"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Friday, September 01, 2006

My GOH journey (17/02/06 - 01/09/06)

Well yes! After close to 6-7 mths of countless amt of sweat, remembering each command given and executing them sharply, and not forgetting the scolding by the RSMs, my GOH journey for 2006 has officially ended today (1/9)..

Its a bit sad for me lah.. I really dun koe how to explain.. its juz.. unexplainable! so ya.. but then again, with this ending of this GOH journey, you all koe wat this means? I have to go back shift and mount duty! Sianx.. -_-|||

And I wld definately miss all the new friends tat I've made in my GOH journey over the last few mths, namely they are, Ann Tat (my best GOH buddy - frm CAB), Jason (frm CAB), Cheeyong (frm CAB), Boonkian (frm CAB), 3SG Joshua (frm CAB), Weixiong (frm CAB), Ernest (frm TAB), Noel (frm TAB), Junyong (frm PLAB), George (frm PLAB)..
And of course how could I forget tat its in this GOH journey, tat I've met my secondary school friend (Zijing frm TAB) whom I've lost contact like for abt 4 yrs, and this is actually a chance meeting as well.. so ya..
Thank you guys for making this GOH journey such a memorable one for me.. I would not have pass thru this long period of 7 mths so easily without you guys.. The laughter, the crap and the s*it we gone thru each wk together during rehearsals are definately dearly missed.. Gonna miss ya all so much.. *sobs*

I would also like to thank my GOH shift sgts (namely, Sgt Zhiwen, Sgt Yifu, Sgt Weiming, Sgt Wenjie, Sgt Kunwei & Sgt Stanley..) for also making my GOH journey a memorable one.. Though you sgts have gone on separate ways (either mount duty with different shift or becoming Course Instructors), but you ppl have actually made my GOH journey much more meaningful.. I remember the times where we mounted duty together and stuff.. so fun.. haix.. but guess all good things must come to an end.. so ya.. haix.. sad..

Last but not least, I would also like to thank my GOH shift ppl for making this experience a more meaningful one.. If without you guys, I think I would just die of boredom in the GOH rehearsals lah.. Though sometimes you guys get on my nerves by all the things tat you've said, but I koe tat its all in the name of fun!.. so ya.. Dun blame you all lah.. Thanx again for all the fun and memories! =)

Ok.. enuf of thanks liaox.. or else u wld see me cry lah.. ha..

Today's RSAF Day Parade is a total failure.. here's why..

(1) 1 sgt frm Paya Lebar Airbase (PLAB) fainted whilst we observe a minute of silence! And the worst thing is tat he is a GOH personnel and in the FRONT row somemore.. haix..
(but I heard he fell face-down and hard somemore.. I think his face sure 'buang' already..

(2) When my GOH contingent came in, some of them (including the front row) march wrong hand wrong leg (ie, ppl march right leg, they march wrong leg).. According to them, they said the band suddenly change rhythm, so tat explains their wrong steps.. so ya.. But to me, I have no problem! In fact, I didnt even notice tat there was a change in rhythm.. I juz march loh.. and when I see ppl march wrongly, I opened my mouth and gave timing.. so ya.. then most of them ok.. so ya..

(3) The Parade RSM at times march wrong leg too when the Colour Party was forming up for the march past!

(4) 1 personnel frm the supporting contingent also did faint despite the Chief Warrant for RSAF told us tat there should not be anyone faint in the Parade.. so ya.. but you see.. this still happens..

(5) When we went there, we had the sadistic reserve Parade RSM to march us on the spot (aka henta-kakki) for our component training.. he claimed tat it is warmup.. but prior to tat, we had abt a min of henta-kakki too by the Parade RSM which he claimed tat it was warm-up too.. so ya..

(6) During march past, I almost forgot to tilt back my head after the command was given.. I actually was slower by 2 secs.. Wonder anyone saw it? hmmm..
The reason why I was slow is becos I was concentrating too much on the keeping distance between the Colour Party and my GOH contingent.. so ya.. Of course, there were photographs taken of me as well during the march past, so it felt quite good lah.. so probably tats why I didnt tilt my back in time lah!

(7) This morning, after I put my contacts in my left eye, and it appear tat it didnt fit right well.. so I took out, and guess wat.. I was so surprised tat my contacts tore.. I was shocked! But fortunately I had an extra pair in bunk.. so ya.. So manage to settle it lah.. Thank God! =)

Haix.. this is one of the worst Parades lah.. disappointing.. my last Parade becomes like tat.. sianx..

After drill, came back to bunk and go to Cookhouse to eat lunch.. After tat, bathe and then pack and bring back watever stuff tat needed to be brought home (becos going to ORD liaox mahx, so need to bring back some stuff which I dun need..).. but of course, not all.. I'm only abt 3/4 done!! So ya.. the rest have to be brought back when I start to clear leave.. but now, my bunk cupboard is like half-empty liaox and my drawer is like super light becos of the sound when I close it.. Last time it didnt have such sound loh.. so ya.. Juz realised I got loads of stuff which I didnt use loh and its like rubbish loh.. haix..

Shared cab home with Boon Sen becos the stuff are simply too heavy liaox! Imagine me with 2 full bags and my No. 1 uniform.. My shoulders almost broke lah, becos of the weight of the bags.. so ya..

Reached home.. I on the computer and then now blog loh.. so efficient rite.. haha.. =P

Ok lah.. gtg liaox.. Eat dinner and later attend cell grp at my house.. so ya.. So tml I'm on off.. so can sleep in again.. Yeh!! =).. Cya ppl tml loh!

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 48 DAYS to ORD!!

All good things must come to an end,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: