"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, January 25, 2007

A big brother @ work..

Yes.. the title of my blog says it all again.. I guess I'm more of big brother and friend to 2 of my workers from China, rather than their superior.

It all started this week, where I feel so much for my 2 China workers.. They have lent money from other ppl in China, and came to Singapore juz to work.. though they are younger than me like only 2 yrs, but I treated them as if they were my blood brothers.. I won't say I practice favouritism, but then, its really if they have told you their story and you have seen the plight of them being at my section, you would have pity them the same as me..

So ya.. too long story to blog abt.. but wat I can say is that I can see that they are somewhat bullied verbally, and they still can control!
Sometimes I really look at them and really envy them, becos they are able to control.. if for me, I think I would juz quit and stuff.. so ya.. so here's kudos to them lah!

So anyway, today one of my China stuff got a very deep cut due to carelessness on his part.. and yet he told me say nothing wrong.. juz a plaster would do.. I saw the wound and I was like feeling soft all over.. so I remembered the other day tat my boss told me there was a first aid box at my office.. so I was like put down my stuff and brought him to my office.. there, I applied some antiseptic cream for him and then put plaster.. told him tat he shld not touch water.. and if need to wash, wear gloves.. so ya..
So I volunteer to buy for him antiseptic cream.. so ya.. becos I asked him whether at his hostel whether he has any.. he replied no.. so ya.. becos ah, I koe.. muz appply antiseptic cream, or else, it wld take very long to heal.. and nxt wk, he is doing cooking.. so ya.. so very impt for his hand to be healed by then.. so ya.. its not expensive or anything like tat lahx, so I can still afford.. so ya.. I as his superior, muz take care of my staff's welfare mahx.. so ya.. =)

Then at nite after I left office, I went to NTUC to buy the antiseptic cream, as well as biscuits.. so ya.. then I passed by my hairstylist's shop.. I was like want to ask him the price for my hair (dye and/or highlight and cut).. but then I think a bit paiseh, so I gave it a pass..
A few steps later, I heard somebody calling me, "Bro!".. I got a shock of my life.. my hairstylist came out of his shop and then asked me when I'm going to let him cut my hair and dye etc.. so ya.. talking abt someone who koes how to do business. hahax.. but anyway, I had intentions of letting him do my hair already lah.. so ya..
and he said everything in, he charged me $68.. so I was like thinking to myself that its quite cheap compared to what he told me.. so ya.. =).. juz hope its really $68 loh.. no higher prices than this =)

Then came home, had macaroni soup for dinner.. it was delicious lahx! =).. Then watch a bit of TV, before I blog this blogpost loh.. =)..

Ok.. gtg and sleep liaox..

Oh.. a new guy who is supposed to report to work today in my dept but didn't turn up, is coming tml because he had a valid reason.. I called up my HR asst. this morning to find out whether he come or not, but to my surprise, before I cld say anything, my HR asst. knew what I wanted to ask.. so ya.. =)She told me she cld not get hold of him.. but then minutes later, she called me back again, and told me the reason why the new guy didn't report to work today.. so ya.. I discussed with my boss and agreed to the new guy's request of reporting work tml.. so ya.. so I shall see how whether he report to work or not loh.. =).. but of course I hope he comes to work lohx.. =)

Ok.. gtg liaox.. too shack.. wanna sleep.. and man oh man.. injection tml.. haix.. dun koe whether can I survive the shock tat I'm getting.. hahax.. will try to blog tml, provided my hand is not pain.. so ya.. =)

Good nite peepx.. I've got to make my exit out of cyberspace now..

I'm afraid of injections,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: