"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Trip settled but kenna fine!!

Haix.. today is an unfortunate (in Hokkien, they call it "sway") day for me lah.. haix.. read on...

I received a call yesterday frm the tour agency tat my hotel confirmation is confirmed liaox, however, Hotel is charging an additional S$10 per night (as a surcharge) for our triple sharing room.. So becos we stayed 2 nites in the triple sharing room (which is a bigger room - deluxe room : which has 2 queen size beds), there is a total of S$20 for 2 nites!.. haix.. so each one of us have to fork out $158.20 instead of $154.20.. (an additional $4 per person loh!).. so ya..
Then the person asked me yesterday whether is all rite.. I could only answer her, "I guess I have to accept it right? Do I have a choice.."

So ya.. so I've got full payments frm 2 persons yesterday nite liaox, so becos its enuf to pay the balance, I therefore decided to go to the tour agency in Beach Road to pay loh, since today I'm on off.. so want to settle this once and for all..

So in the morning after I woke up, ate my breakfast, went to withdraw the money frm my account and put it in my UOB account to pay the balance.. I dun want to like carry so much cash ard.. so ya..

Then the nearest UOB Bank is at Serangoon Gardens.. so I took a bus frm my place to Serangoon Gardens loh.. then after tat, I wanted to go to Beach Road.. so bus 136 came but then wat I didnt realise is tat it didnt go the way which I tot it wld go.. so in the end, I was somehow "hor-lan" but then find my way back to a familiar place to take bus.. but I've walked close to 2km to the place becos I hor-lan mahx.. remember? =).. I was so so tempted to take a cab and settle once and for all, but nevertheless, I didnt lah.. becos wanna save money =)

When I reach tat familiar place, went to a bus-stop which has buses which I koe confirm will go to Beach Road.. its either bus 100 or bus 133.. so ya..

In the end, bus 133 came, boarded the bus and sat till Lavendar MRT (which a norm becos the bus doesnt alight me directly in front of Golden Mile Complex, unlike bus 100, but bus 100 takes quite long to reach.. so ya..)

Then I was like doing my normal route.. cut thru the HDB flats and then jaywalk this stretch of road.. and guess wat! I kenna stopped by the Traffic Policeman (TP) who was situated there.. I at first was like wondering how come nobody jaywalk, which usually I saw ppl do so.. but then I guess it was too early, so no one did so..

When I cross the road midway, I heard 1 old man shouting "aiyoh".. but didnt care becos I tot he is mad or sumthing.. then, I saw tat traffic policeman (TP) asking me to go over and he started to question me..

TP: "Are you in a hurry?"
Me: "Ya.. I'm mtg my friends in 5 minutes at Golden Mile (I said a lie lah! shhh..).. so I guess I'm running late.."

TP: (Thinks a while..) "Do you koe its very dangerous to jaywalk?"
Me: "Err.. ya.."

TP: "There are pedestrian crossings and overhead bridge. Why you didnt use them? I'm sure it won't take much of your time by using these road-safety facilities right?"
Me: "Ya.."

TP: "Are you a local or a foreigner?"
Me: "Local. (I wanted to tell him foreigner then see wat is his response, but didnt in the end, becos if kenna find out, dun koe wat else they wld charge me with!")

TP: "As a Singaporean, you should know the rules of the road..."
Me: (I was juz expecting a warning frm the TP saying tat next time don't do it again or you would be booked!)

TP: "Can you pass me your IC? You would be fine $20 for jaywalking!"
Me: (Shocked!)(Pass him my IC) I then asked how I going to make the payment?

TP: "In 2 wks time, you are gonna receive a letter frm the Traffic Police saying tat you have to pay your fine, and you can do so at the AXN stations!"
Me: "Ok.. " (went off with a pissed off and disappointed look!)

Then I was thinking how come today I so sway? Paid $20 for something which I've done like over and over again in years and no one told me tat I'm not suppose to jaywalk along tat stretch of road! Never did I see or heard ppl have been fined by TP for something minor like jaywalking! And the TP ppl were so good man.. they camouflage themselves so well lah! haix.. Its either I'm blind or they camouflage themselves so well.. haix.. Its like usually in camp I catch ppl commit offences, but now, I'm the one who kenna caught.. haix.. sianx..

Reached the tour agency and paid the balance liaox.. then went home in bus 100.. cant be bother to go back to Lavendar MRT and take bus (though its faster).. super pissed off lah.. I lost $20 juz like tat.. haix..

After tat, I SMSed a few friends abt my fine.. then come home, I msged ppl on MSN telling them tat I got a fine and all of them thought it was a joke (becos they have also never heard ppl got fine becos of jaywalking lah!).. I told them the whole story and they sympathise with me lah (except for one guy.. who said, "serve me rite".. dun wish to reveal who he is.. dun koe whether its purposely or playfully lah.. but watever! he koe who he is!).. haix.. super sway..

Juz thinking abt this incident, I was super angry lah! haix.. but wat to do? I tot I can have a clean record, but now, see.. I've not even drive and I got a traffic offence liaox.. haix.. can't imagine if I drive, wld there be any? hahax.. when I drive then talk lah hor =)

Then ya.. reached home and went to buy lunch (which was teochew porridge, which was yummy but expensive!).. juz 3 dishes (some mince meat, stingray and salted raddish fried egg cost me a whopping $4) and the porridge is $0.50.. real ex lah! haix..

After my lunch, bathe and blog loh.. Then as my usual practice, I wld see my friends' blogs b4 I continued blogging.. and I actually saw one of my sgt's (Sgt Yifu) blogs in Friendster, and man oh man.. It was certainly touching! I almost teared whilst reading his post.. he actually paid "tribute" and said how he miss the GOH shift (after 1/9, our shift wld be permanently "broken up" and all of us wld juz go back to the shifts and each of us go our separate way for some will clear leave for ORD and stuff!..)
So thinking of which, I may well miss my GOH shift too! It's juz like last yr.. its very hard to break up after close to 6 mths together, toiling thru all the bad and good times tat we as a shift had to bear! so ya.. haix.. this shift is breaking soon after 01/09/06.. so sad.. oops.. I better stop or else, I wld tear! Its real sad.. Never mind.. I shall leave until after 1/9 then I blog abt the breakup the shift and express my thanks and stuff.. but in the meantime, there is like 3 more days tat we (as a GOH Shift) can bond and gel with each other.. so ya.. I will definately cherish the 3 days I will have with the shift =)..

Ok lah.. enuf said! I'm gonna log off Internet soon, as I got to eat my dinner and bk in tonite by 2300, becos tml morning have 1 last drill rehearsal before the actual Parade on 1/9.. so ya..

Cya soon ppl! =)

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 51 DAYS to ORD!!

Sway kid,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: