"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The haze is back after much clear skies!

Well, if you want to koe the lowdown on the PSI Index, here it is:

0600 - PSI Index: 43 (Good)
0700 - PSI Index: 42 (Good)
0800 - PSI Index: 42 (Good)
0900 - PSI Index: 38 (Good)
1000 - PSI Index: 36 (Good)
1100 - PSI Index: 34 (Good)
1200 - PSI Index: 47 (Good)
1300 - PSI Index: 59 (Moderate)
1400 - PSI Index: 70 (Moderate)

You muz have realise tat how come the PSI Index stop at 1400.. this is becos the NEA website have some problem lah.. haix.. guess too many ppl kept on accessing the website and thus resulting in such failure of the website.. but oh well..

Today didnt really do much.. Was on computer the whole day as usual.. I did my monthly personal budget (becos today receive pay liaox mahx), then burn the photo CD (for my KL ORD trip) for my friends whom I mtg on Friday becos go camp and sign clearance mahx..

Then its surfing net for a while, before I have to be whisked off to bathe as I need to attend a wedding dinner.. Moreover, at Boon Lay.. super far! haix..

Oh.. anyway, I have news saying tat this Sun's birthday celebration wld not be in Hotel Rendezvous anymore.. its at Suntec, but then again, a buffet.. so ya.. haix.. and no! I didnt exercise today.. haix.. =(.. The haze is back.. haix..

So after I bathe, I went out of hse and proceed to Boon Lay.. Journey super far! Of course, I've today officially been changing my contact lens from Focus Dailies Aqua-release, to 1-Day Acuvue Moist! so ya.. and as usual, not used to it, therefore takes abt 3-5mins to put the pair of contact lens onto my eyes! But after yesterday, I somewhat found the tactic of putting it on (which is so different frm my previous one).. so ya..

By the time I reached there, I was tired and real hungry.. Thank God my parents decides to take cab frm Jurong East MRT.. the original plan was to take MRT to Boon Lay then take cab there.. so ya..

When we reach there, it was really a typical chinese dinner.. and then my mum saw a familiar face (which is her relative lah).. so ya.. we were seated loh.. then I tell you.. this is gonna be one of the funniest and worst weddings I've attended so far! Dun get me wrong.. the food is all rite.. its juz tat entertainment there really sux! I was msg my bro, Andrew abt it, and he also agreed with me.. I wanted to take a photo of it, but then, haix.. its too embarassing to be in my phone.. anyway, here is a brief description of it and hope you can visualize it..

Imagine this.. The dinner is so so aunty-rish!! They've got Chinese MC somemore.. then got hokkien, teochew and cantonese songs, but mostly its hokkien songs! Then there is this one time, there is a karaoke MTV showing women in scantily-clad bikinis (but all of which is in the 1970s-1980s, and I think its appropriate to name them, aunties! wahaha).. then with all their fancy jewellery and costumes.. then they speak hokkien and stuff.. its really like watching the 7 month getai -_-|||.. haha.. The guy was worse.. its obviously he is bald.. but then he put on this wig, which really looks like a watermelon figure over his head! hahax.. Haix.. I shld have taken a photo, then u all koe wat I mean.. ha.. but then again, dun want lah.. make my whole blog so embarassing.. ha..
Then I was telling my mum tat my wedding nxt time wld be an English one.. even if I want a Chinese wedding dinner, it wld not be something like tat.. so ya.. it wld be somewhere else.. but then again, chinese wedding dinners are more or less like tat.. haix..
And I was surprised tat at such Chinese dinners, there is red wine served.. so being the adventureous me, I went to take a glass.. and surprisingly, the red wine is those real young ones, but then, its not cold at all, so it taste quite weird.. so ya.. So I actually only drank a few sips and then I saw a fly being trapped inside the wine glass, so I stopped drinking.. and then somewhat, I was like having some dizzy spells and a headache.. not too sure whether is it becos of the place which is lack of oxygen or the music is simply too loud/deafening.. haix..

The food was not too bad though.. I really eat until I'm full.. not those buffet-type of real full, but its good enuf lah! =).. hahax.. I like the 1st dish and the dessert best! The one thing tat I like abt the 1st dish was the century egg, which was coated with flour and then deep fried and coated with honey in the end.. very nice.. the dessert which was Yam with Ginko Nuts (aka Orh Ni) was fabulous! Its not so sweet and I can taste the yam; but one thing though... not enuf yam.. but watever! I was craving for 'orh ni' and alas, I get to eat it! =)

Of course besides eating, my mum also caught up with her relatives.. Of course, I understand their dialect (which is Foochow), but then I dun koe how to speak.. I have hear their dialect since young (becos last time my grandma stayed with us and she spoke Foochow to my mum everyday), so naturally, I understand EVERY word they have said, but juz dun koe how to converse in them.. so ya.. so beware.. if you koe Foochow, and think tat no one else understands them except you, ha.. you better koe this.. I understand every word you said! wahahaha.. *evil laugh*

So after reaching home by cab (which was a whopping $14.30 - including a $0.10 surcharge becos its past 2330), I bathe, and then log on net to update this blog loh.. so ya.. =)

Ok lah.. very tired liaox.. one of my few aims I want to accomplish tml is to go swimming.. I seriously need exercise! =).. Ciaox ppl and good nite!

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 9 DAYS to ORD!!

Exercise is much needed at this stage since I've been eating so much nowadays,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: