"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Monday, January 01, 2007

A great start to the new year!!

Well.. the past few days (or shld I say the ending days of Year 2006) has been hectic! I was so busy with the stock-taking happening juz the end of last yr (31/12/06), that juz 2 days before the stocktake, I left office at abt 2230-2300.. totally tiring.. then wats worst is that the next day I need to go back to work.. so ya.. so you can imagine how fatigue I felt lah!!

Anyway, shall blog only selective events, becos there is like so much to blog abt.. so ya.. not possible for me to give u every detail, becos if not, tonite I dun need to sleep liaox.. so ya.. hope ya all dun mind ya.. if you want to koe, juz ask me and I tell you loh.. =)

So here goes..

30/12/06 (Saturday)

For the FIRST time of my working in Marigold, I actually worked till like 1430 on Saturday! And you muz koe wat izzit for lah.. of course its for the annual stocktake.. haix..

Just as I was about to like finish up already (I tot juz group it and then do the counting on the actual stock-take day itself, my boss told me I have to like pre-count and paste a paper there, so tat on the stock take day, dun need to like count so jialat.. I was like "now then you tell me".. haix.. but wat to do? Boss instruction have to follow lah..

So by the time I'm done, its like 1430 and I quickly rush home to eat a quick lunch before going to church.. Was supposed to sing for service as back-up, but then, haix.. too late liaox.. no pt sia..

Then the shocking thing came.. My buddy in church, Alvin, asked me whether I could serve in the area of publicity once more for Youth Camp 2007 and I was like "ok, but why so kiasu? Is like its over not very long time ago, and now its the new one? Doesn't tat sounds so much like NDP? hahax..).. well, guess planning ahead helps me as well, since I'm always busy at work.. hahax.. =)

Then after the service, went to have dinner at a nearby coffeeshop, followed by going to Liat Towers for Starbucks.. Starbucks was ok, except a disappointment in the tiramisu which I ordered.. it was horrible.. haix.. wasted my $5.90.. sianx.. but oh well.. Then after tat, went with ash and joshua to Zara to go check out the sale, but then it was disappointing though, becos its all winter clothes.. long sleeves and all.. haix.. I wanna change or add additions to my wardrobe liaox also cannot.. haix.. =(

Went back by bus after tat loh...

31/12/06 (Sunday)

The morning was super hard to get up, becos its like really tired after a period, and now I have to wake up early (you all muz be wondering why I wake up so early? This is becos on this day, I got stocktake mahx..).. haix.. sianx..

So ya.. woke up like 0630, then change and bathe and eat my breakfast, and by the time I'm done, its like 0735.. left hse and reach office at 0800.. went downstairs to the production floor to settle some admin stuff for my workers.. then by the time I'm done, its like 0830 liaox..

Quickly took my gloves and my coldroom jacket to go to the designated place for a briefing.. The briefing didnt start until 0850.. original is 0830.. haix..

After the briefing, it was 0900 and we started the stocktake.. And man.. My team members (including me) were first-timers in stocktaking.. so ya.. haix.. so we juz did wat we koe for 2 hrs ok!!

Then the accountant has to go back to office to report back the figures whilst I go back office and summarise my figures as well..

My company has somewhat booked a buffet for all the people coming back for stocktake.. so ya.. ate tat for lunch.. it was nothing expensive, but at least better than nothing loh.. =)

Then when I was abt to finish my summarising, I got a call from my accounting team member, and he said we need to recount becos all doesn't tally.. so ya..

So we counted again, and the numbers were perfect (as we counted previously!).. so ya.. so he had no choice but to report back the same figure!

Then its going back to my work.. and I received a call abt 30 mins after tat, to go sign the counting papers.. so this means I can go home liaox..

But then I was wrong.. when I finished signing, the head accountant called me to help count 2 products and I tell you, it was chaotic.. becos its like so many lahx.. haix..

** Photo on left: The group of us having dinner at Fish & Co, Glass House. Don't we look like family?=)... awww...

So by the time I'm done, its like abt 1800.. and guess wat.. I got a dinner appt with ash, nat, andrew, tash, rachel, alvin, jon and joshua at Fish N Co, Glass House.. so ya.. haix..

So I came home by cab (no choice), bathe and rush out of the hse.. Reach there about 20 minutes late.. so ya..

When we are at Fish n Co, they told us no a la carte menu.. only can have the festive set menu which cost $25++ per person.. so ya..

** Photo on left: My brother, Andrew, and me!! =).. Note: he is NOT bald! hahax.. he juz so happen to comb his hair like tat! =P

The food was not bad lah, but the fellowship is better.. what a better way to spend New Year's Eve with friends! =)

** Photo on right: The fireworks for the night, taken by Alvin (aka the self-taught professional photographer! I can't take such professional pics lah! This is one of the nicer ones.. of course, my favourite fireworks display is the golden shower! =)

After which, we walked down to Esplanade to catch the fireworks.. it's a yearly thing lah.. We were supposed to go to the Benjamin Sheares bridge and we actually found a nice spot, but then it was drizzling.. so we decide to like juz give up the idea of staying on the bridge, or else if it rains heavier, it wld be a mad rush to get off the bridge.. so ya..

** Photo on left: Amidst me feeling sleepy, still manage to have some alertness to take a photo.. hahax.. all thanx to the "flashing" game they played.. I tell ya.. its like cameras keep flashing out of no where lah! gosh..

Tats what we did and we found a nice spot to see the fireworks at the bottom of the bridge.. so ya..

And guess wat.. whilst waiting for midnight to arrive, I was sleeping lahx.. ha.. too tired.. Then just as the clock strikes 12, my bro, Andrew, woke me up.. And then I was up and about liaox! Suddenly became hyper.. hahax..

Then its like we wanted to meet someone at Starbucks, Raffles City.. we found a seat liaox, but guess wat.. juz as we are abt to order, they told us tat they have no more ice.. I was like "huh.. ok loh!".. disappointed we all left, then we decide to walk down to a not so crowded place to go home by cab..

** Photo on right: Don't we look like some band huh! I think we can all record a song, and send this photo for a cover shot! Hahax.. sure sell a lot of money.. hahax.. =P.. dun you all think so?

Then we walked down and soon, we reached a newly-built tunnel (similar to the CTE) but a short one though, which actually took the site of the former National Library.. so ya..

** Photo on left: This is the lamest pic of the nite I tell ya.. and its by the Gouws! Gosh.. look how stupid and lame can they get! All jap anime inspired.. hahax.. And believe you me.. until now, when I see this pic, it still gives me the laughs.. hahax..

And man.. we took a lot of photos as well as lame videos.. so ya.. it was so fun lah.. This video taking and photos actually save the nite lahx, becos the countdown was a bit sianx.. so ya.. it is such a refreshing idea lah!

Speaking of videos, here is one video which is a must watch! We took it at the tunnel.. this is like the tokyo drift inspired video (all thanx to Nat!).. hahax.. so ya.. here it is.. FYI: This video was taken at 0230!! so ya.. tat explains our lameless.. ha.. without much further a do, here it is:



Then went back to Ash's hse to sleepover.. so ya.. so shacked man.. I slept at a record time of 0400 and woke up only at 1130.. I was the earliest to sleep and the latest to wake up.. hahax.. imagine how tired am I huh!! =P

01/01/07 (Monday)

Came back from Ash hse at abt 1500, and then started this blogpost loh.. been carrying forward and all..

My family actually had intentions to go out, but then its like cannot make it liaox.. all too tired.. so ya.. so we stayed home.. dinner was me and my mum go to chomp chomp and buy dinner.. it was really a sinful food dinner.. hahax..

Then I actually wanna upgrade my RAM.. cannot make it.. some files is really like cannot play lah.. so gonna upgrade my RAM by 512mb, so tat my com becomes 1GB in ram! =).. so ya..

So ya.. Year 2006 has been an eventful one.. juz thinking back, it likes there were lots of memories.. NS, friends, and many others! Thank you all people out there for making my Year 2006 such an memorable and eventful one!
Juz thinking back of all the memories, juz wanna make me cry.. there were simply too many good memories of me to juz state here.. but I would say that my NS year in 2006 was the most memorable lah.. so ya.. thank you guys! =)

So well.. the old year has gone and the new year has gone.. and every year, I always make resolutions.. some wld be fulfilled, whilst some don't.. so ya.. anyway, here are my resolutions.. hope I can fulfill them loh..! =)

Resolutions for Year 2007:

- Work out on a more regular exercise (at least continue to jog for 30mins+ on Sundays)

- Get my Class 3 driving license (you would be glad to koe that the plan is underway!)

- Hope to find that special someone (oh well.. this maybe a wish and not a resolution, but if it comes, it comes lah!)

- Determine to do something to my face (as in remove the dry pink patches on my face, becos its like spoiling my face lah!)

- Upgrade my piano playing skills or should I say try different styles of playing for worship songs in church

- A slight change to my wardrobe.. if can't change, then additions loh.. hahax..

Ok lah.. gtg liaox.. too tired.. nitex ppl!

Happy New Year 2007!!

With lots of love,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: