"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Monday, October 09, 2006

Back to church stuffs!

As usual, the haze starts again.. haix.. but not as bad, but then still.. haix.. here is the lowdown on the haze level courtesy of the NEA website:

0600 - PSI Index: 45 (Good)
0700 - PSI Index: 51 (Moderate)
0800 - PSI Index: 54 (Moderate)
0900 - PSI Index: 53 (Moderate)
1000 - PSI Index: 49 (Good)
1100 - PSI Index: 45 (Good)
1200 - PSI Index: 52 (Moderate)
1300 - PSI Index: 60 (Moderate)
1400 - PSI Index: 65 (Moderate)
1500 - PSI Index: 65 (Moderate)
1600 - PSI Index: 64 (Moderate)
1700 - PSI Index: 63 (Moderate)
1800 - PSI Index: 62 (Moderate)
1900 - PSI Index: 59 (Moderate)
2000 - PSI Index: 58 (Moderate)
2100 - PSI Index: 56 (Moderate)
2200 - PSI Index: 54 (Moderate)
2300 - PSI Index: 51 (Moderate)
0000 - PSI Index: 51 (Moderate)

This morning my place here was a bit hazy loh.. but then, went to NEA website to see the PSI Index and was surprised tat its moderate levels.. I was thinking whether its like 80 or sumthing.. hahax..

Anyway, after which, I do many stuff.. Of course, I did type some of the worship songs.. redo some, edit some and added some.. so ya.. my usual activity after I attended the week's worship music practice (for Combine Service in church).. so ya..

Then I was so bored tat I surf the net for a while.. then get back to church stuff.. First, I edit my Publicity Report for this Saturday's Youth Camp Meeting, then following by updating my worship compilation (realise I have not done tat for at least a yr!)..

Then at 1745, I received a call from my camp, and on the line was my officer! I was quite shocked initially, becos I tot he wants me to go back camp or sumthing.. hahax.. Anyway, he told me I had to complete this ORD survey by tonite, becos its due tml.. I was like "ok loh! I thought juz answer the questions and stuff".. Many thanx to my officer, 2LT Wong Huijie.. if he have not tell me, I dun even koe must do.. haha.. Thanx Sir for taking the initiative to call! =).. Appreciate it lots! =)
Then I put the call and then went to the ns.sg website (the official website for NSmen) to do the ORD thingy tat my officer was telling me abt! And I went to this read-up which has a lot of sections though; I wasn't sure whether it is, so I called up my officer to confirm, and after much interaction with each other, my officer finally confirm tat the website I was on, is correct.. so ya..

Then I began doing.. and man! There was so much to read lah.. Its like a online manual to tell you the 'A-Z's of an NSmen.. man! It got so much content lah! Yes! No doubt it is good, but then its information overload in fact! Can you believe it? It have even a quiz after each section you read and you MUST attempt it; in the event tat you answer the same question with the wrong answer twice, you have to re-do the whole quiz AGAIN (and with different set of questions somemore!).. tats the worst part! So I was like doing it until 3/4 of the ORD thingy, and then I got a terrible headache! I was hungry and at the same time, have a headache.. can you imagine how much I've suffered? I had spend like 1 hr on the survey and have not finish yet! Can u imagine how many things I have to read and do the quiz? wahaha..
I have no choice but to like log off and then go eat dinner and rest a while before getting back to complete the ORD thingy..

So watched a bit of TV and had my dinner.. Then as I watched TV, I received an SMS from my computer technician asking me whether I want to upgrade my initial order of 80 GB hard-disk to a 160 GB hrad-disk for a mere $25 more! I was like thinking very hard, becos this wld mean tat the total cost wld be $205 (before GST) rather than the initial $180 (before GST).. then he also told me tat if I take the 160 GB hard-disk, he wld install it for me on Wed (11/10), which is the optimum day for me and the one which I requested.. I need my stuffs (my new hard-disk and my DVD writer/burner) this Wednesday is becos of the publicity thingy I'm doing rite now, and I aim to finish before I start work nxt thurs (19/10).. so ya.. so after GST, I have to pay my computer technician (he starts his own shop btw!), $215.. expensive hor! haix.. but wat to do?
But come to think of it.. after my 160 GB hard-disk is installed, I've got a total of 200 GB of hard-disk space in my computer! Ha.. dun you feel powerful if you have so much space? Ha.. I dun think I wld be able to finish the whole 200 GB of hard-disk space! haha.. =P.. So I'm waiting anxiously for Wed lah! =)

Then I went to bathe and then on my computer, and continue with the rest of my ORD thingy.. When I'm almost done, my friend, Boon Sen, asked me to help him print his report as he no printer, so I agreed loh.. Then I finished my ORD thing and printed..

Then back to my church things lah, becos afternoon cannot finish mahx.. Juz then, my other friend, Kok Wei, SMSed over and asked me whether I can help him do.. I gave him a big scolding over SMS.. I was really pissed lah! Its not as if he dun have internet, I'm thinking tat he is plain LAZY! I juz can't stand these kind of ppl! You koe wat he answered me? He answered me tat "the most if you dun help me do, I dont ORD only mah! Thanks anyway".. Fwah! tat really spark my anger lah! I was like telling him tat these kind of things he muz do himself.. he cant expect me to do it for him! I then further tell him, "If you think I'm your babysitter, sorry hor! I'm not!"..
Then he came like apologise and stuff.. pls loh! Just dun koe why such ppl exist! Here I'm on the verge to try to finish my church things ASAP, so tat tonite I can sleep earlier and dun need to burn the midnight oil, and he is here to like asking me to do stuff which is totally not my responsibility anymore! Arghh.. better not talk abt this guy anymorel he juz gets on my nerves lah! Oh.. I've asked him an umpteen time to like send me the KL Trip photos on his camera, but everytime he either never reply, or juz like so lazy to send.. you see this kind of ppl.. nxt time go workforce dun koe how.. arghh... dun talk abt him anymore pls! Juz makes my blood boil!

Then after which, I'm blogging now loh, and at the same time, talking to my ex-officer, LTA Samuel Lee (who is a good and responsible one btw! One of the best I had in my NS life!!).. ya.. I asked him abt his life and stuff lah.. btw, he is studying dentistry at NUS! Clever kid huh! =).. so ya.. its always such a joy to chat with him.. hahax.. =)

Ok lah.. I think I shld turn in for the nite liaox.. It is 0100 and I'm still online.. haix..

Oh.. this wk is gonna be another eating wk again.. I think I wld grow fat or sumthing if I dun exercise! If time permits tml, I'll go swimming! Hope I can fulfill tat dream of me exercising, or else, you wld see not 6 pec (not tat I have though!), but 1 big island of Italy + Africa + Malaysia + Australia.. the list goes on.. you get the idea! hahax..

Anyway, here is the lowdown of my binging guilty pleasures the rest of this mth:

Tues (10/10) - Chinese wedding dinner (8 course seated down dinner) @ Raja Restaurant, Boon Lay
Sun (15/10) - Birthday celebration (high tea buffet) @ Hotel Rendezvous
Sat (21/10) - Church Anniversary (high tea buffet) @ York Hotel

So the rest of this mth is eating again, after a high-tea buffet yesterday! Oh man! I'm getting so so fat lah! But as the Chinese say, neng2 chi1 shi4 fu2 (dun koe how to explain it in English, but I'm sure you koe wat I'm saying rite!!)

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 10 DAYS to ORD!!

Busy & growing fat at the same time,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: