"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art." La Rochefoucauld

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Been thinking..

Hey peepz! I'm back and I'm blog.. wats new? =)

Been thinking a lot actually.. here are my tots and also some of the day activities.. juz read on ya.. =)

Frm the nicks and blogs tat I've read, ppl have been falling sick! In fact, I've juz recovered frm my illness and I'm so happy tat I ate durian yesterday (a gift frm my neighbour!).. so nice rite =)..

Yesterday went back to camp to sleep over, becos this morning got SAF Day rehearsal.. so becos I ate durian before I left house for camp, my hands has the smell of durian, and believe it or not.. I kept smelling my hand, becos the durian smell is tat overwhelming lah! =)..

This morning's rehearsal was not too bad.. 2 full runs only with only a slight mistake during the first full run.. but by the second full run, we manage to rectify the mistake =)..

And I was touched by what one of my RSM trainers said, which I agreed too; the EXCO-Chairman (who is a rank of BG - which is 1/3 of a General in the Army! Tats how high ranking he is!) actually take this so seriously tat he kept coming down to our rehearsals and vet the rehearsals and give improvement if any! And also, he wld walk the ground, as in he wld juz walk the parade square (whilst we on parade) to see if anything was wrong and if there is any, he wld feedback to the person in charge.. Tats how "on" he is! Which I totally agree.. the RSM (1WO Khoo : Tengnah FDS RSM)said the following:
"This is the first time in 24 yrs tat I see a BG walking the ground! And if the EXCO Chairman is so serious abt the Parade, dun you think that you all shld be serious too?"
When he said tat, I actually like one in and out the other! But coming to think of it now, I think it make a lot of sense! Dun you think so?

This is also the first time tat I receive so many things frm an SAF Day Parade (last yr I did NOT have such privileges..).. the things I received are:

(a) A water bottle (issued at the first rehearsal)
(b) A SAF Day 2006 rehearsals newsletter (issued TODAY!)
(c) A A4 size photo of RSAF GOH with my RSM (issued TODAY!)
(d) An off day! (issued TODAY!)

Both items, (b) and (c) is a souvenir for us participants.. they are considerate rite =)

Before parade form up, I spoke to some other airbases' GOH members whom I see both in NDP & SAF Day, which they are quite close proximity to me during both parades.. so we interact a lot lah.. and I actually am quite close friends with them liaox.. so ya.. Glad tat friendships between different airbases can be made in such way lah! =).. heard tat after NDP, they wld NOT be in GOH anymore.. they wld mount duty.. haix.. sianx.. like tat, no one tok to me liaox.. =(

When we are abt to fall out frm parade, my sgt gave me a bad news; he said tat 4 of us (boon sen, samuel, yizhou and myself) have to do marshalling with our RP3 (*gulpz*) at Nanyang Polytechnic tml.. which means its so last minute lah! Have to get ready my RP3 and spend money on cab to bring my RP3 to camp tml.. sianx leh! So after much discussion, my grp swop P1 with another group, becos we wld only come back abt 5+pm.. so ya..

Tml wld be staying in camp also, becos Sat (1/7) got SAF Day Parade.. so ya.. and depends, I may or may not be back on Sat.. but most prob I will.. becos Sun is NDP rehearsal at National Stadium.. shiong rite.. but thank goodness, Monday is mass off given by my officer.. so ya..

Ok lah.. need to sleep liaox.. waking up at 0530.. and by the time I post this, its like 0045 liaox.. sianx! *yikes*

** I'm still counting down the days LEFT to serve.. its 111 DAYS to ORD!!

Thinking soldier,
<<< abriel >>>

No comments: