"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Its not as bad as I tot!

Well.. today is my first encounter with "juice processing" side.. and surprisingly, it is NOT as bad as I tot.. though there are many things to remember, like this valve go where and how the product flows in the pipe.. so ya.. but I got a summarise version of it, and I'm like 60-70% sure wat I muz check every morning at the "juice processing" side.. so ya.. the explanation given to me was quite clear, so ya.. But then again, I cant expect myself to learn everything juz like tat.. I need time.. so ya..

The person who taught me abt "juice processing" today, told me the reason why I muz learn abt "juice processing" as well.. he told me it is becos we are on an executive level, so we are expected to koe wat the production workers dun koe.. and when a problem arise and the production workers dun koe how to solve it, at least we (as supervisors/executive) koe how to solve it in the shortest time possible, so tat there wld be lesser time and/or product wastage.. so ya..

When he told me tat, I was suddenly enlightened.. ha.. so ya.. so after tat person has gone, I still stayed in the production area and observed the "juice processing" processes.. and when I dun koe anything, I went to ask one of the more senior operators (in terms of experience).. thank God they are helpful enuf to tell me.. so ya.. or else, I wld be left in the dark until now.. so ya..

Then whilst nothing much to supervise at the "juice processing" side, I went to the "jelly processing" side to supervise.. and I suddenly felt very comfortable.. its like coming back home.. so ya..
The reason why I felt comfortable is probably becos of the workers, as well as also, I'm used to my comfort zone (which is "jelly processing").. so ya.. so naturally, I wld feel "more at home" lah..

Then supervise and see see look look until abt 1230.. went back to office to do my paperwork.. did until 1400, then I went to eat lunch.. and by 1420, I was back in office to continue doing my stuff (my lunch break is 30 mins long, but its NEVER 30 mins for me.. I wld eat fast fast and go back to office to work.. so ya.. probably I'm a workaholic bahx..)

Then after lunch, I did the counting and checking of my workers' paycards and this is another headache.. so many things to remember, and I muz be very careful, becos its regarding my workers' pay.. I cannot give more (company wld suffer loss) or less (workers wld complain and also, they wld have shortage of money!).. so ya.. so this is very impt.. and as its the first time I'm doing it, I engaged the help of my boss to check thru the cards, before I sign in pen.. initially, it was pencil.. so ya.. this card cannot even use liquid paper.. so you can imagine how stressed am I to sign the card? =)

Then do OT as usual, but this time, I did till 1845.. wanted to finish the last few before I leave, and I'm glad I'm done with 1 stack.. so ya.. juz as I was thinking I cld leave early (at least before 1815), one of my workers came up to me with today's records.. I was supposed to plan to check it before I left, but somehow there was some disturbance, and it disturb my train of thought, so therefore, by the time I finish it, it was abt 1845 liaox.. so thinking tat its late, I stopped all work (and decide to carry on tml) and pack and go home.. so ya.. so its today's records but I will check tml.. but the records tat were dated 2 mths back, were checked liaox.. so ya.. =)

Came home, had a wonderful dinner, then another bro of mine in camp, Sidney, called me to chat with me and we had an enjoyable chat lah.. then juz as I was abt to put down the phone, he asked me to help him with his blog.. so ya.. and I did.. I managed to solve the problem in abt an hour.. so now his blog is up and running.. so ya.. he juz have to add other things he wanna add.. I helped him in his main problem liaox..

So after I solved his problem, I'm now writing this blogpost lah.. ok. its getting late! I have past my bedtime by abt an hour.. juz hope I feel as awake as I did today.. =)

Ok..gtg liaox.. nitex ppl! =)

Becoming a soon-to-be all rounder Production Supervisor,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: