"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A tough day @ work

Well.. my title says it all.. Yes.. its not say my work is physically tough.. its juz tat its mentally tough.. here's a brief account of wat happens..

I got this staff whom I believe is in his 40s.. he is known to be the most crafty production worker in my section.. so ya.. he is famous for lazing ard and do nothing.. try to skip every difficult thing that comes his way.. in Mandarin, we call it "chi she" or "eat snake".. so ya..

And he has this very funny and irritable attitude.. When I want him to do OT, he pick and choose as to what he want to do.. If I dun give him OT, he would simply juz tell me off sarcastically, as in "why you give other ppl OT whilst you dun give me OT? The 8+pm OT you let the China staff do, whilst the 3-4pm OT you let me do"..

Well.. when he asked me that question, I got stunned for a while.. dun koe how to answer.. then I told him juz tat becos wat they are taking are the big crates (which last time need after 1930 then can take crates).. and now, we need small crates.. small crates you tell me go at 7-8pm where still have?".. then he juz kept his mouth shut..

I told my senior operator abt this, and he said, I shld like answer back.. dun scared of him.. but then again, if I answer back, I'm quite sure he wld not answer back to me, as in terms of position in office, I was much much bigger than him (dun get me wrong.. I'm NOT using my authority against him).. but then, by him not answering back has its cons too.. its like he wont cooperate with me in future, and things would be hard to do.. so ya..

Then today becos they finish their production early, I told tat particular staff abt my plans.. they punch 1600.. 1500 go downstairs to standby to take crate.. then I asked him "ok"? he never answer.. he juz kept doing his work.. He never answer, I take it as "ok" already.. I dun care whether he is angry or not.. I need to make a stand.. with this kind of ppl, I need to use such tactics.. no more soft tactics from me liaox.. I'm going to be tough now, esp. with him.. juz like my boss (as wat my senior operator told me.. my boss dared to ask him go back, and let others do OT.. so ya.. I have not confirm yet, so I dun dare to do such stuff.. moreover, my boss is manager liaox, so he naturally have the authority lahx..)

Then this staff ah, like to boast himself like nobody's business.. he wld brag abt himself and how long he work in the company, so he has the necessary experience and everyone would want to listen to him for advice..

Frankly speaking, my boss and my senior operator didnt like him too.. so ya..

So I told this matter to my boss, and he was very nice.. he listened to me, and juz kept quiet as well, becos I guessed he is also out of ideas as to how to solve the problem.. so ya.. but at least, I got a listening ear lahx.. so ya..

Whenever this staff is on MC or leave, my spirits at work would be especially high, becos I dun feel any stress at all.. =).. but ya.. I doubt he would be on MC or leave anything soon.. he wants to like do more overtime.. so my stand is this.. as far as possible, the more he want to do overtime, the more I dun give him.. I give to other ppl.. of course, would do this in a nice way, as if I was not bearing grudges against him, etc.. so ya..

Then today actually can leave office on the dot at 1600, but then, there was a lot of paperwork compiling stuff for me to finish as soon as possible, so I stayed till 1730 to finish.. so ya..
but halfway, I received a out-patient slip from my boss, to ask me to see my company's doctor on Friday to have a typhoid jab done.. and I was like, "ok.."
But in actual fact, I'm scared of it.. I have a fear of needles since young, so ah.. I dun koe whether I wld faint when I see the needle.. hahax.. ok.. I'm exaggerating.. but now as I write this blog, I have absolutely no fear.. guess the fear only comes on Friday itself when I walk towards the clinic.. so ya.. haix.. will see how lah..

Oopss.. its running late.. I need to sleep liaox! =).. Catch up with you peepz another day ya!

Work is stressful,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: