Xin Wang Hong Kong Cafe Menu!

Well.. first stop, it was at the Hong Kong Cafe near Kovan for lunch.. my mum wanted to try the food there, so decided to go there lohx.. and when I first step in, I got so impressed with their menu covers, that I decided to be a photographer for the day, and juz try to take the perfect shot lohx.. =).. so there it is in the photo lohx!

** Photo on left: The all-time favourite, "Ice Ying Yang"!

Heard from all the people that I koe is tat, in Hong Kong Cafes, there is one thing that is a must-try, and that is the Ying Yang (which is a creative mix of tea and coffee).. so ya.. What I think is that its something interesting and you muz try.. and becos they serve it so 70's (they serve it in a metal cup), and therefore, how could I resist the moment, but take photos of it rite =)

** Photo on right: Mee Sua with black pepper beef!

Well.. this is a disappointment lahx, becos the beef is too tough and dry.. and the black pepper sauce is like too sweet for my liking.. so ya.. but one thing's of comfort though; I like the mee sua =)

** Photo on left: The dessert @ Azabu Sabo, "Mattcha Zen"!

Went shopping a while at Orchard to look for my top, and after which, I felt generous, and therefore gave my parents a treat at Azabu Sabo @ Marina Square..

This is the second time I went to eat at this restaurant liaox.. so ya.. anyway, this was the dessert that 3 of us shared.. so ya.. =).. Its Hokkaido green tea ice-cream, with small dumplings and red bean paste.. I tell you.. it was yummy.. you shld try it someday lahx =)

** Photo on right: My main course @ Azabu Sabo, Unagi Bento!

Well.. since I was in a Japanese restaurant, how cld I miss the unagi, since I've been craving it for weeks and not eaten any yet? so ya.. However, I was slightly disappointed with the unagi bento, becos its like not enuf Teriyaki sauce on the unagi and also the unagi is too soft.. not those elastic one which I like.. so ya.. the fishy taste was also very strong.. so ya.. haix.. but nevertheless, it was ok lahx.. =)

Oh.. then the blessing in disguise came.. The total bill came up to like $71.05 (after GST & service charge), but becos I used my UOB Debit and pay for the bill (which I didn't koe it has benefits!), I got 10% off the bill, and only pay $64.00.. so ya.. not bad huh.. =).. so it was indeed a blessing in disguise! =)

** Photo on left: New bought top from Zara, which costs $49.90!

Well.. as you koe, a metro me can never be contented with a few fashionable clothing I have.. so ya.. so I have decided to buy a new top to wear to my church's CNY service this coming Sat (24/2).. so ya.. Not bad rite..

It was a new arrival from Zara.. and ya.. becos I can carry off pink, and it matches my bottom (which is from Gap and its brownish in colour), I look perfectly ok and nice lahx.. =).. Ok.. I shall stop boasting.. =)

Ok lahx.. gtg and sleep liaox.. too tired already.. tml is another off day for me, but then again, its unpaid.. so ya.. =(.. but anyway, better than nothing wat.. go office also nothing to do, so muz why stay at home.. =)

Really got to run liaox..

Shopping and eating are my favourite pastimes,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: