"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, August 20, 2006

A hectic weekend..

Well.. here are my updates for the 4 days (which some of you may think where the heck am I?).. so here it is..

Thursday (17/08/06)

Today went to camp then eat breakfast.. Then we got a briefing frm my OC..

After which, I went to bunk and sleep, only to be woken up by my friend.. As dazed as I can be, I didnt koe wat he is talking abt, so I called my sgt to clarify. Then after tat, my sgt told us my whole P1 grp had to mount duty.. Some of us were shocked becos we were promised tat since we did duty last tuesday, we need not do duty.. We juz had to do our speedtrap (I think my P1 grp is jinxed or smthing becos everytime speedtrap is my P1 grp dp.. but wat to do? haix..)

In the end, my friends becos its being last minute, they woke up immediately to bathe whilst I didnt and juz went to guardroom.. When I went there, I did duty immediately.. Seeing my friends tat I'm sure they dun want to do a 4 hr straight duty, I volunteered loh!

Then 2 hrs later, a miscommunication happened and as a result, Samuel got angry.. Managed to get Samuel to cool off... I called my sgt abt whether Samuel & Kokwei need to do speedtrap becos they do duty liaox then still must do speedtrap. My sgt said dun need so at least I managed to appease Sam lah.. Then I ask abt myself as to whether need to do.. My sgt say indirectly I need to do.. So I said ok becos if I dun do, then not enuf manpower liaox..

Then I pyed back to Sam & Kokwei tat they dun need to do speedtrap.. Then Sam asked me why was I so stupid to still do speedtrap despite tat I did a 4 hr duty.. I then replied tat I have no choice becos not enuf manpower.. I was thinking to myself, if I dun do and inist not doing, then not enuf ppl liaox.. so ya.. I was thinking if I was to do, then I resolve the problem liaox.. so ya.. its resolved in the end lah.. Sam was also very sweet initially, becos he asked me whether want to switch duties becos I no aircon duty.. I said nvm lah.. so sweet of Sam rite? This is the first time I see him like this lah.. Then went to spec mess to eat dinner which is super little lah!

Not enuf initially ebcos I was darn hungry.. Then I tot of go back bunk to consume noodles.. But as the night pass by, I was ok with it and then sleep at 2145 for the nite.. Too tired..

Friday (18/08/06)

I lost my beloved pen today.. It was a case of missing pen. In my squadron, tats how life owrks; finders keepers! Moreover, tat is a new pen which I have bought yesterday! No wonder my sgt said we RPs need to have a few pens becos it gets lost easiy! Haix.. then a miracle happened when I'm in bunk; Kokwei found my pen frm dun koe where and he returned it to me! Man! I was so elated lah!!

Slept for a while before going to canteen for lunch.. Btahe then off I went in the "oh-so-hot" bus! Was practically sweating thru'out the trip lah.. Reach there and I tell you, the holding area is super hot!

Drills today are not as shiong as last wk but the weather is enuf to kill! Haix.. did a few sequence runs and marching.. haix..
It was simply very stressful for me becos I was one of the 3 leading men to lead the second GOH contingent for the march past.. It was CMI (Cannot Make It) at first, but after a few runs, it was ok liaox but it still need improvement! Juz hope I can master the art of maintaining distance for the actual Parade..

Came back to bunk feeling super hungry.. Went out with Boon Sen, Kokwei & Yizhou to NorthPoint for dinner.. Ate Burger King and then we juz walk walk ard the place loh..

Shared cab to bunk and then once at bunk, all 4 of us began to discuss our ORD trip details becos we realised tat the time is drawing nearer.. After 15 mins, we reach a consensus of a place.. But we have to find out more abt it in terms of cost, etc.. so I wld be the one in charge of finding it out and stuff.. so ya..

After discussing, it was already 2240 liaox.. I felt tired and then I slept for the nite..

** Credits: Photos in this post are taken from the official Singapore Idol Website.

Now, here is your weekly dose of Singapore Idol Updates!


This wk's genre (Rock) is not really a 'thing' for me, becos if you koe me enuf, I HATE rock! so ya.. Retro rock still acceptable but still dun like.. =P.. Anyway, here is the ups and downs of this wk's episode of Singapore Idol!



Mathilda D Silva is the latest contestant on Singapore Idol to be voted out!

She sang "Living On A Prayer" by Bon Jovi during the "Rock The House" theme for this week's Spectaculars Show (which happened last Wednesday, 16/08/06).. The judges commented tat her singing was ok, but Jacinta & Ken commended tat she "tried too hard"..

Man! This wk's results were really disappointing! I was expecting someone else (other than Mathilda - becos she's my fave singer!) to be eliminated.. haix..

This wk's grouping were also very weird, becos Paul Twohill was asked to choose a grp which he think is safe! And he chose grp 1 (which is Mathilda, Hady & Jonathan).. but surprisingly, grp 2 (Joakim, Jasmine & Nurul) were safe and this makes grp 1 very dangerous as 1 person would be eliminated from the competition!.. So I was like quite happy tat Paul Twohill was in tat dangerous group, becos he has a chance of being eliminated and I was crossing my fingers tat Paul wld be eliminated rather than the other 3 (Mathilda, Jonathan & Hady).. but the moment came when Paul was announced to be safe.. I was like WTH! haix.. then the unexpected came.. Mathilda was eliminated! I was totally shocked for a while.. How can anyone so good be eliminated? Its real shocking lah! I regretted not voting for her.. haix.. =(.. I tot she wld be safe at least till the final 3 or sumthing.. haix.. but now.. =(

Mathilda appeared on Class 95's Morning Express interview at 0924, and of course, I managed to caught the interview.. In the interview, both Glenn & the Flying Dutchman (FD) was so shocked and fustrated tat Mathilda was eliminated! Haix.. But wat's puzzling me is tat Mathilda actually remained so happy and calm.. In fact, I wld think she feels tat she was happy to be eliminated.. was tat all for show or was she really happy? haix..
Anyway, I wld like to wish Mathilda all the best in her future singing career =)

Oh.. during the Singapore Idol extra session, I think Joakim & Rahimah is an item or else Joakim won't cry so hard when Rahimah was eliminated last wk.. but yet on the show, Joakim denied all these.. haix.. Scandals perhaps? =)

Next wk's is Asian Pop week and the Idols wld be singing 2 songs each; and one of their songs wld be in their mother tongue! Man.. it wld be so interesting to see the Idols singing in their mother tongue! So ya.. I'm glued to the TV for the incoming episode of Singapore Idol! Won't you to? =)

Saturday (19/08/06)

Today duty in camp and when I'm off duty, I called up the tour agency to check on my ORD trip to KL.. I think I called the agency and spoke to everyone who was present at work at the agency.. Ha.. Tats how many times I called and make enquires.. Scary isn't it? Manage to come up with 6 options for the trip and decision is still pending.. Quite fun..

Anyway, my duty strength was super qui (5 ppl are missing; they either on off or on 10C).. Hiax.. In the end, 12 ppl are at the guardroom and have to guard the camp for 24 hrs! So each is getting abt 10hrs of duty.. And you koe wats worse? I got the worse duty of the day (0100-0500 gate duty).. This is the killer period becos this time is any normal human sleeping time.. I tell you, it was indeed very hard for me to try to keep myself awake, but I did keep myself awake by various means (eg: kept walking ard and talking some common topics with my partner).. Thank God for tat lah!.. Then I went to sleep at 0500.. so shacked!..

Oh.. one more thing... Yesterday I ordered MacDonald's .. And I requested specifically tat I want 4 boxes of curry sauce.. But when the delivery came, it only came with 2 boxes!

I immediately called up to complain.. I first called the Mac hotline and complain.. Then they refer me to their Manager, then after a hilwe, then they replied to me.. Then I asked whether there was any other forms of compensation, they said 'no'..

I was quite pissed off with their reply becos no compensation but at least they agreed to send me the 2 curry sauce! Just as I finished my meal, I wanted to call the Mac branch which delievered my order tat they need not bother to send me my curry sauce as I had finished eating my meal liaox..

Juz then, the person came with the sauce.. And I was on the phone with the branch manager becos I request for me to speak to the manager when the branch picks up the call.. I told the branch manager abt the situation and express my dismay.. I then told the manager tat they shld adhere to customer's request no matter wat! I added tat if they are so particular with the condiment policy, then thwy shld reject my requets right frm the start when I began to request for curry sauce though I did not order nuggets..

And on the order chit, I did specify how many boxes of curry sauce they give me and they never fail to meet my number until today.. Wat makes this exception? So ya..

Before I put down the call, I also told them tat they didnt even give me serviettes.. I'm sure serviettes is not a controlled item and yet they forgotten to give.. so ya.. Of course, I spoke to the manager in a polite way but yet make my pt known at the same time.. The manager was very nice in a sense tat she listens to my every commend patiently.. So ya..

You all may think I'm a difficult customer (becos I also think so) rite? But I feel its not! Its juz a matter of practicing my consumer rights! I can't take it when slipshot customer service is given! So ya..

Just hope tat MacDonald's doesn't get into my nerves or screw up my nxt order.. becos this time they did not give me any other form of compensation.. I juz pity them this time round.. so ya.. nxt time when this happens, I'm definately going to request for some form of compensation.. so ya.. super pissed off yesterday lah.. but now I'm ok liaox..

Sunday (20/08/06)

Came home.. did the laundry and sun my laundry! Parents were out the whole day and mum's instructions is to do the laundry loh! See.. I'm a mama's boy! haha.. Then bathe and I'm on my computer the whole day..

Did research for my ORD Malaysia trip the whole day (until the pt I forgotten to eat my lunch.. and now, I'm super hungry).. finding and comparing prices with Singapore tour packages.. so ya.. wat I mainly find is the prices of hotels in KL.. so plans is tat we go Johor and buy tix to KL then go KL to bk hotel.. so ya.. in this way, not so expensive.. but whether successful or not? I need to discuss with my grp who is going.. so ya.. so plans are again on the way!
After which, I started to update this blog loh! Must rush becos I'm super hungry lah..

Whilst bloggin, I chatted with my bro in church, Nat, and he was so sweet.. he asked me where was I yesterday.. I replied duty.. and then he went on to say tat my other bro in church, Ash, wanted to call me where am I.. I think they miss talking to me and stuff.. haha.. so sweet rite both of them? This is wat I call bros.. hahax.. =).. Well ppl in Generation Joshua (if you are reading this), I'm gonna join u all probably end nxt mth, becos by then, I wld be clearing leave.. so ya.. endure 1 mth more ok ppl? I have been gone like close to 4 mths liaox, so another mth I guess wld keep u in suspense? hahax.. so ya.. But wat you all can be assured is tat I do miss you all too! So ya.. guess this works both ways?
(if you dun koe wat I'm toking, its ok, becos I'm writing this on an empty stomach.. so ya)

After finished witing this, I'm gonna get my dinner (probably rice with zhi-char!).. and then rest a while before booking in tonite to camp.. tml got RSAF Day Parade rehearsal and I'm gonna wake up like at 0600 becos draw arms at 0645 mahx.. super early!

Ok ppl.. I gtg liaox.. can't take it anymore! *stomach growling*

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 60 DAYS to ORD!!

Very the hungry,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: