"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Life after NDP 2006!

Well.. life juz goes on after NDP loh.. sianx.. here is the lowdown on wat happen over the past 2 days..

11/08/06 (Friday)

Went back to camp in the morning for P1 duty.. Super sianx lah.. First thing in the morning, I got instruction frm the guard commander of the shift to do P1 duty frm 1100-1500, as the shift currently have shortage of manpower (becos some of the shift members have gone for the IMT for their ORD Shoot!).. so ya..

Did duty as instructed even though I was super shacked lahx.. Then went back to bunk to sleep tilll abt 1730, then went Cookhouse to eat dinner.. Came back to bunk and after bathing, I felt very agitated! Dun koe why.. But I feel tat my temper tat day has a short span; which means tat any small thing can spark an "explosion" in me lahx..

Sidney did SMS me in the evening to tell me how good is his new Samsung phone, but becos I was in a very foul mood, therefore I didnt entertain him loh.. sorry ah bro =)..

Watched the shows on TV and by 2100, I was fast asleep on the bed! Surprisingly, I slept so soundly! =)

12/08/06 (Saturday)

For the first time after I came to GOH Shift, I finally came to Eastern Guardroom to mount duty and duty was more shiong than last week!

Duty was a bit sian, becos its a weekend.. but thank goodness tat there are my good friends (aka bunk mates; Boon Sen, Kok Wei, Samuel & Yizhou) mounting duty with me.. so ya.. not as bad as I tot lah! =)

Though I slept a lot yesterday nite, but I dun koe why today's duty I still feel so tired.. haix.. =(

13/08/06 (Sunday)

Dismounted duty today, of course feeling shacked lahx.. Came home and then on the computer and blog this post liaox.. see how hardworking am I..

** Credits: Photos in this post are taken from the official Singapore Idol Website.

After tat, went to eat lunch, and watch my taped version of Singapore Idol Results Show.. so ya.. Anyway, here is ur weekly dose of Singapore Idol Updates..

This week's Singapore Idol was not like very nice, becos half the time I dun koe what the contestants are singing! Some songs were really very strange to me.. But nevertheless, I still have to give you all updates rite? So here it is..




Rahimah Rahim is the latest contestant on Singapore Idol to be voted out!

She sang "Confessions of a Broken Heart" by Lindsay Lohan during the "Home, Family & Friends" theme for this week's Spectaculars Show (which happened last Wednesday, 09/08/06).. The judges commented tat her singing was really bad, and I quote from one of the judges, Dick Lee, "This is the first time I've heard you sang flat almost throughout the song!"..

Not to mention Dick's commends! Even I dun koe wat is she singing too! I think she is simply screaming throughout the whole song lah! So she is eliminated also good lah! Or else ah.. haix.. wld be worst for her as for as for viewers like me..

Next person I wld like to see being eliminated is Paul Twohill! Paul simply has NO singing talent lah! Don't know how he managed to stay so long in the competition! But judging frm the next wk's theme (which is Rock & Roll), Paul wld most likely be staying in the competition for another week, becos his strong area is rock.. so ya.. juz hopes he screws up or do not have enuf votes lah! hahax.. =P


This results show was quite interesting, becos the Idols belt out "Reach Out For The Skies" together as a group item! It was all rite though, but I preferred the original singers who were Rui-En & Taufik! =)

But the highlight of the show came when Kit Chan, actually sang the song, "Home", as a special item! Fwah! I tell you.. as Kit was singing the song, my eyes were starting to get watery.. I tried to withold my tears for fear tat my mum called me a cry-baby or something!.. But ya.. the song was really touching..

On screens, it also showed tat 2 judges, Dick & Florence, actually sang along with the song.. and the audience were also singing along.. then when at the end of the performance, Gurmit asked Kit as to how does she feels whenever she sings this song, the whole Singapore actually sang along with her? Then Kit immediately acknowledged the composer of this song, and its none other than Dick Lee! Oh man.. didnt koe tat Dick Lee is so talented in composing such a beautiful song for the Nation! =)

Gurmit also added tat whenever he hears this song being sang, he wld get goosepimples as well! So ya.. Guess I'm not the only one huh =)

Oh.. then today is a dream come true for a die-hard food fan like me.. I had fulfilled my ultimate food fantasy..
"Wu Xiang" frm MacPherson Kopitiam, "Fried Hokkien Mee" frm Chomp Chomp & "Rojak" frm Toa Payoh!! I have been craving for such a fantasy for so long liaox.. its juz tat yesterday nite during duty with Yizhou tat I told him of this food fantasy of mine.. so ya..

So managed to fulfilled it today, becos family never go out, so I also never go out.. so went out to buy dinner lah.. so ya.. finally! But I somehow regretted this, becos after eating, I feel so so full lah! But anyway, this is so good =).. I'm savouring every moment of it lah! =)

Ok lah.. now gtg and do other stuff of mine liaox.. spend too much time in this blog liaox..

Tml have RSAF Day rehearsals at the super hot Tengah Airbase.. sianx.. Afternoon rehearsal somemore, which means we have to bk out after 1700.. haix.. sianx.. =(..

So I'll cya ppl online tml ya.. Enjoy reading my blog today bah =)..

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 67 DAYS to ORD!!

More drills to be done,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: