"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, August 10, 2006

A photographer in the making!

Was awakened at abt 0800.. Brushed my teeth etc and then went to eat my breakfast.. After eating, I quickly rewind my tape and watched the NDP on videotape!

Quite excited abt it becos I was anticipating as to whether wld I be seen on TV during the Parade, becos yesterday nite I asked my parents (who watched the Parade with my grandma), they said they have gone upclose and they cldnt see me as "all looked the same".. but anyway, I knew where my position in the contingent is, and therefore, I scrutinised myself very closely on the TV screens!

The Parade & Ceremony segment started and I was shocked, becos I had seen myself so clearly on the TV screen.. In fact, I had abt 3-4 seconds airtime, and for someone to not see me, is quite impossible unless they are not used to me wearing contacts or their eyes didnt move fast enuf! Anyway, I was so happy tat at least I had some airtime, which means my training for the drills were not in vain, etc.. hahax.. Moreover, one of my bunk mates told me tat he saw me too! So ya.. =).. Was so happy to hear tat loh! I thought I was the only one who saw myself =)..

Frankly speaking, I was watching the whole Parade with watery eyes.. At some parts of the Parade, my eyes were watery and I'm on the verge of crying.. so ya.. I was tat touched by certain scenes/segments of the Parade (be it the actual Parade or the show segment).. The scene wld be like whenever videos were shown in the past of how Singapore suffered/flourish etc, I was really touched lah.. but wat really touched me most were the words of the song, "HOME".. Here are the extracts of the chorus:

"This is home truely, where I know I must be, where my dreams wait for me, where that river always flow,
This is home surely, as my senses tell me, this is where I won't be alone, for this is where I know I'm home!"

Whilst watching the Parade on video, any funny/weird moments or my base ppl tat I saw on TV, I wld SMS Boon Sen on the spot.. machiam like live telecast! hahax.. =P

Watched finish the whole Parade and the Singapore Idol Spectaculars Show (Theme: Our Home, Family & Friends) on tape.. By the time I'm done, its abt 1130 liaox..

Seeing it was still too early (Boon Sen, Kok Wei & I agreed to meet at 1330), I went on to settle my normal admin stuff and thereafter, proceeded to my room to prepare my substandard No. 1 and fold my clothes.. Then by the time I'm done, its time for me to bathe!

Picked out my "Orchard-going" clothes and put on my contact lens.. Then I was out of the house and this time, my new sunglass made its debut, and man oh man.. its real cool lah!! =) but becos I perspire easily and I put on colongue before I left my hse, my sunglass lens becos it's tinted and somehow my sweat (which has colongue) actually touch the lens (which I dun koe how), it made a small watermark on the lens and it can't be cleaned or washed off.. haix.. =(

However, I still went out with it lah! The sun was glaring, so my sunglass worked just fine! Met Boon Sen @ Orchard MRT Control and becos Kok Wei was late, Boon Sen & I decided to go to Food Republic @ Wisma Atria Shopping Centre to "book" a place for out lunch! At abt 1430, Kok Wei came and we ordered our food. I ate my usual Hokkien Mee and my fave dessert, Ice Mango & Pomelo. On top of tat, I treated Boon Sen & Kok Wei to a place of "Wu Xiang", which was really expensive btw; 6-7 items cost me $9.20.. but I did ordered 1 century egg.. Fwah.. best! .. was craving for it loh.. eat it with preserved ginger.. Fwah! Yummy! =)

Then we walked and see if anything we fancy we buy, becos pay juz came out mahx!! =).. Anyway, I bought wat I wanted, a newurbanmale tshirt, whose words are real cool lah! Actually, they didnt have "large" size which I wanted, but thank goodness, the salesperson found it, juz as I finished changing and not wanting to buy initially (becos dun have my size mahx), becos "medium" size too small and "extra large" size too big.. so ya.. bought it @ $39.90.. Quite expensive hor? Haix.. Good things are expensive loh!!.. hahax.. =P

* Photo on right: The front and back view of my newurbanmale tshirt.
(Photo taken with my Canon Ixus 60 & edited with Adobe Photoshop)


Then we went to HMV.. and guess wat, I saw Junyang's "Gaiban" album.. I was like so tempted to buy but after much persistance NOT to buy, (becos if I buy, my expenses wld increase, and I dun have enuf money to spend for my Malaysia ORD trip!).. Another alternative to the CD is Lin Junjie's concert CD, which is again so tempting becos I'm his fan mahx, but then again for the same reason of saving, I decided to give it a miss too! Though my heart ache becos I so wanted to get either one of the CDs, I resisted in the end lahx.. =(

We took photos along the way (with my camera of course) and we are saying to each other tat if ppl didn't koe, they thuoght we were tourists.. ahahx.. We then wlaked to PS frm Heeren, and juz walk walk ard the place, before we go for dinner @ Carl's Jr. I suggested tat place becos one thing is tat no doubt its more expensive than other fast food, but its definately worth your money.. so ya..

I ate their promotion meal (Bacon Swiss Crispy Chicken Sandwich) and I used NETS ro pay, and for this, I got 20% discount (UP: $10.90), I paid only $8.95.

* Photo on left: The close-up view of the Bacon Swiss Crispy Chicken Sandwich! Looks delicious isnt it? =)
(Photo taken with my Canon Ixus 60)


And frm our dinner, I then knew tat Kok Wei is eating Carl's Jr for the first time, so Boon Sen & I called him "Taisun" (which means mountain tortoise in Mandarin).. Then Kok Wei was like making jokes whilst we eat (he act as if he really was a "taisun"), and I almost got choked lah!! Man, he's funny man!! =P

After we had finished eating, Boon Sen & I brought Kok Wei to The Cathay to walk/shop, as Kok Wei as usual has not been there before (which goes to show he dun go to Orchard often).. Again we took photos, until we were "chased" by a security guard not to take photos (without telling us the reasons!).. Haix.. so we followed the instruction anyway..

Then I suggested we find a place to take photos, and we had a crazy idea.. Boon Sen suggested we go to CHIJMES! And we did, but this time is different.. we WALKED to CHIJMES!! It was an enjoyable walk lah..
Whilst we were walking to CHIJMES, we saw a grp of MediaCorp artistes (Chen Hanwei, Ivy Lee & Cynthia Koh) walking to have their dinner in tat ulu place (near the Singapore Arts Museum).. so ya.. We was like within a 1 metre distance, and worst still, I had my camera with me, but I was so stunned tat I didnt take the photos in the end lah! haix.. wasted =(

When we reached CHIJMES, we took photos again!! Then, I felt tat not good enuf (as in the no. of photos), therefore I suggested go to Esplanade and we did juz tat lah! Went up to the rooftop of Esplanade and Merlion Park to take photos.. Tat ended our outing-cum-phototaking.. =)

* Photo on right: What a spectacular view! This picture of us (as a grp) is taken at the rooftop of Esplanade.. see how beautiful is the Singapore skyline? You shld go there sometime to take a look =) This is actually the BEST grp photo for the night, out of the grp photos tat we had taken!
(Photo taken with my Canon Ixus 60)


Went home in bus 133 and reached home at abt 2230.. once at home, immediately I switched on the computer and began to resize the 128 photos tat we took today (a lot rite? I'm sure u ppl cannot imagine 3 guys actually can take 128 photos rite? =).. hahax..

Surprisingly, the best photo of myself for the day was taken by Boon Sen.. This is probably my best photo yet lah! =)

* Photo on left: This pic is the pic which I have mentioned above loh.. the pic which I like it so much, and this pic is taken by Boon Sen! Nice rite? =).. The pose, the lighting and the background was juz perfect! I think I can use this picture to 'sian' gals liaox.. wahaha.. =P.. I juz like this pic lah! Dun u think I look good in this picture =).. I koe.. my thick skin nature is out again, but wat to do? =P
(Photo taken with my Canon Ixus 60)


By the time I finished resizing the photos and bathe, it was already 0200! Slept for the nite.. Super shacked lah..

* Photo on right: This is my favourite pic of me taking stationary objects in the nite.. This particular photo uses nightmode, so tat explains the movement lines by the car.. So ya.. though this is an amatuer piece of photo, but I guess this is the start to all good things to come! Man.. I juz like nite shot photos! =)
(Photo taken with my Canon Ixus 60)


Oh.. Photos for this outing is uploaded liaox.. Go to Photo Gallery > My Experience As A Soldier Boy > The Outing Of The 3somes (100806) Photos.

Sianx.. tml need to go back to camp to do P1 duty.. haix.. then Saturday need to do duty.. haix.. =(.. so I think I shall cya ppl on Sunday loh.. Cya then!

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 70 DAYS to ORD!!

An aspired photographer,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: