"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I'm OFFICALLY employed!!

Woohoo! I'm officially employed.. and you koe wat this means? This means tat once I ORD, a job wld be waiting for me.. so ya.. =).. read on to find out more! =)

Well.. I have been really busy over the past few days! And yes, I did not booked out for the past 3 days.. this is due to some reasons which I cant say in this blogpost.. so ya.. But wat I can tell you is tat I have been mounting duty non-stop for these 3 days, and its not really physically torturing, but its more of being tortured mentally, due to not enuf sleep and stuff and at the same time, have to do duty.. so ya.. The past few days has got to be one of the worst mountings I had..

But one thing did really spur me on to carry on doing my duty despite my tiredness, and tat is I got a call from my company to say tat I'm successfully employed, juz within 2 days after my interview.. Originally, they told me tat within 1-2 wks they wld give me a reply, and then juz as I left, the HR personnel told me this wk she would tell me a reply.. but never did I expect juz 2 short days after my interview, I was confirmed employed in Malaysia Dairy Industries..
(FYI: Malaysia Dairy Industries produces food products of the brand, Marigold.. they also produce Vitagen as well.. so ya.. )

Of course, I'm confirmed employed but not a confirmed staff, becos I have to undergo a 6 mth probation period.. so ya.. very long hor? Tats wat I also tot! In this 6 mths, I wld NOT be allowed to take any leave except on medical, legal or compassionate grounds.. sad rite?.. so you koe wat this means? I CAN'T go to my church's Youth camp which is in December.. haix.. =(.. Sorry Tjow & Carlise who are pining so high hopes on me who is hoping tat I wld be able to attend.. so ya.. but I can still do publicity though, and probably pop by in the evening, becos my office is so nearby! =).. so ya..

So today I went down to the company by cab and sign the employment letter, and of course, there is a whole lot of terms and conditions.. of which, the working hrs and salary section really interested me.. haha..

My working hrs are:
Mon - Fri : 0730 - 1600
Sat: 0730 - 1130
(Suns & Public Holidays NOT working)

My salary is stated as $1500 before all the various deductions like CPF & company's MVC ($1500 is my expected salary which I've written in my resume, and this is the market rate for Diploma holders - I found out from my friends in the market liaox!)
MVC (Monthly Variable Component) - This is an amt ( I think 3%) tat the company will deduct, so in the event tat the company cannot make money, they wld the MVC built-up fund and help to tide the business.. So in this way, the employee wld not need to be retrenched or have a pay/CPF cut.. so ya..

After the signing session, I went to City Hall MRT to meet Boon Sen as he wants to accompany me to take my sunglass frm YES! Eyeware stall.. so sweet rite? So ya.. so we took the shuttle bus from Funan area to Suntec..

The first thing I did was to go to Kuishinbo Restaurant to reserve a place for nxt Sunday (24/9).. becos you koe why? To celebrate my start of leave as well as also found a job! so ya.. can't wait for nxt Sun man! =).. Then the next day, I'm gonna for my KL trip.. then later in the week, got to attend my cousin's wedding at Botanic Gardens! Its super busy and eating and more eating.. ha.. =P.. I'm gonna grow fat! I think whilst the period after the wedding, I muz go and exercise.. either swim or run.. so ya..

Then after which, we went to Gelare and had the waffles (we initially didnt koe it at first its tues, half price for waffles.. then we see our calendars carefully, its tues.. so ya.. we had one each..).. I had the waffle with chocolate overload ice-cream and tat cost me only $5.50.. cheap rite =).. so ya..

Then went to walk walk and I actually wanted to go buy a Nike T-shirt, but then seeing the material was not worth the price, so I didnt.. Then went to Giordano, dun have clothing I like.. so ya.. Then went to YES! Eyeware & collect my sunglass, and to my surprise, the person (whom I koe and is the operations manager) came and find me and she told me tat they have changed a new set for me, becos the stocks juz came in, and its exectly the same.. so ya.. =)

Oh! I actually met my sec sch friend, Eugene Mah at my base today whilst I was on duty! It all begins like this..
I was doing the pass office duty and I knew from one of shift mate tat 2 new officers are newly posted into my squadron.. so ya.. then when they do a check, they told me that one of the new officers were declaring a contraband item.. so ya.. and so he came.. then I asked him, "Sir, can I help?"..
He stared at me for a while, and then he replied, "I want to declare this.. are you from St. Andrew's?"..
I replied (of course, I was filled with shocked becos its like this is so unfamiliar!), "Ya.. and you are..?"
He replied, "Eugene"..
Becos I koe a lot of Eugenes, I proceeded to see his nametag (particularly his nametag!), and I saw his surname, then immediately I knew who he was! so ya.. so I chatted with him briefly lah, becos the pass office is super busy.. I've got like 1001 things to settle in there (change pass, entertain phone calls, reply to pyset msgs, taking keys, etc) and I'm the only sole person doing it!.. so ya..
So its like today I have met with another lost contact sec sch classmate! Haix.. If only he could have been posted in earlier.. haix.. =(.. but its good to see another good friend of mine lah! =)

Anyway, came home and rested and then go for the employment letter signing and then to suntec.. Came home by MRT and then pack my bag for tml.. Tml is another mounting duty day.. haix.. sianx.. =(.. but never mind! I got real little duties left, so I'm like treasuring the remaining time I have in my shift.. =)..
Of course, there are some of my friends who finished their last duty today and they juz awaiting their IC.. so ya.. really envy!
Of course, I koe of some ppl who are going to ORD liaox (not yet last duty!) but have no mood to do duty at all, so they tried all ways and means to escape (NSFs shld koe wat I'm toking abt!.. hahax..).. but I for sure wont do it, becos its simply an act of dishonesty.. so ya..

Ok lah.. very tired! need to sleep.. got duty tml.. cya ppl on Thurs (14/9)..

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 37 DAYS to ORD!!

Anxious to work,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: