"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, January 14, 2007

A day out with family..

Woke up this morning at 1005.. haha.. I "lai chuang".. hahax.. but I slept like at 0130 this morning.. so ya.. =)

Woke up had brunch (breakfast + lunch), and then surf online for a while, before bathing and going to church for music practice.. so ya.. was suppose to meet my bro, Andrew, at BK before we go to church, but then he was late, becos of the rain and all.. so ya..

And after bathing, I realise I had only like 30 mins before the start of the practice, and the music practice muz end an hour later, becos there is a church committee meeting going on.. so ya.. So I had no choice but to take cab which costs me $8.30! ya.. no choice.. had to spend this money..

The music practice was good.. as usual, Andrew and me clicked well.. he did came in when he needed to.. so ya.. good job bro! =)

Then, I was supposed today to juz like go out with my bro, Andrew.. juz spend some quality brotherhood time together and stuff.. but then, last min, my parents had wanna spend time with me as well.. so being the filial son, I had no choice but to agree lah.. Then I felt so bad to like turn down Andrew's request, becos its like I agreed to go out with him today.. so ya.. but dun worry bro.. Next week I go out with you ya! =)

So today was family time lah.. went round to window shop.. look at stuff that I can buy for my CNY clothing.. so ya.. and I actually told my mum tat I wld do my CNY fashion with my bro, Andrew, becos he is like my official fashion consultant liaox! =).. so bro, live up to your name ya! I'm trusting my fashion for CNY 2007 to ya! =)

Guess I wld be doing my CNY fashion shopping in installments.. I wld start next wk lah.. Next Sun, I wld start to buy my shoes.. I'm eyeing for a brown Adidas shoe.. so ya.. saw one @ Heeren.. $99.. nice and quite reasonable.. but I'm sure there is more range than wat I saw at Heeren.. plan to go to The Cathay or Vivocity to see the full range, as the stalls are bigger.. so ya.. I'm keeping my urge for a week.. and ha.. my shopping prowress would be unleashed next Sunday.. hahax.. =P

Had dinner at Heeren (the wontan mee as usual).. brought my parents there, but then they say so so only.. haix.. but nvm.. I get to eat my wontan mee can liaox.. I was also craving for unagi! hahax.. but didnt satisfy tat craving.. so maybe next Sunday, I'll go for unagi! hahax.. Bro, you on? =)

Hahax.. wait a minute.. doesnt this like I plan for wat I want to do next Sunday? =).. the agenda is done... its juz waiting for me to unfold the agenda.. so ya.

Oh.. bought a chocolate brown lycra T-shirt from Giordano @ Taka today.. so ya.. got it at 10% discount, becos I member mahx.. =).. not bad I muz say.. wanted to get last week, but had second thoughts.. so this wk, I went to buy it.. so ya.. wear a "M" size.. wanted to get 1 size bigger, but dun have liaox.. so I bought a "M" loh.. it fits me to a T.. so not bad after all lah..

Then I was seeing some phones @ M1 shop.. my trade-in value for my current phone is @ $200 and my contract is expiring in Mar 2007.. so ya.. like tat then I can upgrade.. so ya.. after much discussion from Carlise yesterday at church, I decided to get Sony Ericsson phones, as I dun like the Symbian operating system technology of Nokia (which all phones came in liaox.. I wanted to get N73, but then I heard it was Symbian technology.. so ya.. wont be getting tat lah!).. and I did consider Samsung, but then feedback from ppl is that the battery life is really short.. so ya.. So I had not much of a choice but to get Sony Ericsson, but then I juz have to get use to the SMS-ing and all.. so ya..
After seeing so many models of Sony Ericsson phones, I decided to either get the W810 Walkman phone (non-slide) or the newest W850i Walkman phone (sliding phone).. so ya.. will wait till March to see how lah.. maybe the price of the phone would drop further lah.. so ya.. juz have to wait loh! =)

Ok lah.. my eyes are full of stuff today... gadgets and clothing and all.. eyes tired now.. this whole week at work would confirm come home late from work, becos its high production week, as there are exports for next week.. so ya.. whenever there are exports, such things happen.. so ya.. Though I very much dun like to work overtime, but I had no choice lah..

And I have also one pending case of confirmation/termination of one of my probation staff.. I would decide by the end of this week, based on his performance this coming week.. if he met my expectation, I would confirm him.. if not, then sorry.. he got to go.. so ya.. he is quite problematic.. but recently, he changed for the better.. dun koe whether this wld continue.. will juz have to see lah..
But I have a problem.. if I decide not to keep him, I dun koe how to break the news to him.. I'm serious.. I dun want to appear such a cruel superior to him.. haix.. so ya.. so sometimes becos I want to avoid all these, I juz like wanna keep him.. but then again, if I keep him, it would be a burden to me, becos I have to be like a hawk to keep a watch on him the whole time he is working, and I simply dun have time to do such things..
Then another problem is tat one of my confirmed staff has juz recently moved house, and this is the 3rd time in the month that he came slightly later than wat he is supposed to.. He was not late by company standards, but he was late in my boss standards.. so ya.. so temporaily, I decide not to mention such things to my boss unless he asked me.. or else, I would juz keep quiet.. I warned that staff that no guarantee I can cover up for him, becos if my boss asked, I have to tell him what happen.. so ya.. so I told him that if he keeps doing it again and again, I can't help him anymore, but by putting "late" on his time-card, which wont be good lah.. becos his pay maybe deducted by the company.. so ya..
Then, another problem is tat my section is lacking of 1 production worker, and until today, there is no replacement for the guy who resigned last mth.. so ya.. so its like as long as I have no replacement, I had to be down on the production floor doing the job rather than supervising.. so ya.. its tiring ya koe.. haix..
Guess these are the stresses of my worklife lah..

Ok lah.. its getting late.. its 2330 already.. need to sleep liaox.. waking up at 0545 tml for work.. juz hope everything goes on smoothly this week!
Cya ppl soon ya! =)

Got to catch some winks,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: