"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Saturday, September 30, 2006

The Ghui Family Reunion!

My immediate family at the wedding.
We are all dressed up for the occasion! =)


Yesterday marks the wedding of my cousin, Sue Lynn (if you all dun koe, she is the lady in the picture which is also the bride of the wedding lah!)..
This is one of the best photos tat I took yesterday, becos one thing is tat she is so pretty, and another, its been a very LONG while since I saw her! She said she didnt see me for 10 years, which I obviously dun think so, or maybe it is? I dun koe.. Dun wish to koe and dun wish to think, becos the more I think of it, the more stressed I become, becos it make me sound so old! Hahahx.. =P
Anyway, the wedding was held at Burkill Hall, Singapore Botanic Gardens. Its quite a nice feeling actually (with all the love in the air and stuff..), and its been a while since I've attended weddings.. =)

The place was so beautiful and its like one of my dream places to get wed there! It really looks like those wedding moments in Hollywood movies and stuff! Dun you think so?
Anyway, the photo you see here on the left, is actually a view of the ceremonial garden from the top of the balcony! So nice rite? It looks so cosy and all! =)
Because of yesterday's wedding, I'm really inspired to get married.. haha.. When the time comes lah har...

My family was like the first one to be there like at 1700, when the whole event actually only starts at 1800.. but this is good also lah, becos I get to take some exclusive photos before nightfall =).. So ya..

Soon at abt 1745, my extended family members (my dad brothers' families) came and then we had a short time of phototaking and stuff! =) Then I proceeded downstairs for the cocktails.. And man.. I drank a LOT of alcohol yesterday (during the cocktail session + dinner).. here is the breakdown:

- 2 glasses of WHITE WINE (1 during the cocktail session, and another is after dinner)
- 1 glass of RED WINE (during the cocktail session)
- 1 glass of VODKA with sprite (during the cocktail session)

Now you koe how much an alcoholic I am huh! =).. Well.. its only occasions then I drink lah.. if there is wine, wat for I drink beer? Beer is for low-class people.. =P.. But after trying almost all the alcohol they have there, I still like the white wine! Its much more fruity in taste! =).. But the red wine is not so bad too; its not those really dry ones.. I wld think its a young wine or sumthing, so therefore, it is not really dry.. so ya.. Man.. I sound more like a wine taster or sumthing huh.. hahax..

Dinner was a buffet western spread, and of all the stuff tat was there, I like the "spaghetti with cream sauce" best! Its tat yummy lah, but 1 serving is enough to make you full; its tat rich! so ya.. Oysters were also served, but then its too big for my liking and I dun like the real "fishy" taste.. so ya.. The mango pudding is not bad, though its obviously some artificial stuff.. but overall, I would rate yesterday's dinner buffet spread as 8 out of 10 stars (btw, its Kriston Catering.. so ya..), and the ambience of the place 9 out of 10 stars! =)

Oh.. my immediate family and I did not have any tables to sit due to the lack of tables, so my mum asked, and the waiter brought us to another section of the building, where we dine in alfresco style, and wat's best is tat we didnt expect tat we actually had PERSONALISED service (juz for the 4 of us)!.. Tats great isn't it? =) and we start to see our extended family members passing by (when they take their food to their table) and told us tat its a great idea to have our own personal space! Soon, we saw after they are done with their meals, they brought their desserts into our "personal space" and at the same time, make use of the personalised service (provided by the waiters) to order coffee/tea, which I think the rest of the diners dun koe tat there are coffee/tea being served, becos I didnt see any coffee/tea cups on the tables.. so ya.. so of course, it was a blessing in disguise lah! =)

Besides the dinner, I also had a good time catching up with my other younger cousins, and then also spoke to one of my ORD-ed (on 29/09/06) cousin (who is the same age as me too!) .. so ya..
And I guess as much tat they asked abt my jobs (esp. my aunty who said so loud when she saw me, and almost everyone in my extended family turn around and look, and of course heard it lah.. I think if my aunty didnt say anything, this whole saga of me who found a permanent job already wld still remain a hush-hush affair!).. anyway, I repeated myself for abt 5 times (becos different ppl asking me mahx), telling them when I start work, my job company and my position.. so ya.. and so many ppl asked me when I R.O.D., and I told them 10 yrs later.. hahax.. its true wat! So I corrected them and told them tat its O.R.D. and NOT R.O.D.. so glad they koe lah! Ha..

Then the dinner ended with the groom singing the song, "Grow Old With You" by Adam Sandler (shown in the movie, "The Wedding Singer").. and I tell you.. its so romantic, sweet and touching, tat any longer, I wld tear lah.. hahax.. but I didnt of course!

The rest of my extended family went to my aunty's hse for some more coffee/tea and catching up, whilst my immmediate family went home, becos we were extremely tired.. dun koe why.. so ya..

So came home, bathe and now blog this post loh! Very sleepy liaox.. Gtg and sleep.. Tml is another day.. =)

(PS: The photos for the weddings are up liaox.. go to Photo Gallery > My Family Events > Sue Lynn's Wedding (30/09/06) Photos!)

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 19 DAYS to ORD!!

Weddings are juz so fun to be in,
<<< abriel >>>

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Linκ exchange is nothіng еlse but it is οnly plаcіng the οther ρersοn's webpage link on your page at proper place and other person will also do same for you.

my blog tens machines for sale