"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The day after Year 2007 started!!

Its the day after the new year, and its a public holiday.. so here am I blogging away. becos need to catch up with all the old posts and stuff.. so ya.. uploaded the photos for the various events last year.. here are the photos uploaded.. view them at the Photo Gallery > Church Events (HCC/OCC/GJ)>

- GJ Youth Camp 2006 (17/11/06) Day 1 Photos
- OCC Christmas Service (23/12/06) Photos
- GJ Official Christmas Countdown @ the Moks (24/12/06) Photos
- New Year 2007 (31/12/06) Photos

Well.. the above photos are for your viewing pleasure!

So morning was staying at home to juz surf the net and then watch my "piled up" video-taped shows.. so ya..

After such a whole mth of slogging it out for the ending mths of Year 2006, I finally indulged into some retaiul therapy! It was really shiok I tell you.. See the photo below for the picture of my "catch of the day"..

Some indulgence into retail therapy!!

Believe it or not.. this whole pile of stuff you see in the photo costs me $431.65!! *gulpz*.. how fast I spend my money huh.. hahax.. here is the breakdown..

- JJ Lin's World Tour DVD+CD (Bought from HMV @ $25.95)

- Uriage Facial Care For Men (Mosturiser, facial spray & facial wash) (Bought from Watsons @ 20% discount @ $53.80)

- Levi's spectacles (Bought from YES! Eyewear @ $230 after a 30% discount from the operations manager. Usual price was $328.)

- Norton Internet Security 2007 (Upgrade Version), TDK 25pc DVD-R & HP 50 pcs CD-R (Bought from Challenger @ $121.90)

So ya.. that is my expenditure for today loh.. I today spend until I'm scared man.. but then again, I'm gonna spend on buying some t-shirts this Sunday (becos maybe going out with Andrew or sumthing after worship practice on Sunday.. parents go wedding dinner, so ya..).. depends whether I can find wat I like lah! =)

Then also, I need to set aside money to buy my 512mb RAM for abt $100.. so ya.. really spend a lot this mth.. haix.. =(.. but spend money very shiok leh! I feel so patriotic, becos I'm contributing my bit into the economy! wahaha.. =P..

Then dinner was very good.. met up with Aunty Agnes @ Suntec for dinner.. we went to have a ala carte Chinese buffet at the Pearl River Palace @ Suntec.. I tell you the money we paid was worth it.. $32.80+++.. We had a lot of delicacies.. this is the first time in my whole life tat I ate so many fresh scallops.. so ya.. yummy!

Then each of us had a complimentary bowl of "Mini Buddha Jump Over The Wall", a serving of "Drunken Prawns" and 2 pcs "Beijing Duck".. very nice I tell ya =).. It was worth every cent tat we paid lah! =).. So this is another location for buffets instead of everytime Kuishinbo.. hahax.. the ambience is also good..
I like the desserts there too.. "Durian Pudding (there is real durian flesh inside ok!!)" and the "Chilled Mango Juice with Pomelo" is to die for.. really shiok!!

Then guess wat.. Becos of the good food and service they provide, my family is gonna have our CNY 2007 reunion dinner at Pearl River Palace Rest. at Suntec.. though the price is steep, but we have seen the set menu, and we think its appropriate tat the price we pay matches wat we eat..
Have been searching for dinner places for reunion dinner, but then to no avail, becos the other restaurants require at least 10 pax for dinner.. so ya.. my family only got 4 ppl, where to find 10 pax? hahax.. so ya..
This Pearl River Palace Rest. for reunion dinner is like we juz like so happen to juz ask and enquire only, becos the previous day, my mum and I were cracking our head as to where to eat for our reunion dinner this year.. You may wonder why I was cracking my head for dinner places? This is becos I also had a part to play in the paying for the reunion dinner as well.. so ya.. now you koe why huh! =)
By the way, the restaurant serves Cantonese Cuisine and I muz say its of some standard.. not so salty.. in fact, some of the dishes even has the "Healthy Sign" on it.. so you see, the dishes are healthy lah! =)..

Ok lah.. had a really hearty dinner.. never did I have such a hearty dinner for such a long time liaox.. so ya..

Ok lah.. gtg and sleep liaox.. tml need to work.. sianx.. but to look on the bright side, its already midweek tml! =).. hahax.. and this wk, I dun foresee myself working overtime.. ha.. unless I need to do a bit of computer stuff.. so ya.. =)

Its getting late! Got to run ppl.. hope to cya tml online! =)

Its been a while since I had such a happy day,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: