"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, October 19, 2006

A new chapter unfolds..

Yes ppl! I've started work today!! And thanx 4 all the well-wishes (to wish me all the best and stuff) from my friends and all.. Thanx! You all are greatly appreciated! =)

And many ppl who koe me asked how is my first day at work.. so I told them to refer to my blog, so I can assume tat today's blogpost wld be highly read! wahaha...

Anyway, wat I can abt my first day at work is 2 words.. Stress & information-overload! here are the details..

Woke up at 0530 and surprisingly, I was awake even though I had only 5 hrs of sleep last nite (my usual is 8 hrs!).. Bathe and stuff.. and by 0630, I was out of the hse.. guess wat! I reached my workplace at 0700, when my working hrs start at 0730!
(I was in a bus filled with PLAB regulars and NSFs, and u shld have seen how smug I was.. ha.. I felt like showing them my pink IC.. how evil am I rite.. whahaa)
So wat I did was to cross over and go to the coffee-shop to have a cup of teh-siu-dai (which is tea with less condensed milk) and juz relax a while.. At the same time, I was a bit frightened, as in I dun koe wat to expect and stuff..

So by 0725, I crossed back over to my workplace and called my superior (the acting assitant production manager).. so he met me and gave me an orientation.. I was like being passed to another person, and he worked in the company for 18 yrs liaox, and he is juz 1 post higher than me.. so ya.. so he brought me around and guess wat.. I saw 2 of my poly classmates, Shanshan & Aimei! haha.. wat a coincidence huh! =).. They were in different department frm me.. they are in QC lah, but work very close with my department too, so ya.. so sure meet up with each other often one.. ha.. so ya.. such a surprise..

Then the day went on, where I was being brought to the admin building to settle some administration matters on my pay and stuff.. and also had a chat with the HR manager, where she told me lots of things of how to perfom my duty well and stuff.. so ya..

Then after which, I went back to my building and got more briefing by my superior.. so ya.. after which, he passed me 2 files to read.. he wanted me to read on those articles which he helped me to bookmark, and mind u, tat was already 1300 and I have NOT had my lunch yet! But becos I dun want to like be impatient or sumthing, I waited till my superior like call me to go lunch with him, then I go.. by the time I eat my lunch, it was 1330.. so ya..
And I somehow regretted I had such a late lunch.. I think nxt time (in fact tml) I'm gonna have bee hoon for breakfast or sumthing, becos if this goes on (which I have only light breakfast at home), I wld juz faint or die of hunger lah!.. so ya..

Coincidentally, I had lunch at the SAME coffee shop where I had my kopi-siu-dai.. ha.. and I wanted to pay for my lunch, but my superior paid for me instead.. so sweet rite.. ha..

Then when go back, its somemore reading.. I initially tot tat I wld be able to knock off work at 1600 (which is my standard timing), but then, my superior told me tat becos I'm new, he wants me to learn everything as soon as possible, so I dun need to rely on him so much.. so he wants me to like do OT for a mth or sumthing.. so ya.. so can you believe it tat juz today (which is my FIRST day of work), I've done already like almost 3 hrs of OT!.. so I knocked off at work at abt 1900 instead of 1600.. so ya.. And according to him, he said he wld request to the accounts department to pay me overtime pay.. so ya.. hope its true lah, or else I work for nothing!.. so ya.. But I tell you, its real shacked! Becos

And oh.. tell you ah.. I think nxt time I wld speak Mandarin more than English, becos my working environment (or shld I say my staff/subodinates) mainly constitutes Malaysians & China nationals.. so ya.. so I think Mandarin wld be an appropriate language to converse with them, since I work with them very closely.. so ya..
Then dialects are also spoken too, but I only understand them.. but of course, I hope tat I can learn Cantonese real soon.. or at least for a start, understand it! Becos I always like Cantonese and I'm trying to master the dialect, but to no avail.. haix..

Then came home at 1930 feeling real shacked and hungry! Ate dinner.. and then on the computer and blog this blogpost loh..
Then at the same time of typing this blog, I'm talking on the phone with my BEST bro in camp, Sidney (see Sidney.. how honoured of you to be mentioned in my blog.. I still never draw line ok.. not like u said.. wahaha).. Sidney as usual rant his grievances over camp and personal matters to me, and I offered a listening ear lah.. so ya.. though there were lots of suaning by him (becos tats how we talk), but it was enjoyable.. dun koe why.. =).. Probably tats you lah, and I know you so well.. its also like talking to an old good friend.. =)

Then after he put down the call, I'm still on this blog and also at the same time, chat with a few ppl on MSN.. one of which is to tell my bro in church, Andrew, abt tml's cookie baking session at Nat's place for Sat's church anniversary at York Hotel and at the same time, help me to coordinate names and stuff of who's coming to help and stuff.. so ya.. Thanx bro for helping! =) Your help is greatly appreciated! =)

Ok lah.. I gtg and sleep liaox.. tml is really gonna be another long day at work.. gonna be at the production floor I think the whole day or sumthing.. so ya.. need to sleep early also, so as to catch up on my past sleep and also to prevent myself frm dozing off whilst reading essential reading materials.. haha.. which I almost did today at work.. Too much reading liaox, which also cause my head to ache.. guess its information overload.. so ya..

Ok.. gtg liaox.. its 2300 and I think its still not enuf.. ahhh.. so ya.. Me going to la-la-land and off to Marigold for work tml, and after work, go Nat's hse to help in the baking.. wa.. super tiring day tml.. so ya.. got to sleep now! Ciaox ppl! =)

Stressful but challenging job awaits,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: