"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Happy 1 month Anniversary to me!

Well.. if you all dun koe yet, today is my official date of me being at my workplace for a month!.. so it can be considered as an anniversary lah.. so ya..

Woke up this morning like at 0700 becos alarm rang.. was supposed to go jogging but then I was simply too tired.. My body seemed to like being drained of all energy.. no energy to move, and not to mention exercise.. I was simply not the energetic me on Sunday mornings.. haix.. probably a sign of old age?

Oh well.. so I didnt go and jog.. followed my family to have breakfast and believe it or not, I was feeling super guilty lah.. its getting heavier and heavier each time..

Then came home, and brainstorm ideas for the Youth Camp publicity nxt wk.. so ya.. then tot of ideas liaox.. went to places to shoot some videos for the publicity stint..

Then went to Suntec to buy present for my church's member kid, Daniel, whom we went to his birthday party later in the evening..

So ya.. after Suntec, we went to Starbucks to have lunch.. The picture on the right is what we had.. I had the pasta salad! Best!! =)

Since we are at Starbucks, I tried the Gingerbread Frappucino (see left picture).. its a holiday season drink.. so ya.. dun expect it to be out for the whole year.. so ya..
So my verdict on Gingerbread Frappucino? If you like cinnamon, then this is the drink for you, becos the cinnamon taste is very strong.. so ya..

Then after Starbucks, we went to church for music practice (nxt wk is combined with adults, and guess wat.. I have been like asked from my pastor's wife (who is the overall worship co-ordinator) to sing and not play, becos she want to train me up as a worship leader.. I have no qualms with tat.. but wat I'm worried is tat I wld get stagefright nxt week.. haix.. we'll see how lah..
Its been 2 yrs since I've stepped onto a stage and like sing and/or lead worship.. so ya.. so it wld get a bit of getting used too.. so ya.. Of course, besides singing, I helped in the musical part, like tempo wrong, I asked them change, and also, if there are chords to be changed, I wld be the one who do it.. so ya.. I'm practically multi-tasking lah.. so ya..

After the practice, went to the birthday party which I've mentioned earlier in this blogpost.. And saw my kor and jie (derek & huimin).. and its always a joy to see them, becos they never fail to put a smile on my face.. hahax.. =)

Then later in the nite, I decided to like take a photo of Alvin, becos he was wearing a GJ T-shirt, which is so suitable for publicity nxt week.. so ya.. and you shld have see how Tjow, Mok, Ryan and myself were like so excited to groom Alvin as a GJ model! Ryan & Mok were like his consultants.. Tjow was the official photographer.. Me? I was the "extra" one.. hahax..
(Wanna see the result of the photo? Wait till I show the publicity to my church first.. wanna surprise them mahx.. dun wanna spoil the fun! who koes who is reading my blog.. hahax..)

Then after the birthday party, most of us didnt feel full, so we went to Azuka Sabo @ Marina Square.. The place looks posh but the food is at a reasonable price.. The food is not bad too.. But wats important is the fellowship =)

As I was quite full (I also didnt want to increase my calorie intake), I decided to take this seafood salad (see left picture) under the recommendation of Ryan.. so ya.. so I ate it, and my verdict? 8 out of 10 stars! The seafood were so fresh.. the prawns were succulent, and there was a generous servings of squids and fresh scallops.. so ya..
As they claimed, the ingredients are all flown in daily from Hokkaido, Japan.. so ya.. But this is good.. and oh.. this is my first time having to eat so many tomato cubes found in this salad.. Its quite a chore though.. haix.. (btw, I dun like tomatoes, tats why!)

This is my dessert (see right picture). This dessert is not your "very sweet" dessert, unless you pour the honey on top, which I dun think its necessary.. so ya.. this dessert has red bean paste (which is super sweet), some agar agar cubes and mini plain tangyuans.. so ya.. not bad.. =) There is also some fruits like (strawberries and apricots) decorating the dessert.. =)

This is Jaslyn's dessert (see left picture).. It's similar to mine, except tat she got a ice-cream, which comes together with her dessert set.. so ya..

As usual, when the food guru has a satisfied meal, he wld be so happy to announce it to the whole world, and tats what he is doing it right now! =).. Go try it someday ah.. quite good japanese food.. =)

And man.. I got so "hurt badly" with all the "verbal arrows" by my brothers, Andrew & Ash.. and guess wat.. Tjow got infected.. but well.. wat they call me doesnt matter lah.. I koe they do it in the name of fun.. so no worries.. =).. but I got "nei shang".. hahax.. =P

Then after the dinner, came home loh, becos muz work tml mahx.. haix.. a stressful week lies ahead of me... we'll see!

But to end this post, I juz wanna thank GJ for celebrating my one month anniversary at work, which is so unknowingly.. hahax.. this is called cover and concealment! hahax.. no link? can't blame me! This is very late in the nite liaox.. Ciaox peepz!

It feels so sweet to be in the company of good friends,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: