"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

My last duty with mixed feelings

My last duty was quite a siong one.. though there are new ppl, but then duties are still as shiong.. dun koe why.. maybe becos they need at least a senior guy to teach the new guys, becos the new guys are on OJT (On Job Training).. so ya..

But wat I was so disappointed is tat I did NOT get the chance to attend my LAST CO Parade.. ya.. no doubt I was taking the risk of attending the CO Parade without cutting my hair (becos I think my hair is short enuf and I want to cut it only after my Malaysia trip, to look my best for my cousin's wedding end of Sept..)..
During the morning, one of my friends told me tat I dun need to go for CO Parade becos another guy and me have to guard another gate.. and I tell you.. guarding tat gate is super boring lah.. and we had to stay there frm 0800-1400 (6 hrs!).. super bored! No amount of talking to each other will help! And we was like chatting in MSN the other nite tat we hope we wont be the "lucky" 2 to go to the gate and do duty.. but haix.. =(

After went back to the restroom after 1400, I was greeted with another table duty frm 1700-2100.. so ya.. during the 4 hr period, I got 2 new guys under me for 2 hrs each.. so the first one I taught him abt the table stuff for 2 solid hrs! The nxt one came in, I managed to concise everything to abt an hr!.. so ya.. can see they are getting bored with my explanation, so I sped up the process.. Dun say.. I even find myself very long-winded.. but no choice, becos if I dun do this, then they wld not understand all the things.. so you can see.. I actually tok NON-STOP for 1 hr! so ya.. so you can see the number of things tat Table ppl needs to do.. so ya.. At the same time, I was encouraging them to ask questions (watever they didnt koe).. I want it to be a 2 way thing rather than 1 way.. so ya..

So ya.. after 2100, I went to rest.. then I started my "lectures" again from 0500-0900.. this time, 2 new guys come in at each time and they do 2 hrs each.. so ya..

So you can see.. I have repeated my "1-hr lecture" for 4 times over the past 24 hrs.. so ya.. and not bad.. I had taught 6 new guys.. juz hope they wld be as detailed as me when they do table duty loh.. so ya..
Then when I see them actually carry out wat I told them and do it correctly, like help change pass or take keys and follow all my instructions as wat I taught them, I juz felt this sense of happiness and satisfaction.. hmm.. now I koe why teachers felt so good when they students do well in their exams! =)

Then everyone kept asking me when my last duty.. and I was like telling them "today".. then they were shocked.. See how modest I was! I never tell ppl I last duty until they asked! =P..

Just yesterday, I felt very excited abt my last duty today.. but after finish my last duty, I didnt felt anything.. but come to think of it, I somewhat felt sad tat it is my last duty.. I dun koe why.. there is this missing space in me lah!.. I think I've grown attached to Shift 1 liaox.. the ppl, the specs and my PC (aka officer).. I dun koe lah.. and moreover, there are new guys.. really want to interact with them more (like toking to them and like imparting other stuff abt our duties to them.. I think I have a passion for teaching.. so ya..)
Btw, do you all koe tat I have always wanted to become a teacher when I was young? I dun koe why.. but now, it doesnt seem so liaox lah, becos of my Diploma and sumthing.. so ya.. sad rite.. haix..

Then came home and took cab with Alex (my shift mate who stays so near me!).. I actually called cab and I was so paiseh for making the cab driver wait so long (all becos of the last min thing I inform Alex tat I wld be cabbing home becos I got to bring home my duffel bag and stuff!), becos the cab driver called me 3 times and send me an SMS for waiting so long.. so ya.. I think the cab driver was tired of waiting, becos he told me he got 'tua' 3 times this morning.. so ya..
Then I actually drag my duffel bag past the X-Ray where one of the new guys (who is in another shift, but I did duty with him during the exercise period in base last wk!).. he asked me where am I going with the duffel bag? I told him I last duty.. and guess wat.. he was shocked too lah! =)
Anyway, Alex actually suggested he wanted to split the cab cost with me since he was taking cab, but becos its my last day and moreover I dun stop him at his house, I said I wld pay the full cost lah.. but once the cab reached my hse, Alex said he might as well continue home with the cab.. so the cab fare was close to $11.00.. I gave him $12 and asked him keep the change.. so ya.. =)..

Then came home.. had lunch then I bathe.. and then I juz remembered tat becos nxt wk I'm going to Malaysia, I have to let my OC sign the excuse recall form.. so ya.. So you koe wat this means? I have to go back camp and make the special trip to do it, or else, I cant go to Malaysia! Fortunately, I tot of it or else I dun need to go to Malaysia liaox..
So I began SMS-ing the appropriate ppl asking them abt this signing of excuse recall form.. so I got the replies.. and then, I told my friends, Boon Sen, Kokwei, Yizhou & Samuel tat they need to sign too.. so we decided to meet up on Fri (22/9) to go back camp and sign.. so ya.. Juz hope my OC approves it and we can find him in a jiffy lah, becos afternoon I got to meet my parents to spend some family time.. so ya =).. So pray for me ok? Pray tat it wld be approved! Thanx.. or else ah, my trip which I paid wld juz be gone like tat! So I dun want this to happen lah.. so ya.. Thanx for praying in advance! =)

I feel like going swimming or running tml now tat I'm on leave (starting tml).. see how lah!
I'm bingeing for the mth of October.. becos nxt wk I'm going to KL to eat and shop, then nxt sun, I'm going to Kuishinbo for my celebration feast for my job.. then 10 days later, I'm attending another wedding (my mum's niece) dinner.. then on 21/10, I have my church's anniversary dinner at York Hotel.. so ya.. so its eating and more eating.. If I dun exercise, I think I wld simply grow fat lah.. so ya.. =)

So ya.. lots to blog today huh.. lots of mixed feelings too.. ok lah.. gtg liaox..

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 29 DAYS to ORD!!

Grown attached to Shift 1 and sad to leave them,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: