"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Saturday, October 21, 2006

My actual job starts today!

First and foremost, I have to clarify things tat this blog is supposed to be yesterday's (20/10), however, by the time I come home and want to blog, its over midnight liaox.. so ya.. and automatically, it changes the date.. so ya.. so dun be confused ya.. =)

Anyway, today's job is like the thing which I really started my job proper.. with my supervising duties and all.. I was very scared initially, becos you imagine a *ahem* small boy of only 22 yrs old, telling/commanding someone who is either is only a few yrs older then me but got quite a number of experience, or someone who is really much much older than me.. and I really mean 20-30 yrs difference in age! So ya..
(This sounds so much like the dilemma of a NSF officer telling a warrant officer what to do!) <-- why am I comparing it to SAF again? haix..

So I was partly like cannot stay at office the whole day, becos I think my boss expects me to like be on the production floor most of the time, unless there are paperwork to be done.. so ya.. So tats wat I did..
The initial telling/commanding was a bit awkward, but after a while, I got used to it liaox.. But of course, its not in a rude way.. its more like friend friend like tat.. so ya..

Then after checking and the production closes for the day, guess wat! I have to do OT again.. becos there are some paperwork for me to do.. so ya.. checking records lah.. and for the first time, I'm checking it so carefully, becos I'm respobnsible for them, as it bears my signature on the paper.. so once I sign, its considered ok and if anything goes wrong, they would look for me.. so ya..
Anyway, my Malay colleague is on Hari Raya leave, so guess wat.. I have to cover his duties.. including his checking of records.. and ha.. I managed to spot 3 mistake (on different documents) which he apparently approved.. but anyway, its not confirm tat its a mistake.. I have to check out with the workers on Monday (22/10).. so ya..

So ya.. tat was my day at work lah.. its not as tiring as when at the first day of work (Thurs - 19/10).. so ya.. probably I had enuf sleep bah.. so ya.. but the records checking really make my head spin and eyes super tired and heavy.. so ya.. but no choice.. this is my job.. so ya..
And finally today, I finally understand why do I have to read so much on the first day at work (19/10), becos I think my boss wants me to like be able to do the job independently as soon as possible, becos he is very busy himself as well.. so ya.. so tat explains why he called me to check the records all by myself and if anything I dun koe, ask him and stuff.. and clarify with him if necessary..

Then at 1830, I asked my boss if he has anything for me to do, becos I told him tat if he have nothing for me to do, then I have to go becos I got an appt (its true tat I have appt mahx, becos going to Nat's hse to bake the cookies).. so ya.. and thank God, he let me go lah..

So I took a bus and mrt to Nat's hse.. and of course, I got lost and stop the wrong bus-stop.. and in the end, I have to like walk another 1km or so to his hse.. so ya.. Had Mac for dinner loh.. so as I walk, I ate my dinner.. haha..
But they were so fast.. by the time I reached there, they are done and almost finish wrapping.. haha.. so ya.. but the cookies were world-best lah! Much much better than last yr, including the packing.. so ya.. =).. Thanx guys for your help in making this cooking-baking session possible.. and also, to my bro, Andrew, thanx 4 contacting so many ppl to come and help! I didnt expect tat many ppl turn up! haha.. =)

Then when we go back, I was telling Alvin the whole long story of wat happened at work and stuff.. and he also agreed with me tat my job really sounds like wat my sgt/officer do in NS.. so ya.. haix.. what a comparison.. =(

Ok lah.. I gtg and sleep liaox.. so tired.. believe it or not.. I'm typing this with my eyes half-closed! hahax.. need to wake up early tml becos got lots of stuff to complete and do, before I go for church anniversary at York Hotel later in the afternoon.. so ya.. tiring and busy day tml.. so ya..

Got to run peepz.. Cya!! =)

The executive has spoken,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: