"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, January 21, 2007

CNY 2007 fashion (Part 2) completed!

Well.. this weekend is simply awesome lah.. church and some quality brotherhood time.. what cld be better than tat rite =).. anyway, read on.. =)

Yesterday at church was all right.. the sermon was on anger management.. so ya.. it somewhat spoke to me, especially since I've been feeling angry with my boss @ work at times lah.. so ya.. Thank God for it =)..

Then last nite, went to Vivo's Food Republic for dinner AGAIN! Tjow asked me after service where to go for dinner, and I replied, I didnt koe.. and he said, he crave for the beef hor fun @ vivo.. so I was like vivo again? can't think of any better suggestion, so juz agreed loh..

Then took bus no. 80 with some of the youths to Vivo.. and I tell you.. once you miss one bus, it takes at least 30 mins for the bus to arrive! Yes! Its tat long! so ya.. super low frequency lah.. haix..

Went to food republic.. decided to try something else.. ate the Yong Tau Foo from "Ah Keong Fishball".. and I tell you, I got a shock at the amt I had to pay! $9.00 for yong tau foo ok! *gulpz*.. and its not say very nice also lah.. the yong tau foo alone juz costs me $5.80, and mind you.. its less than 7 items.. each item is close to a dollar lah.. then the additional $3.20 comes from the prawn fish cake tat I ordered..
The reason why I ordered so expensive is becos there were no specific instructions as to how much is each item or is there a minimum order.. so ya.. super ex I tell you.. This wld be my first and the last time to eat it lah.. super ex.. arghh... its not say very nice also lah.. If I knew it, I wld have the beef hor fun in the first place.. so ya.. haix..

Then as per SOP (Standard Operating Procedure), we went to Starbucks.. had my iced vanilla latte, customised of course (Grande size, Low Fat Milk, 6 shots of vanilla syrup).. Hahax.. had a mouthful when I ordered though.. hahax.. but my drink turn out perfect =).. a little too sweet but nice =).. tjow drank and he was like, "so bitter".. hahax.. but tat is the drink mah.. there is expresso in it.. so ya.. hahax..

Then went home in Carlise car.. By the time I sleep, its like already 0015!..

And you think it stopped there? You are wrong.. I woke up at 0700 this morning, to go to my pastor's hse for a church leaders/servant's retreat.. it started at 0900 ok, and it didnt end till 1230.. so ya..

After which, went to Maxwell market with enoch and carlise to have lunch before we start our worship practice at church.. so ya..
I didnt what to eat.. until I saw 2 long queues.. and I tot it muz be nice.. so I chose to eat porridge over some fried fish beehoon.. so ya.. Queued 15-20 mins for the food loh.. and man.. I didnt regret.. it was good, but I think I ordered too much liaox, becos I ordered the biggest bowl (which is a mere $3).. so ya.. Of course, I ordered my fave, Century Egg Porridge (yummy!).. and there is this very special dish, the yu sheng.. ordered $3 to share with enoch and carlise, but in the end, I ate the most, becos they are like not keen to eat it.. I eat until I gave up ok.. too much fish already.. so ya..

And believe it or not, my stomach remained full even till dinner time, and tat was like at 1800! I finished my lunch at 1430.. so ya..

** Photo on left: Adidas shoes for CNY 2007 ("Italia 74" Edition- $119) and NUM flip-flops for my normal wear to work, etc ($39.90). Realised they are all brown? hahax.. =P

After practice, my bro, Andrew and I took a train down to Dhoby Ghaut, and he, as my "fashion consultant", went to Adidas @ The Cathay, to get my shoes for CNY 2007! My agenda today was to buy shoes lah, and I managed to get it =).. Thanx bro!
I tell you.. my bro's fashion sense is so good tat the shoe he chose for me, the Adidas salesperson (who served me) also agreed with him lahx! =).. so ya.. my fellow brother and shopping kakki is good man! Thanx once again bro! =)

Then we had a headache.. eat wat for dinner.. so in the end, after much discussion, we settle for foodcourt at Cineleisure..

After I walked one round, I finally agreed and ate my SOP @ foodcourt, Yong Tau Foo.. it was ok lah.. except tat everytime after I eat almost half, I almost feel like giving up and dun eat liaox.. dun koe why everytime I eat yong tau foo I always got this problem.. and it doesnt help tat my tummy was like full of wind, and the tot of the raw fish I ate in the afternoon, it somehow lose my appetite lahx.. so ya.. but still I managed to finish my food liaox..

Then went to Heeren, becos I suddenly wanted to buy a pair of NUM flip flops to wear to work.. so ya.. so we went out of Cineleisure and proceeded to NUM @ Heeren.. When I walk out of the entrance, I saw one of my primary school classmate, but didnt call him becos I forgot him name.. then another guy came out of the entrance, and tat guy is also from my primary school, but I forgot who liaox, so also didnt call.. its only the last guy who came out of the building, then I recognise who he is.. he is none other than Zijing! =).. hahax.. my GOH contingent friend, as well as sec sch classmate.. so ya.. both happy and surprised to see him lah.. =).. catch up with him for like only 10 secs, then we parted ways, becos I didnt want to let Andrew wait mahx.. so ya..

Proceeded to NUM @ Heeren, and went to the flip flop store.. there were a big range man.. chose one tat is like one of the best looking ones, and they were cheaper than the rest.. so ya.. wore it and didnt really like it, but I tried it at home, and I muz say, the more I see it, the more I like it! =).. hahax..

So my expenditure today is like close to $160, and its on footwear only ok! so ya.. my top and bottom has yet to be bought and shopped.. so ya.. wld do either nxt Sun or the week after.. have to see lahx.. =)

Then after which, both of us went to Starbucks @ PS to chill out and then juz talk abt anything under the sun.. and this wk of sharing @ Starbucks, was definately more personal than the last sharing, which was 2 wks ago.. so ya..
Bro, frankly speaking, I like these sharing sessions.. we shld do it more often ya =)

Oh.. my pastor has asked me to teach the musicians as to how to read basic music theory, becos its like his wife's goal (who is the worship team coordinator) to like have every musician to read music scores.. so ya.. So I went to Yamaha @ PS to shop for an instructional guide, and after 15 mins of searching, finally found a book which is so so simple and basic.. it is actually meant for small kids, but then, since its the pure basics, so ya.. so no choice.. its cheap as well! $5.00 only.. so ya.. but dun koe when starting the teaching lesson.. hope its not anytime soon? I dun koe lah.. see how things goes loh..

Ok lah.. I'm satisfied with my purchases today.. and I need to go thru another 5.5 days, in order for me to either shop, or spend time with my friends and brothers at church.. certainly looking forward to the weekend again!

Oh man.. I'm so gonna experience Monday blues tml @ work.. haix..

Ok.. gtg and sleep liaox.. its late.. got only 5 hrs to sleep.. dun koe how to survive tml man..

Got to run..

The shopoholic and fashionable me you have never seen before,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: