"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Saturday, September 02, 2006

My NSF days are numbered!!

Hey! You all koe sumthing? I'm actually now a member of MacDonald's! Ha.. unbelivable rite? I actually got nothing to do, so I join loh.. so guess now I'll have free meals frm Mac.. ha.. =P..

Anyway, woke up like at 0830.. And becos its a Saturday, there wld be usually job ads tat I look out for.. I was abt to give up hope in looking for a job becos the search has been futile for the past mth or so.. There was not a single food industry job anywhere la.. but then I decided yesterday to like take a look.. and low and behold, the first page has a job offer and its frm Malaysia Dairy Industries (who is responsible for the brand, Marigold).. Almost every criteria they state on the job specification fitted me so well.. so ya.. Quite happy.. so I did send my resume to them and my highest hope of getting employed rite after my ORD lies in them lah, becos they actually sponspred me $200 cash upon poly graduation as I was the best student in a subject called, "Product Development & Marketting".. So now you all koe why the biggest hope of me being employed is there? =)

After tat, its time for lunch and my mum went downstairs and bought it.. Quite nice actually.. probably I was too hungry!

Went to church with mum in cab.. When I reach church, saw Alvin.. Chatted with him lah.. Then soon, one by one, I started to meet familiar faces of my church youth grp, Generation Joshua, ppl like joshua, ash, nat, mok, jeremy, jaslyn, ryan & cat.. Then soon the adults came to me and they was like, "finally you appeared! [FYI: I MIA-ed frm church for abt 5 mths, due to NDP rehearsals and stuff!] So when you ROD?" Then each time, I had to correct them tat it is "ORD" instead of "ROD".. so ya..

Then joshua was telling me tat he got further reporting frm MINDEF to go for an NDU audition (NDU are the commandos of the sea.. In fdact, they have even the worst training than the commandos).. so Josh was like teling me tat he gonna "keng", but to his despair, ryan (who is a regular officer) told him tat he may still have the chance of entering NDU.. so ya..

Oh.. I had a pleasant surprise when we was abt to leave the church building for dinner.. My bro, Andrew, came and I was of course happy becos he told me earlier tat he wld not be comingbecos he had to do his assignment.. so ya.. but then, he appeared at the last minute.. so of course, I was happy lah! =).. So he joined us for dinner too.. so ya..

Church went on fine then a grp of us (andrew, alvin, josh, ash, nat, tash, hannah & myself) went to Cuppage Terrace to have our dinner.. Ate Yong Tau Foo for dinner.. Very cheap somemore.. 7 items with rice only cost $3.. Ate durian ice-kachang for dinner which Nat also ate it becos its his fave too!

After tat, we went up to Cuppage to meet the adults.. We went there to hitch a ride frm the adults to go to Tjow's dad wake which of course was a shocked thing to my whole church becos he was fine last week!.. So this wk he's passed away and of course its saddening lah.. Haix.. Guess life juz have to go on for Tjow since now his dad has passed away.. Now he have to juggle and manage himself, to be a good husband as well as a good father.. so ya.. poor thing.. it muz have put a lot of stress in him.. haix.. so ya.. of course like all wakes, I paid my last respect and man of man.. As I approached the coffin, I had this weird feeling tat my heart is really heavy.. I dun koe why.. But surprisingly, I didnt cry which I tot I wld.. so ya.. ha..

Stayed there till abt 2300 and Carlise gave me a lift home.. so ya.. While at the wake, I actually mingled with my Youth group further and we juz chat anything under the sun. So by the time I reach home, it was abt 0000 liaoz and by the time I sleep, its already 0030 and I have to wake up at 0530 to go back camp for P1 tml.. sianx..

Before I go, here is your weekly Singapore Idol 2 Updates.. so here goes..



This week is Soul & R&B theme week.. some of the songs were nice, whilst some of the songs, I dun koe wat they are singing, but its a minority few lah!

Oh.. Jon's performance is the best! He sang "Unforgettable" by Nat King Cole.. best! But he sang all the oldies this wk! Quite a refreshing change.. Oh.. Ken Lim (one of the judge) commented tat "Unforgettable" was Jon's best performance! so ya.. =)



Joakim Gomez is the latest contestant on Singapore Idol to be voted out!

He sang "Cherie Amour" by Stevie Wonder & "I Don't Want To Know" during the "Soul & R&B" theme for this week's Spectaculars Show (which happened last Wednesday, 31/08/06).. But I felt tat this was his best performace.. so ya..








But an interesting sight though.. As the cameras zoom into the judges after the credits roll, you can actually see the judges, Florence & Jacintha, having teary eyes!

But I like wat Joakim said in the end.. He said, "I'm glad tat I have given my best performance to the audience, and now, I can make my diginified exit".. so ya..

Feel so happy tat Joakim is thinking this way loh.. And yes.. My fave, Jonathan Leong, is still in the competition.. so ya.. Will continue to support him loh..

Oh.. did I told you all tat Joakim is joshua's (frm my church) primary school schoolmate? Best rite.. ha.. interesting..

Tired liaox.. so I shall you all soon ya.. Sianx.. need to sleep becos tml need to go back camp for P1.. haix..

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 47 DAYS to ORD!!

Sleepy head,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: