"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Saturday, September 16, 2006

My duty as a "Table Boy"...

Did duty yesterday but as a "PIKACHU" (a term for unfit-for-duty personnel, but the correct long term of it is "pai-ka-pai-chiu"), becos yesterday, I went to my camp doctor to report for my foot rot (its super disgusting, so dun ask!), which is unbearable liaox! Its getting worse.. so ya.. but of course, its still salvagable.. so ya..

Anyway, yesterday marks the last day where the attached PLAB ppl to our base for duty.. After they are gone, the restroom seemed so quiet.. its quite sad for me to see the PLAB ppl gone.. haix.. I miss them lah.. not to mention tat when we initially fall in, my whole squadron was like ghost town, becos the FDC trainees and their instructors were like on their well-deserved off.. so ya.. quite scary actually, becos I'm not used to such quietness.. so ya..

So after abt an hour of getting my status, I went for my NSmen talk and proceeded to my bunk for my last PC interview with my officer.. so ya.. After which, its changed to the necessary "PIKACHU" uniform and went down for duty..

My duty hrs were quite shiong, but judging by the duties I'm doing, I shld not complain.. so ya.. So did duty the whole nite..

Came home and blog this blogpost loh.. then rest a while before going to church.. Church was all right.. its quite fun to see all my church mates again after a 2 wk absence! so ya.. talk and catch up a lot as usual.. =)

so ya.. and its duty tml again.. and guess wat! My OC made a new standing order tat we are gonna draw arms at 0730 instead of 0745! I was like totally sianx lah, when I heard the news! =(.. Becos its a weekend and if I take bus, my first bus wld be 0635-0640 instead of the normal 0622-0630, and then I still have to switch buses at AMK Interchange, and the frequency is super long lah.. so you tell me, how I reach my bunk in time to change and stuff! Moreover, tml the base does not have the normal transport which they had on weekday mornings, becos tml is a Sunday!.. so ya.. So imagine I reach my front gate at 0705, then I still muz walk to my bunk which takes me another 15-20 minutes!.. I dun need to change (no doubt its juz a t-shirt, shorts & sandals)? I dun need to prepare? WTH loh!.. haix.. but wat to do? SAF teaches us to complies to orders, so we have no choice but to comply to it.. haix.. =(.. Fortunately going to ORD liaox, or else, I wld die loh..
So you koe wat this means? I have to take cab liaox.. Mon nite (which is the day we dismount) need to go back to base, becos nxt day got CO Parade.. sianx.. Then wednesday after dismount, need to call and take cab home.. gosh! These 3 days my transport wld be like cab all the way.. My cab fare for these 3 days, I budget at $30.. I dun even koe whether enuf.. sianx.. =(

Ok lah.. gtg and bathe and sleep liao! Oh.. not forgetting I have to apply my medication for foot rot and stuff.. haix.. mount duty tml.. sianx lah! =(

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 33 DAYS to ORD!!

Pressing on for the last stretch,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: