"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, February 25, 2007

More good food this weekend!

Well.. today went to work.. and as usual, I was bored at work.. so ya.. My section leader came 30 mins later, which fortunately I was there early (at 0700 of course) to help supervise.. so ya..

Then at abt 1000, my boss asked me whether I'm free at 1030 to go support the R&D dept in their yearly short presentation thingy.. I cannot also muz say ok rite.. becos its like ya.. I'm like looking forward to it.. but oh well.. its tat mixed feeling whether shld I go or not loh.. but I did in the end lahx, becos boss call leh.. how can I not go? Moreover, I dun have any excuse not to go rite.. haix..

So its like I tot it wld finish 1100, but I was wrong.. after the short presentation, there was the "lou hei" thingy.. so ya.. I juz love lou hei.. its so nice lahx.. I can 2-3 servings lahx.. hahax.. so anyway, I tried other new products too as well lahx, which I muz say some of it is quite nice.. but as to wat new products, I'm afraid I can't say, becos its confidential.. so ya.. so if you want to koe, look out for Marigold adverts ba! =).. be anticipated loh!

Then its me doning on my zara polo shirt and my gap pants, and went off to church.. Not very satisfied with my hair though.. juz cant seem to get it rite lahx.. so ya.. =(

Then church was slightly stressful, becos I had to like sing one song in parts! *yeeks* (I have not sing in such parts for like 5-6 yrs liaox.. so ya.. naturally wld be rusty!).. and when I tot tat ppl can't hear me (becos I'm on stage and can't hear myself at all), I got 1 person telling me tat I was off pitch and sang out of tune, becos they actually pipped up my volume for my part.. so I tell you.. its the most embarassing thing tat can happen to me lah.. a singer sang out of tune? I shld have jump to my death lah.. haix.. so disappointing lahx..

Church was over in a jiffy, and its proceeding to dinner at some zhi-char place in Bedok, recommended by aunty doris (alvin's mum, whose nickname is zhi-char agent, becos she koes where is the best zhi char in Singapore.. hahax.. way to go aunty doris!).. =P..

And guess wat.. becos yesterday was the 7th day of CNY, it was traditionally everyone's birthday according to the Chinese belief, and they actually call it, "ren ri".. so its on this day tat ppl eat another round of 'lou hei'.. and I think I'm very fortunate this year.. this 'lou hei' is my 5th round this year.. come on.. I'm waiting for juz 2 more 'lou hei' to make it the 7th round, which wld make it a perfect number to have.. hahax.. so any sponsors anyone? =)

Got a ride from Carlise in her car to get to tat zhi-char place.. and its like we youths occupy 1 whole table lahx.. so we are like see who cannot finish watever dish they have, they juz put it on our table, and in minutes, it wld be gone in minutes.. hahax.. we all have very high metabolic rate lahx..

** Photo on left: Hong Kong Cafe menu!

Anyway, becos its like we are travelling in the East, and I suddenly tot of like Tjow may go to the Hong Kong Cafe in East Coast, becos he said he wanted to go like a few mths back, but didnt have the chance too.. Becos you koe why? I also like want to go there too, since we are in the west liaox..

Then during the dinner, it was so so much fun making fun of rachel goh and tash.. haha.. they are the bimbotic twins.. =P.. Mok started it, then ryan join in the fun, then me.. ha.. the best part was tat there was this english parsley on a dish, and I pass it to tash, who pass it to rachel goh.. and ryan said to rachel tat she shld eat it becos its from her hometown.. hahax.. I tell you.. Mok and I was laughing until our stomach aches lah... then also during the dinner, Jon Gouw, Mok and me were like discussing SA (Saint Andrew's) stuff, and Mok was like reminiscing the bad "stunts" he did during his sec sch days.. apparently, he was very naughty in sec sch lahx.. How do I koe? Well, shall not say in this blog.. you have to ask me personally, and I would decide whether to tell you on a case-to-case basis.. so ya.. =)

Then near the end of the dinner, Tjow told Carlise that he felt like going to a place.. and before he could finish his sentence, I said, "Hong Kong Cafe @ East Coast".. and I was on bullseye! hahax.. well Tjow, wat cld I say, great minds think alike! =)

** Photo on right: My 'Bo Lo Bun' with Char Siew!

As I was feeling so full from all the dinner and food, I decide to have something light.. juz a 'bo lo' char siew bun and a yuan yang (which is a mix of coffee and tea, which I had last time..).. And I tell you. This is one of the best suppers I had lahx..

My verdict of this Hong Kong Cafe, definately MUCH better than wat I had at Kovan. so ya.. You shld go and try.. the food there is also nice.. Had a spoonful of my fave, Mango with Pomelo, and a piece of french toast with maple syrup and butter.. yummy! =) I wld want to eat this again lahx!

With this Hong Kong Cafe, I think its like I'm one of the most contented guy in the world, becos I wld think they provide one of the best supper stuff.. =).. I feel its even better than Roti Prata at West Coast.. hahax..

So went back to Valley Point to meet my parents.. then cabbed home.. bathe.. and then by 0100, I slept for the day.. super tired I tell you..

Then this morning woke up at 0630 to go driving.. and I tell you.. my driving skills still didnt improve.. I still can't keep to the center of the lane.. haix.. then today I learn how to drive sharp bend, and I tell you.. it was very stressful.. but wats comforting of all this, is tat I got the SAME instructor tat taught me my last lesson (which is the friendly malay instructor and didnt scold me a bit.. he juz laugh it off.. so ya..).. so in a way, I was quite fortunate lahx, becos I find him very good loh.. =).. He was very patient with me lahx.. =)

And everytime after it was the time for my instructor to take the wheels and when I got out of the car to go to the side seat, my legs would juz shiver lahx.. dun koe why.. muz be too tense.. even my instructor said I was too tense.. so ya.. guess I need to relax myself.. now, my gradual turns not so bad liaox.. its juz brushing up on my lane position, and my next lesson shld be learning to practice on sharp bends liaox.. juz hope I have the same instructor loh.. so ya.. see how lahx..

Ok lah.. gtg liaox.. gtg now to church for music practice and also a short music theory lesson, which I'm actually conducting it.. another stressful session..

Ok lah.. gtg liaox.. if I got time tonight, wld blog again.. so ya.. if not, it shld be tml lahx.. Ciaoz! =)

A stressful day,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: