"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, September 28, 2006

What a wonderful 3 days!



Hey ppl! I'm back from KL! The past 3 days have been fantastic! The feeling is like though we had been back, we wished tat the trip never end.. This is becos its really very enjoyable to be in the company with friends, so there was laughter and stuff.. so ya.. I really didnt regret to go on this trip.. =).. we even made like a thing to meet every 25th of September (like anniversary lah!).. so ya.. So we shall see how loh..

Anyway, below is a brief account of each day wat we did!
(Oh.. photos are uploaded into the net liaox.. Go to My Photo Gallery > My Experience As A Soldier Boy > ORD KL Trip (25/09/06 - 27/09/06) Photos!)

I have also put up the best photos tat I took in the above compiled tile photo.. so ya.. finally have learnt how to use photoshop to do it.. =).. so ya.. quite happy loh! =)

Day 1: 25/09/06 (Monday)

I woke up like at 0530.. brush teeth and ate breakfast.. then Boon Sen took cab and fetch me, and off we went to Golden Mile.. Kokwei & samuel were there earlier, but they bluff us tat they were far away.. haix.. Yizhou then came to join us..

Then I went to check in with the person in the office.. We were expecting a single deck bus and not so comfortable, as we did not pay the extra cost.. but never did we expect tat we got a normal bus but it was super comfortable.. so ya.. it was a somewhat a blessing in disguise lah! (See picture on left! Tat was our bus!)

Then off we went on our journey to KL.. go thru Customs and then went up to the bus and 2 hrs later, we stop for our mid-trip lunch at Yong Peng.. it was a food-court kind of place.. had Mee Rebus for lunch.. not bad.. costs a mere RM 4.50.. quite cheap lah!

4 hrs later, we reached our hotel, Federal Hotel. It was ok on the outside, but I was quite taken aback at how the reception looked! It looked so different on the website. On the website it look so class and all, but when I was there, it looked quite old..

Then we went up to our rooms.. And again, I was shocked as well.. Becos the website photos shown were a whole lot bigger.. so ya.. and I was expecting more.. haix.. but wat to do? Just have to live with it.. but overtime, I got used to the room.. and man! I've visited my other friends' (Yizhou & Samuel) room and theirs was even smaller.. becos my room is shared with 2 other ppl (Boon Sen & Kokwei).. so ya.. so we needed a bigger room.. so ya..

Then after we put down our stuff, we bathe, freshen up and then we went out to the areas to explore, as well as to shop and eat..

First stop was Plaza Low Yat; it is similar to the Sim Lim Square of Singapore.. all of us had not much interest in the building, so we left the building quite fast..

Then we waked, and then we went into BB Plaza and interlinked with it is Sungei Wang Shopping Centre (similar to Far East in Singapore).. Managed to buy a few stuff which I really like, but its like I was so surprised tat there were Giordano stores there too, so I was usually happy! I walked in and then guess wat I found! A white linen pants which I always wanted to buy here in Singapore but there was no more stock.. so ya.. then I bought and my friends bought, and a total came to a whopping RM 261.. and instantly, I was a member of Giordano.. and one thing good abt Giordano member is tat this membership is able to be used WORLDWIDE and I get 10% off regular price items.. so ya..
As usual, the salesperson there was helpful, so I was in fact very happy with the service.. =)

Then we chanced upon another shop, where everything we buy was really a steal lah! My friends bought some things frm there, and agreed tat it was good price!.. so ya.. I also bought some stuff frm there lah, but not much becos didnt really want to spend all, becos its juz the first day!.. so ya..

Came back to hotel becos we were all tired.. and on the way back to the hotel, there were a row of shops (approx. 10) with its owners and helpers vying for business of trying to persuade tourists to go for the foot massage/reflexology.. I was feeling super irritated and then everytime I walk past those shops, my goosepimples would juz simply stand lah, becos its machiam like walking along the streets of Geylang in Singapore.. aiyoh.. juz the thought of it juz makes my hair stand.. *eeks*

Then bathe and went to sleep at 2330.. super tired..

Day 2: 26/09/06 (Tuesday)

Woke up bright and early (0630 to be exact!), becos today we had a long day ahead of us..

Started the day with breakfast and I muz say the spread of breakfast though limited, but it taste quite good.. I was craving for Teochew porridge the nite before and there in the morning, there was the Teochew porridge.. so ya.. it was of course yummy!

Cldnt ate much loh as usual, becos its like at 0745 leh! So ya.. After finishing our breakfast, we asked one of the waitress to help us take photo.. she was like so scared like tat.. and then she take is like so "silent mode" (as wat Kokwei says!).. ha.. no count at all.. ha.. =)..

Came up to room, bathe and style hair, and off we went to shop ard KL in its town area..

First stop was Berjaya Times Square.. Big but boring.. but it took us quite a while to find the building, becos it looks so near from our hotel, but thank goodness I had printed out a map of the KL town area, so we see our map as we walk loh! So ya.. a map comes in handy loh! =)

Then we took the KL Monorail to Suria KLCC (where the Petronas Twin Tower was located)..
KLCC stands for Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre.. We took the KL Monorail.. so ya.. at times we walked super far to take the monorail.. and it was an experience to take Monorail, becos we had some embarassing moments.. so ya.. It was like there was this MRT underground thingy for their LRT, and like all Singaporeans, we decided to go to the end of the train.. but we realise something.. the ends were all empty and ppl board frm the centre.. and we were like scratching our head, and then when the monorail eventually stop, it actually stops in the centre and the end was of no use becos the monorail was not long enuf.. ha.. then we of course laugh our heads off.. ha..

Then once we stop at KLCC, we went to this place called Suria KLCC.. its like a mega shopping mall (imagine the expensive boutique stores and other small common stores in Orchard Road combined into 1 mall!).. yes! Tats how big the mall is!

We got hungry and we ate A&W for lunch.. its been long since I've eaten A&W, and therefore I ate it.. I also drank the root beer float loh! Very nice =) And the root beer was at its best.. NO icecubes but yet ice cold.. so its really natural!!

Then we had "itchy mouths" and saw Dunkin Donuts.. we went to eat 1 donut each.. so ya.. bought 5 but get 1 free.. so ya.. I've actually eaten the flavour which Boon Sen bought and he eaten mine.. haix.. but I did have a bite of mine too! =).. hahax..

Then we walked, and I was quite shocked to see shops like Gucci, British India, Mont Blanc, Crabtree & Evelyn, etc.. so ya.. now u koe why I said like its a mini Orchard Road?

Then we like wanted to visit the Petronas Twin Towers but to our disappointment, we only managed to find the place like after an hour of walking, and when we went there, we juz realised tat there were no more tickets left for the Petronas Twin Towers Skybridge visit, as the tix were free-of-charge and its a tourist attraction.. haix.. such a pity..

Then we walked and walked the whole Suria KLCC, and then we decided to go to another attraction of theirs; the Aquaria.. Its like our underwater world at Sentosa.. so ya.. So we went there, and walk like a 15 min walk to the Aquaria, becos its another part of the building, and its super far lah! And so we really considered like 15 mins as to whether to go in, becos for foreigners, its like RM 38.. ex rite? But in the end, we decided to give it a try, since we walked so far liaox..

Went in, and then walk the whole Aquaria.. there was a section on rainforest as well.. so creepy crawlies were featured and I tell you, my goosepimples really stood up whenever I see them.. there was this super fat giant milllipede.. I at first took a picture of it, but delete it after tat, becos its been giving me the creeps.. *eeks*

Then Samuel gave us a scare.. he said tats all for the ocean part.. I was quite scared, becos if this is so, then I've wasted like RM 38.. I still dun believe becos I read tat there is like the tunnel thingy, and we had not walked yet.. so ya.. I asked one of the ppl and they said there is more.. so ya.. Thank God!

So ya.. went to the tunnel thingy, took a video.. so ya..

After we finished walking the Aquaria, we went to Chinatown which is quite a distance away, so we took the Monorail and then with the map, we walked.. but then we got lost.. Saw a 7-11 store and I went up and ask.. so they told us but then, the person spoke in Malay, and guess wat! I didnt understand.. I juz like nod my head.. ha..

After walking, we then realised tat we had walk 1 big round and was back at square one.. so to solve all problems, we took a cab.. and the cabs there was like simply no meter.. you juz say where u want to go, and then they quote u a price.. and of course which such a system, they see you tourist, and then they try to "cut your throat".. but we had no choice.. the taxi driver charged us RM 20 for a place which is abt 15 mins drive away.. I think it cld be lesser, but then becos its peak hour, and the traffic conditions there were real bad; the traffic lights seemed to spoil at peak hour, and the motorcyclists is wat pedestrians need to be aware of.. They have a mentality tat pedestrians give way to vehicles and not the other way round.. weird rite? I even see a motorcyclist juz go up the pedestrian curb and turn ard to go to other direction, instead of driving to a proper U-turn zone! Weird rite?

Anyway, we reached Chinatown and it was really Chinatown.. (a mix of pasar malam style and the Chinatown place in Singapore).. again, bought a few stuffs at a steal price and the Chinatown place really test my bargaining skills.. so ya.. I was nicknamed by my friends, the BEST bargainer! =).. Thanx to my shopping and talking skills =)

Then it was time for dinner.. We decided to eat street hawker stalls (though the sight of it was really dirty!), becos its true tat if you dun eat hawker stalls in Malaysia, then its not considered u been to Malaysia! So ya.. after much walking, we walked to a back alley and there was this zhi char stall which like a lot of ppl eat.. so we decided to juz sit there and eat..

And again, becos the Chinese Malaysians there speaks Cantonese, so therefore, I have to adapt to it and with my basic Cantonese, try to understand, and speak only a few basic words.. so ya..
We ordered sweet & sour pork, a fish ball soup (which was super big bowl and when it came, I was quite surprised at how are we going to finish!), blachan kangkong, egg omelette (commonly known as 'fu yong tan'), and, fried slice beef with spring onion.. so ya.. We waited 30 mins for our dinner to arrive at our table.. so we were like saying this food muz be very good..

And becos the sweet and sour pork was so good, we decided to order another plate, but then to our disappointed, the person told me no more liaox in Cantonese of course, and she suggested tat sweet and sour chicken or pork ribs! And then we said chicken.. but then we asked her how long, and she said 30 mins, and we was like cannot lah.. too long.. then we forget it.. so after everything, we got the bill and it only comes to RM 92.20.. which is abt S$45, and each person only pays S$9.. its super cheap loh! =)

Of course, its unanimously agreed tat this was our best meal ever! =) Until now, I'm still thinking abt the sweet and sour pork! Yummy!!

Went back to hotel in cab after tat from Chinatown, and for this, it only costs us RM 10.. and then we realised tat the earlier cab driver tat we took to Chinatown has really cheated us..

Anyway, the cab driver tat brings us back frm Chinatown to our hotel was really scary! The driver was not on safety belt, and I also didnt wear (was too lazy).. but I held on to the railing becos he drove so fast.. and he didnt care lah.. machiam like on a Initial D car like tat.. at times, he almost knocked into another vehicle, and he comes out of the small lanes which was totally unexpected (the small lanes were supposed to ne walk paths but u see.. now u koe why I said the traffic conditions there is real bad!).. so ya.. Quite scary but it was an experience..

Went back to the hotel room real shacked! After bathing, I slept immediately!

Day 3: 27/09/06 (Wednesday)

I actually "lai chuang" for abt 30 mins.. Mtg time for breakfast is like at 0800, but I had to wake up like 0700 becos there was 2 other ppl who need to use the toilet too.. so ya..

But I "lai chuang" until 0730.. then force myself to get up and then by the time my room mates were done, it was 0830.. haix.. so we went down for breakfast, but Sam & Yizhou were not down yet, so we ate..

And I didnt koe why I had such a big appetite.. I actually had ate more than yesterday's breakfast.. and it was the first time tat I tried the Nasi Lemak, and I muz say its very good! =).. Ate 2 bowls of porridge and a whole lot of other stuff.. so ya..
And I remembered tat yesterday there were not many Americans, and dun koe suddenly I ate breakfast, there were like so many American ppl! Weird isnt it? Of course you wld see the Americans never touch those Chinese stuff.. they only ate their bread and cereals.. haix.. real sad.. but on the other hand, I never touch those bread and all becos I was really sick of it liaox! ha..

By the time we were done, it was 1000, and then we went out to walk and do our last minute shopping, but realised tat the shops were not opened till 1130.. so we went back to our rooms and bathe and pack and stuff..

We all agreed to meet at hotel lobby at 1145.. then Boon Sen asked me whether do we need to tell them tat we decide to check out late at 1300.. the receptionist said ok, but only can be for 1 room.. so we decided and ask Yizhou and Sam to move their stuffs to our room.. so ya.. and so they did and after which, we went to do some last minute shopping..

After shopping, we were literally 10 mins away from the check out timing.. we were afraid tat if we check out late, charges wld be incurred.. so we rush out as fast as we cld! Managed to check out on time.. and then leave our baggage with the bell counter (but we didnt give tips becos we tot dun need, but of course, they didnt say anything lah, they juz look at us differently).. Then after which, we came back and then Sam said he forgot his jacket, and so he search in his luggage, and there was none.. so he requested to go up to his room to check.. and fortunately, the room was not cleared up yet, so he is able to find his things.. so ya..

And so we waited for the bus to arrive.. an old man arrive and we guess tat its our so call bus driver, we went up to him to confirm our seating and stuff.. so ya..

By 1500, we were up the bus and left KL for Singapore.. of course, we stop at Yong Peng again for dinner and at the same time, buy some Malaysia stuff back home.. so ya..

And at abt 1934 (still an hour plus frm reaching Singapore), I got a call frm my mum at home.. and so I picked up the call with my auto-roaming of course, and my mum was so worried as she thought I was still in Malaysia, when actually I'm abt an hour away from Singapore.. ha..

And so at 2115, we reached Golden Mile.. took a cab home with Boon Sen.. unpack a few stuff, bathe and then slept for the day! Super tired!

Yupz.. the above was my account of my 3D2N in KL.. exciting huh! ha.. I dun think its brief.. its only 80% detailed.. ha.. you all are fortunate tat I didnt include the other 20% details or u all wld be bored to death! =)

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 22 DAYS to ORD!!

Tired.. gtg and sleep liaox..

What a wonderful trip,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: