"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, September 07, 2006

My first job interview is here!!

Wednesday (06/09/06)

This is the first day tat I mounted duty with Shift 1 and I muz say its a pleasant experience.. Its like a totally new environment where last time in my GOH Shift is one man to oneself, but for Shift 1, its like they help each other in watever they do.. and you can see that Shift 1 is really united.. so ya.. so anyway, its quite comforting to koe this lah.. And I can safely say tat I DUN regret mounting or be in Shift 1 becos this is the kind of shift spirit tat I always wanted!! =)

I was originally slated to go to Eastern for duty but becos there were too many ppl going, so therefore I gave up my place to Samuel (my bunk mate).. see.. I so good rite =P

My duty for the day is like 8.5 hrs and in the day by 1300, I was done with my day duty and rested till the nite for my nite duty.. but of course, not before doing and practicing the various contingency drills.. so by the time the drill and debrief ended, its almost time for me to carry on with my nite duty.. Shortly after, I went down to another gate and do duty.. But its always weird.. whenever I'm in tat guardroom do duty, its always like always not enuf sleep though the resting hrs are the same.. so ya.. guess its not enuf oxygen in tat guardroom, so tat results in my tiredness.. haix..

Thursday (07/09/06)

Dismounted frm duty in the morning with a whole lot of debriefs and then dismounted duty with of course feeling so shacked!!

Then came home and once I stepped home, my mum told me tat my neighbour wanted me to help her in printing and editing her resume for her job application.. And so after bathing, I quickly settle it and she again told me tat she wanted me to go to her hse to see wats wrong with her printer becos it cldnt print.. so ya..

So there I did and I went to my neighbour hse.. 10 mins later, my mum picked up a call and said its for me.. And when I picked up the call, it was a pleasant surprise; the HR personnel frm Malaysia Dairy Industries (Marigold) called me and asked me when can I go for the job interview!

I was of course filled with shock becos never did I expect a job interview to arrive so fast.. and its frm the company which I had very high hopes of (stated in my blogpost on 02/09/06).. so ya.. so after much interaction between the HR personnel, I've settled for an interview at 1530 today!!

So when I first received the call, it was 1300.. and the worse thing is tat I have not change nor had my lunch nor prepare the important documents for a job interview - my portfolio (where I compile all my certs, etc).. so I actually had abt an hr to prepare and stuff.. at the same time, have my lunch.. so ya..

And of course I rushed my way thru and took a cab to the place.. by the time I reach there, it was only 1445.. and so I filled up the job application form (which took me abt 10 mins.. so many questions lah..), and then I waited and waited.. so whilst waiting, I read thru the part of my Industrial Attachment Logbook (esp. the dairy part!), becos I was afraid when they asked me questions, I dun koe how to answer! I wld think if I waited longer, I wld juz sleep lah.. too shacked liaox.. so ya..

And becos there was an urgent mtg, the HR personnel had to attend the mtg before she met me for the interview.. and by the time she met me, it was already 1630.. so ya..
So when I'm inside the mtg room, all sorts of questions/possible job scenerios were being bombarded "in front of me".. and the scariest thing is tat its not only the HR personnel is there, there is also the assistant production manager.. so ya.. so I muz be very careful with wat I say as well as the facts tat I told them.. so ya.. so there was a certain amt of stress.. there were a lot of "what ifs" in my mind; "what if I cldnt answer the questions posed to me?" "what if I say the wrong thing?".. etc..
FYI: If you are curious wat post I'm interviewing for, its actually of a post of Production Executive/Supervisor.. so ya.. if you want to koe the exact details, ask me then.. I dun wanna type it in this blog.. as well as I dun wanna bore you ppl =).. so ya..

But thank God, I'm able to answer all of their questions.. And I actually talk NON-STOP for the whole duration of the interview.. I talk until my mouth was dry lah.. so ya.. ha.. =P.. so by the time I was done with my interview, it was already 1730.. a solid hr of interview!! Power rite? ha..

So they say they wld give me a reply in 1-2 wks time, as to whether I'm employed.. so I'm of course anxiously waiting for their reply! =).. so see how lah!
If I'm employed, my first work day shld be 19/10/06 (a day after I take my pink IC).. so ya.. cool rite!

Then came home feeling real shacked, so I decided to take a cab home again!! so ya..

Then my mum was asking how is this and tat.. how the interview went and stuff.. so I told her lah.. after tat, eat dinner and then on my sis laptop, blogging this blogpost loh, becos I want to watch TV mahx..

Ok liaox.. gtg.. real shacked! need to sleep.. tml need to mount duty again and I wont be home till nxt tues (12/09).. so till then, tata and take care! =)

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 42 DAYS to ORD!!

Cheerios,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: