"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Friday, February 23, 2007

IKEA rox!

Hi all! I've shacked after today's work, though there is nothing much to do at work.. In fact, I was finding things to do in office lahx, but to no avail lohx.. haix.. What I needed to do is all done within max, an hour loh! so ya..

The reason why I was shacked is becos I spend the whole afternoon yesterday doing up my room.. what it is you may wonder? Read on...

** Photo on left: My NEW workspace! Neat huh! =)

Yesterday morning, I had a crazy idea.. I told my parents tat I wanted to change the computer table, since the original table I had is like going to give way soon.. so ya..

I wanted to get the table like yesterday, becos its like if I dun get it yesterday, I dun have time liaox.. moreover, I dun koe how long my computer table can withstand the weight of my com.. so ya..

So went over to IKEA @ Alexander to shop for a table.. my dad followed to give some advice and also to provide some manpower in help to carry the stuff.. so ya..

IKEA was empty lahx, becos its a weekday.. so we actually had a lot of time to shop.. so ya.. and in a twinkle of an eye, I have shopped for close to an hour, before I decided on one, which you see in the picture lahx..

So ya.. and this table doesn't come cheap.. the table itself costs $199.. then I added another additional self which cost $50, and a halogen bulb worklamp, which costs me another $35.. then its my dad bought some other stuff as well.. so all in all, both of us spend $300.. which of course, by spending $300 or more, you wld automatically be entitled to join IKEA as a member.. so we did lah.. and its under my name.. so if you ever need an IKEA card for discounts or stuff, can ask from me.. I would be glad to lent it to you! =)

Frankly speaking, this is the first time tat I bought furniture from IKEA, and I tot the assembling of it would be easy enuf.. but never did I expect tat the assembling takes me and my dad 7 hrs.. we did from 1730-0030.. and you koe my character lah.. when I dun get something done, I won't have the appetite to eat.. so ya.. so yes.. I didnt eat my dinner until 0030.. I bathe, and by 0100, I went to sleep and woke up at 0600 on the same morning to go to work.. so now you koe why I was shacked.. =)

** Photo on right: A cute tissue box (which I can't bear to use) from my jie, Huimin! =)
[Huimin-jie, I'm the photo blogger.. so ya.. so you shld feel honoured huh!]..


But after seeing the finished work, I felt all worth it lah.. Then I started to plug back the wires and attaching back the various wires to the CPU.. so ya..

Then I went for a total revamption, in a sense I rearrange my placement of the various gadgets I have previously on the computer table.. so ya..

And tata.. it turned out to be like tat loh.. I koe its a bit messy, becos the wires are everywhere, but I cldnt help it.. I have no space liaox.. and I like my speakers to be at the top shelf, becos machiam like surround sound when on.. ha.. I'm not kidding! =)

Ok lah.. gtg and sleep liaox.. tml got to wake up like at 0530, becos tml muz reach work at 0700 instead of 0730, becos one of my senior staff is not back from malaysia yet.. so ya.. =)..

Got to go dreamland liaox..

I love my revamped workspace,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: