"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Monday, August 14, 2006

My last parade..

Slept quite early yesterday (2330 do you consider it early?.. hahax).. Woke up at the normal time of 0530.. ate breakfast and off I went to camp..

After breakfast in camp was cleaning our SAR 21 rifles, becos NDP we shot rounds with our rifles mahx.. so its an SAF ruling tat whenever you shoot, you have to maintain your rifles by cleaning after every shoot.. so ya.. did juz tat..

Then its USMS time again.. I'm glad to announce tat I got 2 suggestions approved, so its left 1 more, and thank God, I have prepared it and typed it in my hp, so its juz like "copy and paste" lah!
After finished writing, I was like go to the computer and type.. then I agreed only to help 1 other person to type in their commends, becos they want to go up and sleep or sumthing, so I agreed, since my typing speed is quite fast, so I didnt think tat it wld be any hassle or sumthing.. then gradually, ppl start passing me their suggestions to help them type, and man oh man, I was machiam like their typist loh.. I then put a stop to all, by saying my stand tat enuf is enuf.. so all in all, I help 6-7 ppl type their suggestions.. I think now my typing is superb liaox after so much practice today! =P

Then whilst I almost finished typing, a call came frm Sidney, and he told me he has passed his driving! Congrats bro! 1 attempt and u have did it! =)
Earlier in the morning, Sidney did call me to tell me abt his weird dream abt yesterday nite, and I adviced him to take it easy.. so ya.. and juz b4 putting down the phone, I wished him all the best lah!.. so ya..

But then after I put down the call, I immediately felt very lousy lah (though I put up a happy front!).. and I tried my very best to like not think abt it!! .. becos its like he only need 2 times to pass his advance theory, whilst 1 time to pass his driving.. and here am I who is so stupid enuf to fail the advance theory 2 times, and have not even take my driving! I was like scolding myself, "stupid" for dun koe how long lah.. felt really lousy!.. but thank goodness tat as time pass by, I felt better becos I was not thinking abt it, but when I'm really free and got nothing to do, I wld start to think of other ppl's achievements and how I wished to match up with them.. tats how perfectionist I am lah.. haix.. sianx.. =(

By the time I'm done, its like 1100 liaox.. went to canteen for a quick lunch (which was cheese toast), before bathing and falling in at 1145 to draw our M16s for RSAF Day rehearsal @ Tengah Airbase..

Slept in the bus-ride to Tengah Airbase.. was super tired lahz.. Then when we reach there, as usual, my base was the last to reach there lahx.. Fall in and 1WO Seah (Changi Airbase RSM) took over the training of the M16 drills (my RSM who is the Chief Trainer, was late becos I think he got something on).. At first, it felt really weird to do the M16 drills, as we have been practicing and executing the drills for SAR 21 (which actually has a different set of drills) for the past 6 mths or so.. It certainly take quite a while for me to get used to it! But after a while, everything juz got fine and I was in my usual form again, though I'm still afraid of some drills which I'm not really good in! I hope I can perfect it overtime! =)

Then after 2 hrs, its time to resize the contingent where we got broken up into 2 contingents.. and guess wat.. I actually stand in the perimeter of the 2nd GOH contingent.. and guess wat.. I'm standing next to my good pal, Ann Tat! =).. so happy loh! =).. Jiayou Ann Tat!! =)

Rehearsal ended early, but then bus came late.. haix.. in the end, reach camp at abt 1833.. Michael stayed back to help us send our M16s.. so sweet of him.. =).. Thanx Michael.. so by the time we bk out and stuff, its abt 1900 liaox..

Came home by bus, ate dinner (which was macoroni soup, and its yummy lah, becos I have not eaten it for ages!), and then watched a bit of TV, then I started blogging liaox loh! Hardworking rite? =)

Ok lah.. gtg and sleep liaox, becos tml have to mount duty from 1100-1900! The reason? Not enuf manpower to mount tml!
Actually shld be no problem one, becos the dismounting shift today (which is the mounting shift tml) went to go for their shoot!.. but then when they gone there, they got rejected back, becos the person who is in charge of the live firing area @ Nee Soon Camp, didnt want to trouble himself, becos the shoot tat they are doing is different.. the FDC trainees were doing their single person shoot.. wat the dismounting shift did was a group shoot.. so ya..
Anyway, to cut the long story short, my officer called us to do duty frm 1100-1900, and for this, he gave us to bk in later the next day becos kenna 'jia' mahx.. Originally, my sgt said we do duty frm 1300-2100!! Then nxt day go camp late before leaving base for rehearsal.. but after much discussion, they came with a consensus tat we do duty frm 1100-1900, and bk in later the nxt morning.. so ya.. wat to do? I have to conform to the instruction rite? =(

So I will blog late tml ya.. ok.. getting sleepy.. gd nitex =)

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 66 DAYS to ORD!!

The last stretch,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: