"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Am I slacking?

Yes! The question tat I asked myself time and again... "Am I slacking becos I'm going to ORD soon?" but oh well.. God koes the answer..

Anyway, today bk in camp with a free cab up Toranto Road (all thanks to Boon Sen! Thanks!!).. Packed my things in bunk and then rest a while, before Karyan (ORDing on Fri - 18/8), Boon Sen & I went to canteen to have our lunch. Chatted with Karyan for a while lah, becos its like one of a few last time we can chat.. so ya..

Proceeded back to bunk to bathe and got ready for RSAF Day rehearsal @ Tengah Airbase! Drew arms and soon we were whizzed off for rehearsal in the bus..

Went we went there, I was shocked, becos my base were to first GOH to arrive.. the rest were the supporting contingents..

Soon, we were requested to be on the parade square to start the rehearsal proper! Fwah.. then the rehearsal start! The sun was scorching hot and we were there on the runway rehearsing.. worst still, we wore drill boots, so naturally our boots wld conduct heat by itself.. so ya..

The rehearsal was one big mess;
Firstly the parade RSMs (due to their inexperience) actually didnt really conduct the rehearsal properly.. everything was so slow paced.. even the timing to execute the drills movement was real slow lah, so naturally, our actions wld be sloppy.. and if we are sloppy, we kenna scolded..
Secondly, they also like to march us on the spot for no apparent reason.. after a few movement of drills, they wld like march us on the spot for close to 30 sec (and I tell you tat this is real shiong!).. but fortunately, I was GOH Contingent 2, so our backs were facing the sun's glare, unlike contingent 1 who is facing the sun directly.. so ya..

Oh.. today saw 3 of our NDP marshallers (frm ADSD) on Parade too.. so ya.. spoke to our marshaller, Sam, and he commented tat "wat goes ard comes ard!".. hahax.. Quite funny as to how they dress, becos we used to see them in No. 4, but for the Parade, they are wearing RSAF T-shirt and No. 3 pants! =)

Anyway, I can really safely say tat the I was slacking 90% in the Parade rehearsal today, becos the timing of executing the drills are darn slow.. slow till the pt tat I can actually afford to slack and juz do sloppy movements!

Things changed ard when my RSM went up to talk to everyone on the Parade square.. he did a demonstration of the drills, and I can hear ppl (frm other contingents, particularly the ADSD contingent) complimenting on my RSM's drills! My RSM is tat good lah! =).. Then came the moment where initially my morale booasted but a lot of stress as well, becos my RSM wants us (in contingent 2) to perform for the rest (to prove his pt tat we clock a lot of "milelage"..).. but in the end, I think we not gd enuf.. so he went over to contingent 1 and perform.. then fortunately they perform really well.. the "hormat" drill was really solid lah! It earn the applause frm everyone.. so ya.. haix.. contingent 2 slack rite? you may say so lah.. becos the chief trainer for RSAD Day GOH is warrant seah (CAB RSM) and he went over to contingent 1 and train them.. then there left warrant lim (PLAB RSM) & warrant khoo (TAB RSM) train us, so naturally I think they like quite slack, becos they quite sianx liaox becos of the slow pace of the drill.. whereas in contingent 1, warrant seah take charge, so everything was kilat lah.. haix..

Then came one of the last drills b4 we fall out, and tat is march past.. I tell you.. it was chaos! and guess wat.. I was one of the leading man to march past, so lots of stress being layed 2 guys beside me during marching.. real stress! I have to remember to keep my distance frm the colour party in front, have to maintain dressing, have to count the no. of paces after we turn so as to allow the back to catch up, cannot march too fast nor too slow,etc.. there are a thousand and one things to remember and take note when doing a march past! I tell you.. its totally stress lah! I juz hope I can deliver it on the actual day lah! So guess it wld be more practice and scoldings frm the RSMs liaox.. I have to perserve on and "ren"!! Gambate abriel!! =)

Came home by bus.. Was real hungry.. wanted to get a quick bite frm ang mo kio pasar malam, but didnt in the end.. (didnt want to spend money lah!).. then when reach home, I wanted to buy durian, becos I was craving for it again, but then I see it was not worth the price, becos it looks really small.. so ya..

Ate dinner cooked by my mum (which was really yummy!.. braised pork, chicken feet and egg for dinner, with lemak vegetables for dinner.. how good is tat?).. yummy.. I'm drooling already =)..

Then watched a bit of TV, then blogging now loh! Gonna sleep soon.. Guess I wont be updating for quite a while, becos wld be busy.. here's my schedule for the rest of this wk..

Thu (17/8) - P1 (so can't come home)

Fri (18/8) - RSAF Day rehearsal in afternoon. By the time I reach camp, it wld be abt 1800 liaox.. next day have to mount duty, so rather not come home, or else, I have to wake up at 0530 on sat (19/8) to come back for duty.. a bit the sianx rite..

Sat (19/8) - Mount duty

Sun (20/8) - Dismount frm duty.. Can go home, but need to be back in base before 2300, becos the RSAF Day rehearsal on Mon (21/8) morning at 0800.. so ya.. So kenna 'jia' loh!

Mon (21/8) - RSAF Day rehearsal @ Tengah Airbase..

So now you can see how busy am I? Looks like this wkend and for the wkends to come, I dun need to go out with my family liaox.. Sianx leh.. =(.. anyway, gtg liaox.. I will blog again on Sunday (20/8).. so ya.. Cya ppl =)

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 64 DAYS to ORD!!

My Pink IC is waiting for me,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: