"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Dilemma @ work..

Well.. today at work was ok.. except tat I had one very troublesome young stuff.. last time he was ok, and dun koe why, he starts to show some really bad attitude..

Told my boss abt it and advice him to speak to him, but then my boss say I shld be the one doing it and not him, as I was a supervisor.. so ya..

But the problem is tat I didnt want to do it, becos I feel I'm not in a good position to tell him off or juz talk to him abt his attitude.. If not handled properly, he wld show me attitude and not respect me at all.. so ya.. But if I dun tell anyone abt it or tell him, then he wld be worst which I foresee lahx..
Now you koe why I said I'm in a dilemma? haix..

In the end, I told my boss the problem, and he suggested me telling to the main man (which is my section leader of my dept) abt this guy's problem.. which I have been like finding the right opportunity, and today seemed to be the right time, becos its like he was discussing something alone with me in an enclosed room, so its like I felt tat it was a good time, and therefore, I told him abt the problem, and he said he would try to look into it, and see how things go.. so ya..

So ya.. was supposed to leave work like at 1800, but in the end, I had to leave office at 1930, becos there were last min stuff (eg: new calculations which make me all confused, and now I understand, but wonder whether my senior operator tml wld be able to understand.. so ya.. haix..)..

Then afternoon, my 2 China staff told me something which almost really brought me to tears.. They said tat out of all the staff they have interacted with in the company, they find me the best of all, becos I dun discriminate them.. I talk to them.. I care for them, etc... Unlike some of my other staff who will purposely discriminate them.. so ya.. then they told me they dun koe how to repay my kindness tat I showed them..
I told them no need.. becos this is my responsibility to show concern, not only to them, but to other "unpopular" staff as well lahx.. so ya..
But wat they told me tat I was the best among all, almost brought me to tears.. at least I have successfully managed to make them feel impt rather than discriminated by other ppl either verbally or physically or both.. so ya.. haix.. never did I expect such words coming out from my staff.. I tot I was not appreciated at all.. so ya..

Tml wld be another day where I wld "lose face" again, becos I counted the schedule, and I need 12 trolleys of small crates for next week production.. so ya.. so tml is impossible to take 12 trolleys.. so tml, I take 6 trolleys.. so at least, its able to help sustain till next tues.. so ya.. have high production next week.. so ya.. so juz hope the ppl there give me face once more, and let me take crates.. Praying hard lohx.. =)

Speaking of which, I have lost one good army friend of mine to Australia. Ya.. he is none other than my good buddy and former sgt in NS, Damien.. ya.. he is in Aussie studying, and guess wat.. I didnt even see him off at the airport, becos I was busy with work.. haix.. super sad lahx.. I didnt even meet up with him for a last time lahx.. haix.. really sad loh juz to think of it.. so ya..

I really cherish this friend of mine, becos he is one person in camp, who does not act like a sgt at all.. instead, he is like my good friend in camp lahx.. do you believe it? He actually provided a listening ear whenever I need someone to confine with (be it personal problems or some really bad camp problems, like problems with shiftmates, etc), as well as also very patient with me in whatever I do.. so ya..

Now he is gone liaox, and wld only be back in June.. haix.. He was so sweet in a way tat as he was about to depart Singapore on the plane, he sent me an SMS:
"Hey Abriel! I'm leaving Singapore now to go to Aussie. Chat online when you have the time ya! Bye"..
I tell you.. when I read tat msg, I was almost at the verge of tears.. super sianx.. dun talk abt him liaox, or else I would juz cry lahx.. so ya.. sorry for being so sentimental.. =(

Ok lah.. gtg and sleep liaox.. shacked.. tml is another long day at work.. sianx.. haix..

The work which took the toll out of me,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: