"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Saturday, July 08, 2006

The WORST Parade ever!

Yes! "The worst parade ever!" says my RSM who is the Chief Trainer for Air Force GOH.. haix.. details as follows.. so hang on tight.. this is gonna be a short one, I hope..

This morning woke up quite early.. woke up at 0700.. ate instant noodles for breakfast, bathe and then went down to draw our rifles, and we were whisked off immediately to National Stadium via SBS bus!

When we reached there, we were given a surprise.. our holding area actually is at Indoor Stadium and NOT the normal place where its juz at the corridor of the Stadium.. so ya.. so it was quite a surprise, becos the place is air-conditioned and stuff.. so ya..

Then we had the normal rehearsal practice in the afternoons, and then its back to the indoor stadium to rest till the real showtime..

During the break, we were on a photo frenzy, so we took photos (photos wld be uploaded soon.. stay tuned!).. then hern khoon, samuel, randy and myself decided to do something 'naughty' which ultimately test the 'thickness' of our skin! Ask me if you are curious to koe =)

Then ate dinner which was KFC.. not too bad.. then its time for us to change and then get on with our show!

Was late becos of some miscommunication and stuff.. so in the end, we did not do uncasing of colours (which is a norm at parades)... so got a final brief frm the RSMs before we marched in.. Then the show started and we waited for quite a while before its time for us to march in, and this is where the terror starts!

The march in I tot was all rite, but we did overshot out pt, and this makes us marching on the spot a bit funny becos we were marching backwards and stuff! We were then initially ok and stuff (on the spot and stuff - at least on my side, I can safely say tat, but the front columns, I dun koe..)..
Anyway, the terror starts when we adjust our contingent to the command is given, whose purpose is to make sure tat the contingent is as straight as possible! And dun koe who is the fellow, who actually went to the wrong marking (which my RSM told us before marching in, tat the markings on the ground are WRONG, and remind us time and again, NOT to follow the marking!), and becos of the fellow, he made my row move like 3 spaces, which is super awful lah! You shld have seen the faces of my RSMs when they see this.. some gave a very disappointed face, whilst some juz gave a very stunned look! So ya.. haix.. it was really an embarassing moment, becos Airforce GOH has always a reputable image as in we are one of the best GOH ard, but today, we are the ONLY GOH which screwed up the parade.. so ya.. haix.. totally disappointing and so embarassed lah!..
I also heard frm my RSM tat one of the sgts (frm other bases and NOT my base - dun wish to say which base though I koe who lah) who is in the FRONT row somemore, actually almost dropped his rifle and he actually smack back his rifle whilst we take dressing.. so ya.. haix.. =(

Then usually, when there is a flag flypast when its time for us to sing the National Anthem.. Usually juz unknowningly when I'm in my No. 1, I wld juz like have teary eyes and stuff.. but today, I dun have leh.. dun koe whether izzit becos of today's front part screw up.. so ya.. haix..
If you are confused why I have teary eyes and stuff when there is a flag flypast, I dun koe the reason also, so dun bother asking me! My biggest guess wld be tat sense of patriotism to country and u koe me lah.. I'm quite an emotional person.. so ya.. =)

Of course, needless to say, after the casing of colours and stuff, my RSM scolded us and stuff and his opening line is, "this is the WORST parade ever! The worst parade!..."..

On the way back frm Stadium, my shift ppl in the SBS bus has been talking abt this and tat, regarding why did we make the mistake and stuff.. so ya.. Quite a lot of mayhem happening in the bus! And unknowingly, we reached back camp in a jiffy!

Haix.. came home in bus which totally sianx lah.. worst still.. both buses which I took today (169 and 135) when coming home frm camp, actually had the same problem: ie, it actually almost break down.. so ya.. when tat happens, I tot to myself, "am I tat sway?".. so ya.. haix..

Then bathe and on this computer blogging loh.. so ya.. ok lah.. time a bit not too early liaox.. going to sleep liaox.. =).. cya soon..

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 103 DAYS to ORD!!

Disappointed,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: