"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Unreasonable!

Yes.. today at work I finally see another side of my boss which I didnt like really see before.. so ya.. here is a brief account..

Yesterday I was supposed to stay back and supervise my workers on the stuff tat my boss ordered them to do.. but then becos I went to make my uniform, and therefore, I cldn't stay back lah..

So I guess my boss didnt want to supervise them too, becos I think he trust them.. Then this morning when I did my rounds, one of my workers (who is a section leader) told me tat yesterday they cldnt finish doing it, becos its very tedious and they did it very detailed.. So each of them only check half of what they are suppose to do..

So I was like "ok" lah, becos I koe tat they are very tired, and then they stil need to do this.. so ya.. so I went up to my boss and explain, and he was wondering, they spend 4 hrs on it and yet they can't finish.. So I tried to explain why this is so, (according to wat my workers told me lah!), and hoping to like erase the bad impression tat he has on my workers.. so ya..
My boss's face didnt really like show it tat he is angry with them, but I can sense it tat he is angry lah!.. When I saw this, I tot to myself, what an unreasonable boss!

When I went down, I supervise the younger workers, and they are the ones which I really get along very well.. I understand their predicament and sympatise with them.. so ya.. So I told them I rather they do it detailed and do it nicely for me, rather than finish all but all slipshot work.. correct or not? so ya..

Then I initially tot my younger workers wld have time to like check the cups once they are free (becos there was a lag time in cooking and filling the jellies).. so ya.. so I told my boss abt they are able to do it later.. but then, they have not enuf time to do so becos they need to take over ppl for lunch breaks and stuff, and also, I can see them tat they are not willing (becos they did it until very late yesterday nite and they are sleepy too becos not enuf sleep last nite), so I didnt want to "push" lah.. so I was hoping tat my boss wont ask (he didnt in the end!), or else, I was wondering how to answer.. so ya..

Then I decided to have my tea-break for 15 mins.. why work so hard when I'm entitled to breaks? so ya.. I'm not gonna be stupid anymore.. I need to fight for my rights.. During my tea break, I ranted my situation via SMS to my bro, Andrew, and he did help to like agree with me or at least, talk some sense into me.. so ya.. appreicate it bro! =).. I koe I can count on you anytime! =)

Then lunch time came.. and becos my workers not doing a lot of impt stuff which I needed to supervise, so I went to have my lunch instead..

After lunch, came back and then did another thing which needed my supervision.. this time, the unreasonable level of my boss was really to the max, and I was like very fed up with him..

My boss instructions is to ask one of my workers to go to the warehouse and take 20 cartons, which each carton has a different design, and there were 20 different designs.. and the pallet tat came in were by 20 cartons.. so becos the pallets in the warehouse didnt really like was side by side, so my worker and I decide to like juz take 1 pallet..

Then when the pallet arrive, we juz realise tat we had only 15 designs, and we have 5 duplicate designs.. so initially my boss's instructions (when I called him), he said never mind.. then soon, I saw him and he was at the area where all the designs are, and he somewhat insisted tat I have to have all 20 designs, by hook or by crook, even if it means to push watever we dun need to the warehouse and take whatever we need from the warehouse.. so you koe wat this means? Double work.. and you all think the cartons are light? You are wrong.. each carton actually weights abt 20kg.. so ya.. really heavy.. I'm currently suffering either frm cramp ligament or cramp muscle.. its really pain lah.. I'm feeling it more in my forearm and my biceps.. I wont be surprised if there was a little muscle tear.. so ya..

And btw, my boss was very sarcastic in the way he talk when he insisted tat he wanted 20 designs.. You shld have see the way he talk to my worker.. he was like smiling and jokingly talk, but I'm sure he is suaning/scolding my worker but in a nice way..
Can see my worker was also very fed-up with my boss too.. he didnt want to tell me, but I can see and sense it..

My boss told me tat the marketing dept wants some samples of each design.. but wats worse is tat, he didnt take the initiative to like obtain a sample sheet frm the marketing dept showing all the 20 different designs.. he needed me to tell him then he go to the marketing and get.. He wasnt sure whether the marketing dept had it, but I told him "sure have one! since they are in charge of such stuff".. so ya.. I had no choice but to use technology (ie, my camera phone), and take each design, so as to not like take repetative designs frm the warehouse.. and juz as I finish my photo taking, my boss gave me the 2 sheets.. so ya.. was grateful lah.. at last!

So my worker and I went to the warehouse and take the remaining 5 designs.. then help them to pack the samples for each design (ie, 2000 pcs per design!!) into a box and then put on trolley, and have to pass it to the marketing department.. so ya..

So can you believe it? I was doing the packing of the samples for the marketing department ALL by myself.. my boss see, he didnt bother to help at all.. the reason why I helped my worker packed the marketing department samples, is becos I see them so tired liaox and they are busy sorting out stuff, so I decided to help them do.. but my boss when see, juz use "eye-power" (ie, stay and see and do nothing).. haix..

And I did the packing until I was like having back-aches and all.. Thank God there is one of my young workers who actually came and help me becos he had nothing to do.. so ya.. now you koe why I "take care" of my young workers? =).. The guy who helped me is really helpful! I asked him to do for me a few stuff liaox, and everytime he did it WITHOUT complaining.. so ya..

Then of course, I felt very shacked liaox (by the time I finish, it was already 1630 liaox).. so went back to office and do paperwork.. and of course, my muscles ache like anything loh..

Then at 1830, I left office and came home.. had dinner and watch TV and now blog loh.. I realised I'm really getting fat.. die.. I wanna lose weight but I can't.. haix.. =(..

Ok lah.. I'm really very fustrated with my boss today.. sometimes I really wonder how long will I be able to control my temper or at least put up with his unreasonable-ness (if there was ever such a word)? But as I always say, I actually long ago wanted to quit, but then, its my younger workers which makes me want to carry on and endure all the stuff tat I face with my superiors.. =)

Ok lah.. gtg and sleep liaox.. Late already.. waking up tml to work.. so ya.. wat is going to happen to me tml? I dun koe!!
Oh.. the juice process side executive is on leave, so if anything, I have to handle, which I did today.. I helped check his records.. haix.. stress ah.. hope nothing big happens though.. ok.. gtg liaox.. =)

The persistance of staying in my job are my workers,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: