"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Monday, August 28, 2006

Rehearsals & more rehearsals...

Woke up super shacked and early this morning at 0545, becos 0630 draw arms and 0645 fall in as bus come to my base to pick us up to Tengah Airbase for our rehearsals..

I tell you when I reached there, I was super shacked! I had no mood to do drills at all! Do you believe it? I almost fell asleep whilst doing the drills and I felt giddy at times! But I still perservere on.. Though I felt myself very unsteady at times when I tried to march straight and balance myself.. so ya..

Anyway, after which, went back camp (and guess wat! I slept so soundly in the bus lah, tat I didnt even koe we have reached back camp! Its like I've only slept for 5 mins.. hahax..)

Wanted to take half-day off today, but didnt lah, due to only 5 ppl can take off and I plan to be on off tml (Tues - 29/8).. so if I take off, it wld be unfair for ppl like Boon Sen & Kok Wei, becos they P1 tml (tues - 29/8) mahx.. So ya..

So went to Cookhouse to eat lunch (had the Field Defence Course [FDC] PC, 2LT Sean, eating with us..) and then I went back to bunk and really slept.. Slept until its time to go home loh! =).. so ya..

Then becos my hair is real long, I wanna cut it becos got Parade on Fri mahx.. So anyway, I actually want to go to the hair salon opposite my hse (which Zijing recommended) to cut (I was thinking since going to ORD liaox, so go somewhere else and cut.. dun wanna go to Malay barber to cut anymore!)..

But then when I reach the salon, it somewhat look like it closed.. so I had no choice but to go to Central area (near my hse lah) to see whether there are any.. I was so tempted to go back to my hairstylist (which I did b4 I enlisted into NS), but then with a price of $18, I simply can't afford it!! Too expensive!

So I remembered my dad telling me tat there is another newly opened hair salon (chinese barber, but look like so high class), which he believes it is co-owned by my hairstylist.. so ya.. I decided to check it out..

The person who cut my hair for me somewhat looked familar.. he looks like one of the ppl who cut my hair which I like it (Chinese Barber dun usually cut tat good, and this is one tat really earn my praises becos I dun usually praise Chinese Barbers..).. I cldnt confirm his identity.. Then when I sat down at the hair-cutting seat, I had somewhat cfm my suspicions tat it is co-owned by my hairstylist, becos of the particular brand of gel tat the person used; it was EXACTLY the same as my hairstylist!

Minutes into the person cut my hair, my hairstylist wore his sporting gear and came in.. then I turn ard and saw tat it is indeed my hairstylist.. Man.. it was like a familiar friend lah.. we chatted and stuff.. (becos u koe why? My hairstylist is also my family's hairstylist.. so ya.. tats why this hairstylist koes my family very well!).. anyway, we chatted and then I mentioned abt the numerous hair salons tat has popped out recently in my neighbourhood.. my hairstylist cldnt agree more.. than I mentioned how I wanted to try the salon opp. my hse but closed, so therefore I go there and cut.. then he said, "dun need to try.. guarantee!".. hahax.. wat a confidence huh..

Then I asked him a bold question.. he co-owned this shop izzit? He said "ya".. then we cont chatting.. then I told him tat "last time I went to a Chinese Barber to cut, and it was the first time I visited tat shop, and tat man who cut for me was very professional.. then 2nd time I went, I didnt go back anymore, becos the cutter was too slow.. so ya.."
Then my hairstylist asked me, "does tat guy who cut for you in the store for the 1st time you step in the shop (which u like and you said he is professional), is tat the man who is cutting for you now?".. I cldnt agree more! My hairstylist then told me the whole story tat actually, "he poached tat man to come and co-owned the salon with him..".. so ya..
I then told him "no wonder! becos the man who cut for me is so familar, but I cldnt cfm whether its the same man whom I cut! Then the way he "thinned" my hair, has a special cutting way, which I dun see many ppl practice or cut tat way!"..

Before I left, I told him tat I wld be visiting him frm nxt mth onwards for my hair, as I'm working soon and may have the money to spend at least on my hair! And also told him tat I got to attend my cousin's wedding, so going there and cut loh! =).. so ya.. My hairstylist muz be feeling happy, becos he told me my whole family has gone there and cut except me.. so ya..

Then I asked him how much he charge over there.. he said still $18 lah, becos I regular customer.. so ya.. =)..

At the end of the cut, I think the man ask my hairstylist how much he want to charge for my hair.. my hairstylist gave him a $10 sign, but then instead, the man gave me $9 instead.. so ya.. =)..

I came back and told the news to my parents.. and you koe sumthing? I like my hair now! =)

Then came home and was real shacked.. now on computer typing this blogpost.. man.. I'm super tired again.. looks like I've gonna sleep soon!

Yes lah! Tml I'm on off! =).. and u koe wat this means? I can sleep late =)...

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 52 DAYS to ORD!!

Sweet dreams,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: