"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Sunday, July 02, 2006

What a week!

This is gonna be a long update (anyway, wats new?).. so ya.. hold on to ur seat.. Here are the updates for the various days..

Friday (30/06/06)

Today went to NYP for marshalling for NSmen rededication parade from north-northeast zone. It was an experience lah. Sat in my senior trainer warrant's car with some other ppl frm S3 branchwho were involved too!

When I stepped into NYP, I was so surprised to see such a beautiful campus and we also went to the canettens; they have even fast food canteens and an aircon canteen whose food is much cheaper than outside. I first thought TP is better than the rest of the polys but NYP beats TP hands down la.. I somewhat regret why I didnt come to NYP in the first place!

And then I saw those students studying and stuff.. They like having so much fun studying in poly, which brings back many fond memories when I'm way back in TP and this also makes me want to go back to poly and study.. Haix.. those were the times..

Then the marshalling of traffic came and I was instructed to marshal the VIPs. Out of which, I marshalled 3 BGs and the Minister of Education. One more BG is supposed to attend but he cancelled his last attendance at the last minute. Anyway, I actually marshalled the VIPs for 2 hrs before I fall out. And its under the hot sun mind you! So its no different frm doing duty lah.. Moreover, I do the marshalling duty in my RP3 which is super hot lah!.. Then ate some reception and tats my dinner! Super full la!.. I have been eating the whole day liaox, so by the time we eat the reception, I already almost there liaox!

Sat the minibus back and then I bathe loh! And I slept super early la.. By 2045, I sleep liaox and by 0700 on the next day, I wake up and tats 10 hrs sleep! Oh.. forgot to tell you.. Now my blog has been publicised in my squadron HQ liaox; now even my S3 koe tat I have a blog page! Die liaox.. now I need to really practice caution in my blog.. but dun worry.. my blog page wont close down lah =)

Saturday (1/7/06)

Today is SAF Day Parade. Everyone before the Parade was taking photos and were in an excited mood to perform. My heart started to beat very fast even before the Parade started; the gallery was fully seated so naturally there was quite an amount of stress. Moreover, I was the third row and give timing for the front people.

But something unexpected happen. We actually henta kakki (malay for marching on the spot) too fast which result in most of us banging on the wrong leg. Some ppl say its my fault and I admit it becos if not for my timing, the front ppl wld be rite lah!.. haix.. Feel so disappointed with myself. After tat, I have no more morale doing the rest of the drill liaox..

Then came the march past.. Somehow I cant really hear the command to tilt my head so I actually like want to turn liaox, and I didnt koe whether I actually execute it and the marching was quite not in line since I was also the front man for the march past. Everything today juz dun seem to go well.. I'm totally disappointed.. =(

This nite I was gloomy the whole nite la.. Even my bunk friends ask me why I suddenly so quiet and like so moody.. I didnt tell them the reason la becos I was too disappointed to mention. But since this is my blog, I will say it..

This is becos of the parade issue lah, which we all screw it up loh! You all may think tat there is nothing wrong and I shld juz take everything with a pinch of salt. But if you koe me well enuf, u wld koe tat I'm a perfectionist. So becos this Parade I'm considered like one of the leading man and I was the one who gave the timing for the front ppl to henta kakki on the spot and properly, but in the end, it didnt turn out as expected and I feel like its my fault lah.. Becos ppl have been saying my timing was a bit of a screw up. And then, my head tilt-to-the-right (pandan kekenan) drill was too fast and our marching in a line was simply crooked and becos I was the 1st row, so everything cld be seen clearly. I ask my bro, Marcus, how was the Parade and he said it was bad and all tat.. but he actually tried to encourage me by saying its not my fault and stuff (I told him everything) but I simply cant put it all down. I feel tat its my fault. Eevn if its not my fault, I still feel disappointed becos I'm part of of Airforce GOH and we cock up the Parade. Other ppl may not think so much, but to me, its like a great disappointment lah, becos I'm simply a perfectionist la! Everything I do, it muz be good if not better. And today we made so many mistakes.. Haix.. Such a great disappointement.

Wats more.. There are somethings which I'm very unhappy abt and its regarding my camp stuff.. So I guess its sensitive info.. if you want to koe more, ask me on MSN.. so ya.. but wat I can say is tat the ppl in my camp has started condemning my shift.. so ya.. so much for integrity huh..

Lots of ppl have like ask me how I feel and stuff (eg: like why I feel so sad/quiet).. I spoke to a selected few and they are Marcus, Sidney and Boon Sen. They have msg me and I wld like to thank them for the encouragement when I'm at my lowest moment! =).. Thanx!

Anyway, despite all the unhappy things, the only things tat made me happy was the photo taking. I think out of all the photos taken, I was like in about 70% of it. Ha.. totally was photo crazy or maybe I was photogenic.. Ha.. =P.. will upload the photos soon.. =).. but then too bad I can't bk out becos my RSM said so.. Had to stay in for tml's NDP rehearsal!.. Haix.. Anyway, the photos are gonna be uploaded soon and when come to NDP, I will take more photos.. Probably with my Ixus 60.. Ha.. =)

Sunday (2/7/06)

Today is a happy day! I woke up quite early in the morning and saw my bro, Sidney's msg.. The msg is really encouraging lah!.. Thanx bro =)..

Ate instant noodles for breakfast and then watched a bit of TV then bathe and off I went on a SBS bus for NDP rehearsal at National Stadium. I'm like back to my old happy go lucky self this morning. I dun koe why the sudden 180 degrees change of emotions. Hmm.. guess everyday is a new day ba.. =)

Reached there and sat for a while, before having 'Siam Kitchen' for lunch.. I was instructed to like go take lunch, and becos of the lack of manpower, I carried 2 boxes full of food.. so after which, I was like regretted, becos it was super heavy after a while, and my muscles started to feel fatigue.. Then when I almost reach a place, one of the CPL frm another dun koe wat contingent, offered me help.. and he was like want to put it into his contingent.. I quickly told him tat its not his contingent's food! He was like 'oh'.. then he offered to like help me carry.. Then he said, "commandos" rite? (oh man.. I look like a commando? It was super flattering! =P) I was like no.. then I said nvm.. I wld carry it myself.. then came my admin in charge.. he was like asking wats the problem.. I told him.. then I actually didnt engage tat guys help.. I carried both boxes myself.. and I tell you.. my arms sighed a sign of relief frm all the fatigueness! Ate lunch which was quite average..

Then its a few runs under the hot sun in the field.. Then its rest for 3 hrs.. during this 3 hrs, we had a lot of fun.. we talk and stuff.. ate dinner which was SFI's chicken rice.. didnt like SFI's chicken rice though, becos I was like too full to eat liaox.. and the veges (which was boiled brocolli) were soft and over-cooked.. but nevertheless, I finished the whole pkt of dinner lah.. dun waste food mah!

Then its the full run.. before tat, the RSAF Chief Warrant came to speak to a few of us and I overheard the conversation.. he actually praised tat we did a good show yesterday, even though there were cockups.. he is always like the super advance morale booster lah!.. =)

It was quite exciting to be in the full run, becos there is like more audience liaox.. dun koe why so last minute got so many ppl.. so ya.. but I did not really patriotic enuf to tear during the National Anthem.. so ya.. maybe becos I was in No. 4 rather than in my No. 1 which I don last wk.. The run was good enuf.. its even commented by my RSM.. so since he say good, its good loh!.. and I tot tat there was no fireworks or things like tat.. but then I was wrong.. there was fireworks and we saw a bit lah! =).. it was so beautiful!

Then came back to bunk and confirmed my off on Tuesday with my officer.. so I'm going off frm tml-tues and only be back in camp on Wednesday morning! So ya..

Then came home by cab becos my 'luggage' was super heavy lah.. So ya.. came home, on the computer and then blog this blogpost and at the same time, receive SAF Day Parade photos frm my friend lah.. so ya..

Ok.. I'm tired.. Gonna sleep liaox..

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 109 DAYS to ORD!!

Tml is gonna be another great day,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: