"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Monday, December 25, 2006

Blessed Christmas everyone!! =)

Well.. had a tremendous fun weekend! With church friends and all celebrating Christmas on both days! It's been a while since I had such a fun weekend!

This is gonna be a post of more pictures than words, since a picture speaks a thousand words! so ya..

Anyway, this is gonna be a post of some back-dated photos! so ya.. look at the date and you wld koe which photo is which date.. so ya..

21/12/2006 (Thursday)

The photo you see on the left was the birthday gal, Wendy.. she came back for a vocation-cum-work thingy.. so ya.. she wld be here to mid-January, and since the previous day (20/12-Wed) was her birthday, we decided to like celebrate a belated birthday for her, since its like we are having dinner liaox, so might as why! hahax..

Anyway, we all had a fun time together eating and catching up with one another.. as usual, our table was the noisiest.. hahax.. all the lame jokes coming from huimin & wendy.. hahax..

So ya.. this is a refreshing look for Wendy hor.. hahax.. =P

23/12/2006 (Saturday)

This is the weekend that I have been waiting for this whole mth! The Christmas weekend! Not only there are long weekends, but there is a lot of bonding time with my bros at church, as well as my other church buddies.. so ya..

** Photo on right:
The guys in Generation Joshua doing a "where are you looking pose"?.. Style huh! =P


The bonding part between brothers and buddies in church is especially valuable to me, since I have not done so for like 2 yrs liaox (becos in NS mahx..).. but come to think of it, 2 yrs of NS juz pass by like tat..

Anyway, the bonding between us brothers (Ash, Nat, Andrew & myself) has strengthened over the years I suppose.. especially this year.. dun koe why but ya.. we brothers rulez huh! =)

** Photo on left:
Bosom brothers (Andrew & myself) @ my pastor's house for a Christmas dinner! =).. Look how happy we are!! =) Food and juz pure bonding certainly makes us both happy!


I tell you, once the service is over, ppl like me starts delivering the gifts which we have bought (machiam like santa claus!).. and I was like giving the present to each one lah.. and you shld have see my bro, Andrew.. when I gave him his present, his eyes juz lit up with delight! I actually gave him a Starbucks voucher (becos he is Starbucks siao! hahax..)

** Photo on right: Hilarious moments with the guys! Ashley looks twisted! =P

The food was yummy-li-cious at the Christmas dinner.. though all organic stuff, but its nice! Especially the doritos man! They juz rock lah!! You shld have been there to eat it.. if you are not, then you are missing out on something so nice that words juz can't express how good the food is!

And I tell you.. there were cameras everywhere.. esp. Natasha juz like randomly take so many photos.. good and bad, all she want! hahax! Never practice QC (quality control).. =P.. and not only her, I was juz like snapping away lah!

** Photo on left:
A kawaii-neh moment (Ash, myself & andrew)..
Well, this was a continuation of last yr's shots! We did some really japanese-influence pose (ie, "kawaii-neh", where the gals juz act cute!).. so ya.. I koe you all muz be thinking such poses would definately make the lens of the camera crack.. hahax.. but it didn't! so too bad!! =P


Of course with so many snapping shots, we youths really did some outrageous pose, afterall, its the Christmas season, and there shld be some fun! =)

Of course with such a festive mood, jokes between us youths started to juz come out of no where.. Nat as usual was his lame self, and he said some lame comments/jokes.. Tjow was like his cheeky self (and this always happen during festive seasons like this!.. not only Christmas.. he is also like tat on New Year's Day! hahax..).. Next week is the New Year's Day celebrations.. Am I gonna die? I dun koe.. I juz hope I dun become one of his victim! Tjow, I'm bewaring of you!! hahax.. =P

** Photo on right:
Generation Joshua's ORD-ed personnels (for Year 2006) (me & alvin) hanging out at Starbucks with us being so proud of our ICs!
And of course, Alvin has an additional thingy (which is his driving license).. Wait till I get my hands on those, and then I can be the same rank as Alvin liaox.. hahax.. Alvin, juz you wait!! =P


Well, the nite ended with some of us proceeding over to HSBC's Starbucks to juz chill the night away!! so ya.. And of course, photos were taken lah! =)

Then went over to Starbucks at Valley Point to meet our parents, and then I followed my parents back..

Then its like so weird.. I juz can't sleep after I bathe and stuff.. so by the time I really slept was about 0300! *gulpz*.. never in my whole life I slept so late before!!

24/12/2006 (Sunday)

Today is Christmas eve! Went to Matthew & Ashley Mok's hse for a countdown Christmas party.. and this idea is so refreshing! Never in my whole life did I do a countdown to Christmas party thingy.. man.. this shld be organised every year lah for Generation Joshua.. hahax.. Thanks Moks for organising! hahax..

** Photo on left:
Sebastian (a new face in Generation Joshua!), Andrew and myself playing piggy back at Moks' hse.. which actually I'm the one who piggy-back them.. hahax.. poor thing rite.. =)


The youths at the party were juz became wild.. I've seen the fun side of them which I didnt see in church.. hahax.. the festive mood is here and everyone is letting their hair down, so perhaps tats why loh!

If I counted correctly, there is close to like 30 ppl who came to party.. of course, not all are youths.. a minority of them were parents and stuff.. so ya..
But the funny thing is tat, though there is like so many ppl who came for the party, but it doesnt feel squeezy at all.. in fact, it felt very cosy.. so ya.. tat is probably the reason why everyone is all in the mood.. hahax..

Speaking of mood, here is the video tat I took of Alvin's and Sebastian's forfeit (becos they lost @ the second round of "bluff".. hahax.. I lost the first round.. go to Alvin's blog to see my video bahx.. aiyo.. so embarassing..!).. So ya.. Alvin, who says you dun have a video? here it is.. uploaded in Youtube somemore! This is revenge of what you posted on your blog.. wahahaha..
(btw, both of them are dancing to the tune, "I Saw Mummy Kissing Santa Claus!".. and guess who is the mummy? Alvin himself!!.. hahax..)



After the game of "bluff", we played a game of "pigs" and it was fun! hahax.. managed to do something tat made the whole group of ppl playing, actually laugh until they stomach-ache (esp. Ryan!) and tears juz flow out of their eyes at the same time!! hahax..

Then we played a round of "Singapore Taboo".. and the greatest joke for the nite shld go to Rachel Goh, becos she associate the word, "Benjamin Sheares" with "White House".. I was like "huh? what the hell!.. hahax.."

** Photo on right:
The carrot cake made by Mok's grandma.. which I tell you.. its really delicious lah!


Of course, unnecessary and necessary photos were snapped, since there were like 5-6 digicams around.. everyone was like snapping away.. machiam make the whole hse looks like its full of reporters.. hahax..

But anyway, I practice my food-taking photo skills again.. took some photos of food, and I muz say its impressive, and I have not lost touch yet! hahax.. dun the above photo makes your mouth salivate and want to eat the food? If it does, then I'm successful liaox! =)

** Photo on left:
Another bosom brothers (Andrew & myself) shot! =)


You wld have realise something by now if you have not done so.. I was wearing spectacles in the picture.. well.. to cut the long story short, the new contact lens I bought really cannot make it.. so I took it off when I was outside, and juz put on my specs.. so ya.. the new contact lens I bought juz really give me pure irritation.. so ya..

Just realise tat my bro, Andrew, looks younger by the day and I look older by the day.. haix..
I got ppl like Sebastian telling me I look 30 yrs old despite my age actually only 22 yrs old. haix.. Thanx hor.. make me feel so old.. =(

** Photo on right:
Generation Joshua at the Christmas Countdown Party @ the Moks! hahax..


Well, the photo you see on your right is taken by Alvin.. a professional photographer huh! =).. hahax..

We were all cosying up with each other on this shot lah! and I muz say this is so so family like, with much warmth in it!! =) All of us juz looks like a close knit family lah!

** Photo on left:
Group photo taken @ 0315!! No kidding!


But of course, not all stayed and sleep over.. what you see in the photo on the left is actually after our number game (to finish up all the balance food!).. and I tell you.. this game is not fun to play at all..

But thank God I was not so "lucky" to finish up most of the food.. Jonathan Gouw was the one who was the "lucky" one.. hahax.. he dun koe tio how many times already.. hahax..

And guess wat! Its only at about 0205 we started playing, and we finish only at 0300! hahax.. long rite? Now you then koe how much food we have to eat! hahax.. I now see chicken nuggets, I scared liaox, becos I ate 6-7 of those in 1 shot.. totally torturing..

After eating, we were super full, but then we still pose for a picture.. hahax.. totally hilarious I tell ya..

The stayover yesterday nite (Sun - 24/12) is definately one of the best things tat happened in 2006! And I certainly dun regret doing so.. =) Though sleepy, but the bonding between each other was so great tat it kept me awake, until after I ate.. and I juz lie on Ash's bed in his room, and juz sleep for the nite.. I cannot "tong" liaox.. too tired.. (becos I slept at 0300 yesterday nite (Sat - 23/12) and woke up at 1030, when music practice is at 1200.. hahax.. how's tat huh!)

Stayed over yesterday nite loh (Sun - 24/12), and then left the Moks' house at 1300, becos need to come home and change and rest a while, becos its like I got another dinner to attend tonite (which is my mum's birthday dinner at Modesto's Restaurant @ Orchard Parade Hotel)..

Ok lah.. gtg liaox..

Photos wld be uploaded soon.. will inform you all via my blog when the photos are uploaded! not enuf time these few days.. so ya..

Cya ppl soon.. will of course take photos tonite at the dinner, but then it wld take a while for me to blog the event tonite.. so ya.. so hope ya dun mind huh!

Ok.. gtg liaox.. I'm running late! =)

Ciaox peepz & have a blessed Christmas once again!! =),
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: