"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Saturday, January 13, 2007

My first worship leading experience @ GJ

Well.. this shld be an interesting post, as I have not like lead worship officially in church for abt 2 yrs liaox (becos in NS mahx..).. read more to find out..

Today at work was so so.. and it was like once in a blue moon tat I became the IT guy at work, becos I was meddling with the computers (program installations and move CPUs, etc) like 1/4 of my time at work.. so ya..

Then as usual, I leave office at 1130 and I everytime feel so paiseh.. becos its always me leaving office first lah.. so ya..

Then its coming home and eat lots of strepsils (becos leading worship later in the afternoon mahx)..

Bathe and then go to church [got a ride from Carlise.. thanx =)]

Then when at church, practice the worship set with Andrew and Carlise.. Had a new worship flow, so told them abt it..

Then worship started.. I dun koe why, but at first, I cldn't like concentrate, but as the worship goes on when I was leading whilst playing the piano and leading, I began to concentrate more.. so ya.. Thank God..

As the worship goes on, I suddenly felt very warm and hot at some pt of worship.. it was encouraging to see so many of the youths worship whilst I was leading the slow songs.. Then, it came to the closing song, where I was like leading my speciality song, "Making A Difference".. and when it came to the bridge, I was harmonising like so nice lah.. In fact, I felt I was not singing like JJ.. it was more like Hong Junyang.. but anyway, tats not the pt.. The pt is tat I really like my harmonising part of the bridge of the song.. so ya.. even I got good comments from Han Loong tat my harmonising for the bridge was good.. Thanx buddy =)

My bro, Andrew, also gave me good comments abt today's worship.. he told me tat it was really good and he can really go into worship and play his drums with his eyes closed and really worship.. so ya.. Good to hear tat bro! =)
Oh.. saying abt Andrew, he is really good man.. he and me can really click.. he simply koe when I come in and stuff.. so ya.. =).. we are brothers mahx.. wat u expect.. hahax.. =P

But overall, you may think tat my worship today was a near perfect one, becos lots of ppl worshipping their heart and souls out, and then, got a lot of good comments rite? But you are all wrong.. in fact, I felt disappointed (not really disappointed, but there is a slight disappointment!).. Now you all may wonder why?

This is becos prior to today's worship, I set a very high standard for myself.. I somewhat expect that today's worship to be Spirit-led, but the sad truth is tat I didn't.. I realise I was like "on my own", which shld not be the way lah.. Yes.. No doubt tat at some parts of the worship, I was like "giving my all to Him, and I felt Spirit-led", but then, wat I expect is not juz a bit, but I want to be spirit-lef throughout the worship set.. becos the songs are very ya koe, easy to be spirit-led, but then it didnt happen.. and becos of this, I felt very disappointed with myself.. I juz felt I didn't perform my duty as a worship leader well enuf.. haix.. Am I going to be like tat everytime I lead worship in the future, or wld it be something different each time I led? I dun koe lah.. it all depends..
I of course felt quite lousy after the worship ended.. I felt myself didnt do well as a worship leader.. managed to bring the people into worship, but I myself was not "into it".. haix.. I dun koe whether its becos I cared too much abt the technicalities of the worship (eg: what to say and when, etc.. which of course I had it scripted out!.. so ya..).. I dun koe lah.. I juz felt disappointed loh, despite the good comments from other ppl.. Guess I set either too high standard for myself or I simply a perfectionist.. =(

And now, I'm beginning to decipher the dream which I had abt 5-6 yrs back, and I got the SAME dream twice in a period of 3 yrs!.. so ya.. and until today, I can remember the dream so clearly, tat I can have tat image painted in my mind everytime I said it.. so here it is.. a brief picture in ur mind (in words of course.. try to visualise)..

It was a dark cold night, as it was still winter but there was no snow flakes.. its juz tat the waters were all frozen, and it looks like a hige ice-skating ring..
There were some houses with lights on, but there was not many.. so ya.. its only 30% light and 70% darkness..
Then I was on this "huge ice-skating ring".. juz enjoying the quietness of the nite, then suddenly, a beam of light juz shone in front of me, and snowflakes fall from the beam of light.. the weird thing is tat its only in the beam tat is snowing.. the rest of the place is NOT snowing..
I looked at the beam of light and marvelled at it.. and believe it or not, tats the end of my dream.. and this appeared twice ok..

My dad last time had asked my church elders to decipher it, but they dun koe.. my mum told me tat God maybe trying to speak to me in tat dream.. since it came twice, it wld come a third time, and when its the third time, God will do something.. so ya.. 2 yrs passed and I have been waiting anxiously for the dream to appear again, but it didn't.. so ya..

So now my guess (for tat dream tat God may want to speak to me something) is tat since I have to ability to play the piano and lead worship, God may want me to expand the talent tat he has given me, and be a worship leader in church.. NOt juz a normal worship leader, but an extraordinary one (ie, being Spirit-led at every worship).. so ya.. That is my guess.. I dun koe.. so ya..

But anyway, it cld be only my wild guess lah.. when the dream comes back, I will tell you all readers ok.. juz stay tuned =)..

Ok.. enuf abt the sad part.. now for the happy part..

I think Tjow and me had this food chemistry lah.. He SMSed me juz before service ended, as to where to go for dinner.. but I didnt see the SMS.. and when he told me he sent me an SMS, I immediately think tat he want to ask me where to go and eat dinner.. Then the tot of Vivocity's Food Republic Beef Hor Fun juz came to mind.. and when I saw the SMS, I saw the four letter word, "LGTV".. which is a common lingo between tjow and I (the lingo I came out one ok..).. oh.. btw, LGTV stands for Let's Go To Vivo. so ya..

After service, I told him I was thinking of eating beef hor fun for dinner.. and he told me tat when he wrote the SMS, he was also thinking of the beef hor fun in vivo.. so ya.. so you see.. there is food chemistry between both of us.. hahax.. =)

Then when at Food Republic, ate the beef hor fun, and then of course, I cldnt resist the chicken wings (though I had sore throat), so I bought.. but in the end, I only ate 2 drumlets and a wing.. the other 2 wings and another drumlet, I gave to my bros (Ashley, Nat and Andrew).. so ya..
Then how cld I forget my fav dessert at Food Republic? It is the "Ice Mango with Pomelo".. so ya.. it totally rox lah.. even got good comments from the ppl who ate it (namely, carlise, tjow, xinyi and nat).. so ya.. its a must- have in Food Republic for me lah.. so ya.. The serving of Pomelo fruit onto the dessert was also very generous and tats wat I like (of course, I asked whether there was any other pomelo fruit before I ordered.. so ya..).. so refreshing..

Then after dinner, had my weekly dose of Starbucks (its like every week I drink at least 1 time of Starbucks.. hahax..).. I got quite "sick" of "Java Chip Frap." liaox, and I decided to have a ice vanilla latte.. I think the person forgot to make one for me.. so I like asked, and he gave me my order with apologies of course.. so ya..

Then when I drank it, it doesnt have a lot of vanilla taste, so I tot there is no vanilla.. but apparently, it has, but not strong enuf.. so I went back to the counter and they told me they added already, but they asked me whether do I need more shots of vanilla syrup.. I said "ok" and I was like prepared to pay, but the ppl there didnt ask payment from me.. so ya.. instead, they gave me advice when I order my next vanilla latte.. so ya.. good service they provide huh =)

Then had a little chat and all, and then bought back some patries and cakes for my mom (from Starbucks of course)..

And then bathe, and now writing this blog loh.. oh my goodness.. I spend abt 1.5 hrs on this blog.. haix..

Ok.. gtg liaox.. time check, 0130 hrs liaox.. time to sleep.. tml got to go for another worship practice.. juz hope I can sing tml loh, becos my sore throat has gotten worse now was I blog.. haix..
Saying of my sore throat, I wish to thank my bro, Andrew, to pray for me.. I had a very strong feeling in the morning tat the sore throat I'm suffering, is becos of spiritual warfare (becos I'm leading worship today mahx).. so ya.. it cld well be.. but then God is greater! He healed me during the service (at least I cld sing loh! hahax..).. so ya.. Thank God.. so ya..

Now I'm feeling terrible.. my throat is getting really sore.. its juz the starting part to become worse.. so ya.. haix..

Ok.. gtg liaox.. cya ppl another day?

Will blog tml if I have the time..

Sick fellow,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: