"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Tired & disappointed!

I was totally disappointed with one of my gd friend (aka bunk mate) today.. here is wats going on..

This morning when I almost reach camp, I receive an SMS frm this friend of mine tat he is not feeling well and he told me to tell my sgt abt it..

I then replied "chao keng" (hokkien for faking illness).

He replied back, "I'm really sick lah!"

I then replied, "where got so coincident? Dun come and bluff.. you want to chao keng say so lah!"..

Then he replied, "I sick since yesterday liaox! Feel very tired, dun koe why"

I then replied (with anger boiling up!), "Haix.. I dun koe whether this is true or not.. but I still think you still chao keng! Just becos we mount duty till late today, you go and take 10C.. haix.."

Tats wat I told him lah, but wat he didnt koe is tat I'm partly disappointed with him, as well as angry lah! I can be quite sure tat if today dun need to do duty till late, he wld sure turn up at camp!

I can't stand ppl who are tat irresponsible! He claimed tat he is sick yesterday.. and if he is really sick yesterday, why did he still press on to go for the RSAF Day Parade rehearsals, and wait until yesterday nite then go to outside clinic to take 10C? If you were in my shoes, I'm sure you wld feel the same rite?
Becos here is tat the mounting shift today is indeed very low on their manpower and they require us (the GOH shift personnels who were not involved in the ORD combat shoot!) to help, even though I was unwilling at first but after hearing their plight (which only has 5 ppl mount duty if we dun go down and help, and this is pathetic.. its simply impossible to mount with 5 ppl! The rest of the shift were on ORD shoot and 5 others (which were the Paya Lebar Airbase attached guys) were being transfered back to Paya Lebar IMMEDIATELY and the guard com only koe of this info this morning!!)..
Anyway, becos if there are more ppl doing duty, our no. of hrs of duty wld be lesser.. so here is he having 10C.. and its not like he is the only one who is tired.. the rest of us are also tired! Wat makes him so special tat he takes 10C, so he can skip mounting?
Some of you all may think I'm unreasonable becos ppl may be sick at the last minute.. but come on.. you tell me.. if he was unwell yesterday, wld he still press on and go for Parade rehearsals? And yesterday when we talk to each other, he look juz fine to me; no signs of sickness, etc? Now.. does this give u enuf reasons to re-think as to whether am I unreasonable or not?

I can seriously tell you I was super pissed off by this thing, and it disturbed me the whole day lah.. which I still do now! I dun really think its anger, but its more like disappointment! I have very high expectations of myself as well as others (esp. my close friends).. so ya.. perhaps this trait of mine has been derived frm my perfectionist nature which has been inborn I guess? If I want to do something, I make sure I do it good, if not perfect.. My stand is no point doing it half standard and then in the end, when comments are not favourable, I wld complain and make myself so miserable becos I would be blaming myself why I didnt put in my best.. so ya..

Anyway, enuf of him liaox.. talking abt him juz makes my blood boil!..

Today went to camp.. ate breakfast.. slept for 1 hr, before I went down to guardroom to do duty..

When I went down, I was assigned a straight 5 hr duty, which is guarding a super ulu gate.. and this is the most boring duty you can ever do!.. so ya.. No doubt its lonely (becos my duty partner and I hardly talk to each other, becos we dun have common topics!), but I managed to still survive it thru! Phew!

I was so surprised tat at 1700, the day driver came with dinner for my duty partner and me.. so nice rite? =).. in my GOH shift, the ppl juz simply dun care lah.. they leave you to "die".. when you off duty, then eat.. haix.. guess different shifts got different traits lah!

Then when its time to close the ulu gate and go back to our bunk, the mounting shift's guard commander (my FSM - Staff Poh) for the day actually came to pick us up! I really respect him today; he was the driver for the shift (after 1700) and the store IC (after 1300).. he have to do this until the men frm the range come back and carry on with their duty!).. and if there was any other duties which there was not enuf man to man tat station, he wld go take over and help mount duty for tat station! So ya.. this is the first time tat I see my flight sgt major (FSM) really bao-ga-liao! Kudos to you Staff =)

One of my friends (who was NOT P1 at all) did duty frm 1330-2100 (his original duty was frm 1700-2100, but then they somehow misplan the detailing becos one of them need to go and shoot but they plan him in, so his duties is being spread ard.. so becos of this, he has been called down to the guardroom since 1330 to do duty!).. then after which (after 2100 tat is), my FSM took over his duty until the range ppl are back to take over! Shiong rite.. so ya..

Then came home by cab.. shared cab with Boon Sen.. The cab driver was really a bit calculative.. seeing tat the fare is $9 already, i immediately ask him to stop at the bus-stop, but he told me cannot stop becos behind got car, so he got further up a bit frm my designated stop place.. and juz nice, the meter jump by $0.10 like 2-3 secs ago.. and for this, he charged me $9.10!
Come on loh.. its not my fault! I call him to stop at the place, but he told me a whole lot of bulls*it then the meter jump by $0.10! Its not tat I'm petty over $0.10, but its just tat I dun feel justified paying tat $0.10! If I'm like covering quite a distance for tat $0.10, then its ok.. but the problem is tat the $0.10 I pay is for something which was not instructed by me.. man.. this cab driver muz be earning a lot on petty gains! haix..

Ate dinner (which was lotong! Yummy!) cooked by my mum! I have been thinking it the whole day and looking forward for today's dinner.. so ya.. Then bathe and blog loh!

Then after I was online for a while, Sidney msg me on MSN and asked me to call him becos he wanted to rant! So tats wat I did.. and he really ranted like nobody's business! He is like a GPMG (General Purpose Machine Gun) who juz keeps firing and no IA (immediate action)! (guys who have been to NS wld koe wat I'm toking abt!).. hahax.. but glad tat I was tat source of listening ear to him, or else, I think he wld juz explode lah.. so sometimes be an outlet for someone is also good lah! At least you help tat person to clear watever unhappiness he has! =)

Then after called him, I continued with my blog loh!..

Ok lah.. gtg liaox.. tired after a whole day of duty! Yeh! Can wake up late tml, becos my officer give us permission to bk in later tml, as we kenna 'jia' today.. so ya.. I'll cya ppl tml! =)

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 65 DAYS to ORD!!

Life is full of ups and downs,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: